Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:52 AM) Cy young hit one in 1904. Frank smith hit one in 1905. Joe wood hit two in 1991. In 1917 babe ruth pitched 0 innings of a complete game in which ernie shore no-hit washington. Ruth hit two home runs that season while shore hit none. Walter johnson hit one in 1920. Wes ferrell hit nine in 1931. Bob feller hit two in 1940. Bob lemon hit five in 1948. Virgil trucks hit one in 1952. Don larson hit two in 1956 which was the year he threw his perfect game. Earl wilson hit three in 1962. Jack kralick hit two in 1962. Tom phoebus hit two in 1968. Catfish hunter hit one in 1968 which was the year he threw his perfect game. Clyde wright hit two in 1970. Vida blue hit one in 1970. Buehrle is the first to hit a home run and throw a no hitter/perfect game since the dh was introduced in 1973. I had a feeling this would be the case. It is just too sporadic of an occurance(AL Pitchers hitting, that is) for a homerun AND a no-hitter to occur ine same year for an AL pitcher
  2. Twins have been losing a lot of games late. The fact that they cannot hold on to leads bodes very well for the Sox at this point, it was always their pen that would lock the Sox down.
  3. QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 06:43 AM) I dont know if this was responded too earlier but isnt this the 3rd time Buehrle has faced the minimum. I could of swore against the tribe he only allowed 2 baserunners both that got out on double plays. That was also the first game Grady Sizemore ever played in if my memory is right. Yes, on the radio they said its the third time because of what you said: a 2 hitter vs the tribe in which both runners were taken care of via double play. It really does not get better than what he did yesterday Hey Kalapse/Qwerty, has an AL pitcher ever hit a homerun and thrown a no-hitter(much less a perfect game) in the same year?
  4. Kyyle23 replied to DePloderer's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (DePloderer @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 06:01 PM) I couldn't afford MLB TV for a while, felt a bit of a fraud hanging around here when I had no real idea what was going on and just stopped visiting. I always looked out for the results in the paper though. Then today I found myself defending the merits of baseball to a group of English sports fans, got home and heard about the perfect game, ended up re subscribing to MLB TV to watch it and........... well here I am! Well I for one am glad you made your way back. I am sure there are plenty on the site who can show you how to watch the games without having to plop down the money. Im not saying it is illegal or anything, but it might be.....
  5. Has Beckham hit a HR at the Cell yet?
  6. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:56 PM) I don't think the Sox are trading for a reliever unless they dump a reliever. I really think they are going hard after Haren. Would you guys do Richard/Poreda/Hudson/Flowers/Shelby (or Fields or Anderson) for Haren? I would. Would the Dbacks? I would love Haren, but I have to think KW is trying to upgrade the righthanded setup guy dramatically because of the failure of Linebrink and Dotel so far. If he could pawn off Dotel on the Braves, then also flip some prospects for Qualls I think he would do just that. In a perfect world I would like Linebrink to be dealt, but that contract and recent results just dont show that as being possible IMO
  7. I bet the Sox are looking at Qualls
  8. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 05:37 PM) yeah, I saw it on ESPN when I was at the gym, and it's not like Lebron strongly challenged the guy, he kind of was lazily drifting back, the kid accelerated and Lebron gave an effort at the end, not bad at all really. Wasn't there a story that Artest was throwing around MJ at some point before he came back for the Wizards? Wasnt that at Hoops? I swear he broke MJ's rib or something like that, and everyone kept it very hush hush
  9. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 11:41 AM) Really? 40 HRs for 5 straight years (and on his way to the 6th), over 100 walks for 5 straight years, and a career OPS+ of 131 does nothing for you? Why because he strikesout a lot? Where are you seeing that BearSox said that Zimmerman does nothing for him? He just said that Zimmerman was the only competent player on the team and that he is untouchable. I think there was another post that said something like that, but it must have been deleted. Dont think it was Bearsox though edit: I just saw your reply
  10. Kyyle23 replied to JPN366's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 11:40 AM) saw the video (virus free). nice. Gregg Doyel says you are not a man
  11. Zimmerman just signed a 4 year 52 mil extension. The Nats should disband their entire front office if they just deal him away(they should do it anyways, but thats besides the point) not gonna happen
  12. For all of the people that want to act indignant about booing any certain player, I have to ask you one thing: Which do you think any player would dislike more, your opinion of any player in any thread from any performance that is on this website told straight to their face, or a booing for a s***ty performance. I bet the player could care less about being booed as opposed to reading through a gamethread
  13. Im just wondering when booing became such a new thing? As if it hasnt been done throughout the history of baseball?
  14. So sad when a major league player making millions of dollars playing a game for a living gets booed. It truly breaks my heart
  15. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:16 PM) I would only see them if it was some kind of celebration of S.C.I.E.N.C.E, where they played the whole album. I have zero desire to see them if not, they went in the crapper after Make Yourself. So bland and boring musically and lyrically, when they were so innovative in the late 90's... I always say that I would love to see S.C.I.E.N.C.E in its entirety like that. For that matter I would love to see Failure perform Fantastic Planet in its entirety as well
  16. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:04 PM) Do they play anything off of S.C.I.E.N.C.E anymore? If I could be gauranteed 3 songs off S.C.I.E.N.C.E I would count that as a victory. Me and a good friend interviewed Brandon the day after they left Carbondale in 1997, I had no idea they were going to get as big as they did. he was very cool to us, they sent us all kinds of goodies
  17. speaking of front row, I swear I saw Lovie Smith in the front row directly behind home plate
  18. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    since the youtube one has been yanked
  19. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 02:57 PM) No I didnt see those pictures. Since I made the statement that I was done with watching the news I havent watched it at all. And I have to say I feel ALOT better not watching that s***. My wife watches all of the E! crap and inevitably I watch it too, they had a picture of this knee wound that MJ had, and there were trackmarks literally up and down his legs, the wound wasnt healing properly because of all of his drug use. The wound was black and really nasty
  20. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 02:29 PM) What kind of possible evidence could they have found? evidence of all of the drugs and syringes that this guy was pumping into MJ. Did you see the pictures of MJs arms and legs with all of the track marks and evidence of massive drug use?
  21. QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 09:20 PM) Please define "insult" for me and please point out occurrences of them. QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 08:52 PM) Yeah, I'm serious. It's amazing that in a long, thought out paragraph there really was nothing to argue to actual point, just a wall of text disguised as insight. Not to say he's been solid or he would have been, but BA was NOT "given every opportunity," and Wise is an even WORSE player, so PLEASE stop with the "he lost his job to Wise" BS because I laughed so hard at that statement. He "lost his job" to a worse player and THAT'S grounds for making a childish assumption that BA will never be a good hitter? Where did you learn logic from? QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 09:02 PM) So forgive me for not thinking your analysis is ultimately worth a damn. Knowing that you are constantly insulting the owner of the site, and he has done nothing but engage in this argument with you in a civil manner, I am pretty amazed that you think that you are being frank and reasonable in this argument. Obviously you disagree with his opinion, but that does not make his wrong and certainly does not mean that he lacks common sense. Stop insulting people. Last warning.
  22. I wonder if Escobar could be flipped for Halladay.....
  23. Somewhere Santo is dancing and cheering
  24. No word on where to yet.....
  25. I dont know if anyone noticed or cared, but Kimo Leopoldo was dead yesterday according to news reports, but today he is very much alive

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.