Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 10:16 PM) That was very scary to see in person. He was down for quite a bit. So, I’m sad to report that Shea stadium is now a more literal parking lot then it used to be. Citi Field on the other hand is very pretty but plain. From a spectator standpoint there’s really not a bad seat in the house. There are great vantages points all across the ballpark. The stadium, however, fails to really revolutionize anything, it’s very cookie cutter, the exterior is stunning, the interior, however is much like The Cell it’s serves its purpose, but it’s fairly ordinary. The pitching match up was as advertised. Cain worked quickly throwing strikes; Santana struggled at 1st, but leveled off towards the end of the game. The highlight of the game came when Sandoval homered following two consecutive back-off pitches. The feeling at the end of the game for Mets fans was vaguely funereal. What a game to happen to be at.
-
Music Thread
QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 01:57 AM) Yeah, the Red Album was better than Make Believe. It was still plagued by s*** like "thought i knew" and "cold dark world" though. Us Weezer fans have realized the sad truth that they will never come close to Pinkerton or the Blue Album again. Those albums are unbelievable. This is a pretty common thought with any band. the earliest stuff is always the best. I used to be a huge 311 fan, but their new stuff is just unlistenable to me. Music-GrassRoots-311-Transistor is just a really hard thing for them to find again.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 08:23 PM) I have the sound off. What has been so bad about the broadcast? When the second half started, it was like watching directv in the middle of a tornado. off and on, black screen, pixels popping up on half the screen, it was horrible. I didnt get my picture back until two minutes into the 4th quarter. And I know it was Fox because the commercials were absolutely fine. As soon as the live broadcast started, back to crap QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 08:25 PM) His accuracy was good, decision-making not so much. He got rushed and threw one right on the hands of a Buffalo DB that got dropped. I imagine this is something that'll smooth out when he gets more familiar with the offense and the WRs. He was throwing way too much to Hester IMO. His favorite weapon wasnt playing. Once they get Olsen on the field, game over.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
I believe cutler had 3 series. He threw one (really bad) pick, had a couple of nice throws(one in particular to Dez Clark). It wasnt great, it wasnt horrible. WTF is up with Fox. The broadcast has been completely unwatchable since the second half started, this is ridiculous.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Fox sucks. That is all
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:27 PM) He kind of reminds me of Javy Vazquez, some of the best stuff in the league, but anytime he faces pressure he kind of just gives up Bedards problems have all been injury related, not pressure/failure related. If you are looking for a close comparison, I would have to say Prior. Either he cannot pitch through any amount of pain(and chooses not to), or he is just a truly unlucky individual when it comes to injuries. Right now, they just found out he had a torn labrum, which is not good at all
-
Freddy is starting.
QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 07:41 PM) I truly expect Freddy to just bomb.. I just don't see how he has anything left. I HOPE he doesn't and he proves me (and many others wrong), but I'm not counting on it. Go Freddy.. I guess. Oh, you expect the Sox to fail? Go figure
-
One Song, One Setting
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 11:43 AM) This one, in front of a sellout crowd at the United Center. I saw DU in Carbondale at least 5 times. Their shows at the Copper Dragon were legendary(in Carbondale, that is). They always had a fully stocked bar on the stage, they were handing out solo cups full of hennessey to the crowd, very good time. I like the lead singers multiple personalities on stage, it is really fun
-
Large Scale Assassination Advice
You have to find the source and get rid of it. if you have sealed all of their entrances, then there is something in your place that they are feeding off of/breeding in.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 10:05 PM) I feel your pain. And I'd almost take two under 4 as a trade-in for obnoxious 9 and know-it-all 11. I have a combination of the two. A obnoxious know it all 8 year old(9 next month), only child. I grew up with a brother and step brother, this is all totally foreign to me. The "Look at me Look at me!" attitude just does not make sense.
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:37 AM) I'd kill to have Marmol in our pen. 31 other teams would kill for him too. So there are 33 teams in MLB now?
-
Contreras cuz Linebrink sucks
Im not sold, mainly because Contreras has shown complete inability to recover from any sort of error on the field and in the later innings he would have to pitch over mistakes in order to keep the Sox in the game. And I am not saying Linebrink is any better, because he has not been good at all.
-
SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.
QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:04 AM) Wise's days are numbered. Although Lillibridge might get optioned down again when we need a 5th starter soon. It depends what they do with Contreras. if they remove him from the rotation, I dont know that they would stick him in the bullpen, they may release him outright a la Bill Hall
-
SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.
QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:00 AM) its hard when u have never been an announcer before Huff has filled in for the Sox multiple times before in the booth. Im pretty sure when Hawk had his eye surgery Huff filled in for him(then Hawk became Pirate Hawk)
-
SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.
looks like I spoke too soon, chw42, looks like you were right
-
SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.
QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:25 PM) What's Ozzie doing? Matt Thornton in the 7th? That probably means Linebrink or Dotel might pitch. Ugh... Naw, I bet Ozzie lets Thornton go through the 8th
-
SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.
Im pretty sure if the Sox lose this game, it will be the worst Sox loss in the history of 8/14/2009.
-
SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.
Well jose. It was nice for a little while. Now, it is time to go.
-
SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.
Is everyone hearing the same carnival music playing that I am?
-
SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.
QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:05 PM) Personally, I have seen enough of Alexei at SS.... Not this year you havent. Much much more to come
-
SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.
Stone has a couple of roadtrips a year that he takes off, usually when they go to the west coast. His replacement today is ex Sox OF Mike Huff
- Ehi everbody Sox Fans!!!
-
SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.
lineup posted yet?
-
chris young teh unbelievable suckfest
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 05:39 PM) Who is that? Brando/Requiem/Fedor etc al.
-
Michael Vick Talk
I dont see the deer hunting connection either. A hunter doesnt want to make the animal suffer for long periods of time, they intend to drop a deer immediately, they try and hit the deer in the heart to put it down immediately. A dog fight is about watching two animals tear themselves apart so you can make money. And most of the time both dogs are alive at the end of the fights, and then they get to be killed by whatever method mentioned in Vicks case. A hunter takes down a deer also to control population, since there are not many natural predators of deer that can effectively control a population, especially in areas like suburban Chicagoland. If you disagree with hunting on principle, then what I am saying wont make any sense and you will disagree with it anyways. If you are an active hunter or at least respect the sport of hunting deer, then you might agree with this. And to clarify my position Nite, I also believe Vick has paid his debt to society and career, and this following him 6 games into the season is pretty ridiculous. However, the guy did far more than just kill dogs, which was my earlier point. He had quite the sleazy operation going on, and the people he hung out with were not quality people to have in his life. edit: Plus I feel that him lying to Goodell is the reason that he is getting this extra kick in the ribs.