Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (jhonnydanks @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 08:38 AM) don't stop get it get it FTW
  2. I dont think the question for Mauer staying in minnesota is going to be money, I think he is going to look long and hard at the organizations push to continue to succeed. He has already made a few comments here and there about players moving in and out of the organization, I dont know that he would like to be one of two guys(the other being Morneau) who stay with the team and watch everyone else ride a short revolving door out of town. If the Twins dont make a good effort to try and build around him and Morneau, then I see a free for all free agency period rivaled by Arod only.
  3. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 05:52 PM) They made a movie about Chris Getz? You are getting your movies confused. The movie you are thinking about is Ninja Master.
  4. Kyyle23 replied to VAfan's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Jeremy @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 09:25 PM) Funny, I guess we'll never know what Fields would have done had he been given the opportunity to continuing playing every day and make some adjustments. Josh managed to post a ~ .800 OPS with sporadic playing time after Beckham was called up. What about the opportunity he was given BEFORE Beckham was called up? The reason the playing time was taken away from him was because he couldnt hit a 90 MPH fastball.
  5. Kyyle23 replied to VAfan's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (VAfan @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 08:14 PM) He's 25. His biggest downside is ZERO power. He has 6 career steals and been caught twice. He's got no power so there is no reason for pitchers to walk him. If he reached his maximum potential, he'd probably top out at a .700 OPS, and he'd have to hit nearly .300 to get there, with a .350 OBP. And between now and then, if he ever did reach that point (which I doubt), we'd have to suffer through pathetic numbers that are way below league average. On grass, in the homer-friendly Cell, he's a disaster. (Moreover, he can't play SS, so he's effectively useless as a utility player.) Give me Josh Fields and his strike outs every day over that. I can at least hope that Fields will fix the hitch in his swing and return to the 20-homer power he displayed two years ago. This entire post, and pretty much every post following from VAFan, was b****ing about Getz being unable to hit a homerun. The entire lineup can hit a homerun, why is it so damn important for Getz to hit a homerun? The guy bunts, steals, has the speed to get doubles and triples. How can one decide that Fields 1 or 2 strikeouts per game(a modest estimate most of the time) are more acceptable than being unable to hit a homerun(which Getz has done)? Weird
  6. QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 07:05 PM) I know right? Seeing him there on TV made me jizz in my pants. What do you think the other players did when they saw him? Hopefully not the same thing you did. At least not right when they saw him.
  7. I also feel that while Alexei certainly has his share of brainfarts, Nix is making him look 10X better out there on defense. 2B seems to be much more of Nix's forte' than SS. He has made some pretty simple play errors and a couple of really hideous throws.
  8. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    Official trailer for Ninja Assassin makes me want to see this in the theater
  9. QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:58 PM) Deja vu all over again. I bash Nix's bat quite a bit, but he's having an excellent day at the plate today. Not so much with the glove
  10. Hmmm, thats two runs pauly cost? How about the runs he has saved with defense? Or runs he drove in?
  11. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:48 PM) Holy, Wow. Did Q crush that foul. Thankfully Rowands Rowdies bartman prevention program was in place
  12. Tarvaris Jackson sprains his MCL. Brett Favre, your move.
  13. QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:19 PM) Stuart Scott is one of the top 3 reasons I hate ESPN. For a guy who has never played sports, they sure like to plaster his mug on every damn commercial and ESPN tv show. Every time he start yapping I just want to poke him in his good eye. Thats the least of my concerns. I mainly dislike the guys who have played sports because they dont know what it takes to be a real anchor/analyst. Fernando Vina or Eric Young anyone?
  14. QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 03:37 PM) i keep worrying every time I see a ball almost go in the stands that we are going to have another bartman. most of our fans seem to do a good job staying somewhat out of the way but I say we take it into our own hands and teach the front row people to get out of the way for foul balls hit by the opposition can we create a flyer and have it on the front row seats? i just think it may help us win a game at some point, you never know when this could come in handy. anyone want to take this project on? This is all you buddy, let us know what happens
  15. QUOTE (3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 10:34 AM) http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=422&sid=195479 I was eyeing him but knew we'd be too cheap to pay him LOL, too cheap to pay Washburn
  16. Kotsay has hit the ball so hard since he has come to the Sox, its a shame he doesnt have anything to show for it. I was hoping Ozzie would plug him in there until he broke through
  17. QUOTE (pcullotta @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 09:06 AM) Beckham currently has a higher OPS then Konerko. Beckham now has the highest batting average on the team. Beckham is behind only Jim Thome in OBP. I like Beckham. Co-sign
  18. QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 08:26 AM) Fenway Park does not suit Adrian Gonzalez well. His home park is the worst in the majors for hitting, I am sure Fenway wont be a problem
  19. If the Sox traded for Peavy two months ago, where would they be in the standings now.....
  20. QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:31 PM) In the past 4 years Colon has thrown roughly 250 innings, that's the equivalent of a little over 1 season. That's the kind of shape I am referring to when considering signing a guy. And pitchers who look like Colon is not the norm in baseball, that is why people do make a big deal about guys like Wells (whose own career was cut short thanks to his weight) and Sabathia. But weight isn't even the issue, I'm just making the point that sinking money into rehab projects like Colon and Garcia is a waste of $ and should not be done if your GM is going to spend that kind of money on those guys and then cry about salary restraints. David Wells pitched for 20 years. I would hardly call his career shortened by his weight problem.
  21. Zumaya officially done for the season
  22. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 05:04 PM) Me:Hey when can I tap dat RibBarb:last time u fell asleep Me:Well you know what happens when you make the appltinis 2 strong! RibBarb:I suppose we can tap tonight, Dance is a rerun neway Me:Sweet RibBarb:but if u wear the southpaw costume again i will stab u with andy the clown. LMAO, first response was "you fell asleep last time", next response is "Oh well, my favorite show is a rerun anyway. Why not?"
  23. That chat is weird. I just logged in and you can still see everything Buehrle gt Wood, Flash, and SoxAce said 2 hours ago.
  24. QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:16 PM) That still leaves Saturday night open...what's her number? Its 847-4.............HEY!!!!!
  25. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    New Coen Brothers movie, A Serious Man

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.