Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Ozzie is not going to like this, I am pretty sure of that. He was not happy with the Bacon criticism either
  2. I think this thread about Bobbys velocity and slump is pretty much clockwork every year. Thats not to say I think he has been fine, but I do think he will get past it
  3. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:48 PM) There is a "1" next to "inbox" on my facebook account. I know exactly who the message is from, I know what it is about, but I'm not exactly sure what it says, so I am terrified to read it. I wonder how long it will take me to get the courage to click on it (I just got the message today). How bad did you f*** up
  4. lets get his pah-tee stah-ted
  5. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:11 PM) What other team has two lefties that both can throw 94-98 MPH consistently out of the bullpen? QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:33 PM) How is Thornton/Richard JUST like any lefty/lefty? What does that even mean? Which teams have a tandem or trio of three lefties coming out of the pen like we do (or could have)? Why do you underestimate Richard so much, because he has been pitching so poorly as a starter recently? I'll narrow the range, 95-98, if that appeases you. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 06:44 PM) And if he has ranged from 92-95 MPH with his fastball AS A STARTER, why wouldn't he consistently be able to throw it at 93-96 MPH coming out of the bullpen for JUST 10-15 pitches? Can someone explain why that's not possible? Is the fastball range of your next post going to lower again
  6. end of 07 was probably absolute peak for Fields
  7. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 04:04 PM) Prediction: Kyyie and Larry Eustachy end up on either facebook.com or myspace.com with BA's and Gordon Beckham's "slayed hotties" in a hot tub holding Milwaukee's Best cans. ISU "inside" joke...sorry. If only a certain un-named basketball player was around to rob the local Burger King.
  8. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:51 PM) As always, an awesome Alice In Chains video to go along with it...Alice In Chains I love Jerry Cantrell. They really found a quality replacement fow Layne(RIP), and I did not think that was possible.
  9. Sox only expect 1 missed start
  10. DAMN YOU TODD LICKLITER!!!! *SHAKES FIST* Danks has a blister on his finger, reason for missed start per the Score
  11. QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:43 PM) Aaaaaaaand...thread destroyed. no s***. 5 posts and massive derailment.
  12. QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 02:18 PM) How was the turn out of the chat last night? You broke Kalapse's heart by no-showing, thats for damn sure. You stood him up like none other.
  13. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:28 PM) They were 80 bucks. How much do you think I should ask for? Ask for face value. Well, on soxtalk that is a necessity But you can do that on craigslist and if you get a bunch of hits, you can haggle with them if they want to barter over it
  14. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 03:24 PM) I actually live in Chicago again. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Wow, that is a band roughly equivalent to the Beastie Boys? I want to punch someone in the face. Kyyle, where do I sell these tickets and how? Does anyone on this site want tickets to a terrible day of music plus Tool? Put it on the ticket exchange here, or put it on stubhub. Even craigslist is an option for you. I bet you get a bunch of hits on craigslist immediately, just make sure you ask for cash only
  15. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:08 PM) What was that bit about an advanced pre-Egyptian society? I didnt know you saw Transformers 2!
  16. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:22 PM) Somewhere in the North East milkman is punching a wall... Yeah Yeah Yeahs replace Beastie Boys at Lolla actually somewhere in Chi-town now. Milkman came back to the fold
  17. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:21 PM) This time last year I was wishing that Tyler Flowers was in our organization too, hmmmmmm.... Is it not odd to see the Braves shipping their prospects all over the league like they are? Josh Anderson, Tyler Flowers, Brent Lillibridge, Gorkys Hernandez, Charlie Morton, Jeff Locke.....it seems like they are totally cleaning house this year. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:23 PM) They like his strike out ability apparently. Or is that a pitchers forte? Isnt this the part where you say you want to keep Fields?
  18. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:12 PM) I remember the Rays sucked against left handed pitching last year. Richard completely handcuffed them in his playoff appearance following Vazquez
  19. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:14 PM) He's only 20 and has sick power, I'd take him. Borchard has made me extremely wary of sick power and lots of K's. Granted they are not the same player, i understand that, I just dont like to see that high of a percentage of K's in any player.
  20. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:05 PM) Cody Johnson stats Take a look and speculate. wow, he has struck out 113 times in 310 AB? Sounds like he is the equivalent of Lillibridge
  21. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 12:14 PM) Don't know how many of these guys actually had TJ surgery... Lorenzo Barcelo Jim Parque Jason Stumm Corwin Malone Danny Wright Jon Rauch (labrum) Rocky Biddle Bobby Howry Kelly Wunsch James Baldwin Mike Sirotka Kyle Kane Kris Honel Brian West All labrum issues IIRC, and pretty much all of them on Nardi Contreras' watch. Kind of hard to blame Contreras or Cooper for Kane, Honel, West, and Malone though since they pretty much all never saw the majors.
  22. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 12:22 PM) Not really. I haven't seen/read any of the Harry Potter series, so I'm not going to comment on that specifically. Certain books are impossible to portray on screen well. Lolita comes to mind. In cases of these books, well, the audience is s*** out of luck unless they read the book. These books are rare. Adapting from text to screen is a simple process. Where it gets ruined is generally in the business side of things. I imagine if Hollywood was less worried about how much of a cash cow their movie is, they'd sacrifice less creativity to cater to a focus group and concentrate more on making a good film. That said, filmmaking and writing are two different arts. A certain amount of the story is bound to be lost in translation, but that doesn't mean we need to cut out big, important chunks of a story to 'make it work' -- in cases like this, Hollywood should be required to open the film with: "Based on the Harry Potter novels." I agree, I think "Theatre of the Mind" is the part of any book that is lost in translation. People see certain scenes happening certain ways, and get really pissed when someone else interprets it their own way. A believe a large portion of Stephen Kings books are ill-adapted to the screen because a lot of the books he writes are in the first person, and you are viewing what people are thinking rather than what they are doing. Sometimes it works ok, other times you have Dreamcatcher which was exactly what you said, a Hollywood exec worrying about the cash cow and bringing in more audience. That book was so much more than a simple alien invasion.
  23. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 12:04 PM) Because the Prius is so 2007. I really do not see the appeal of the Smart car. It's not very practical, its not particularly efficient, and it isn't exactly cheap, either. But it is cute!
  24. eh, if you get creamed by a truck there is not a good chance any car is going to make it out ok, SUV or sedan.
  25. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:06 AM) Didn't Harden strike out 7 against Cleveland but also gave up 7 runs as well? I think pretty much all of the Cubs starters got torn up by Cleveland, but Clevelands starters and relievers got torn up a little bit more

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.