Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
chris young teh unbelievable suckfest
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 04:34 PM) Dude, you've been getting banned since I registered here back in 2004. Don't you think that maybe it's time to get a new IP address or something? He has done a lot of (idiotic) IP managing to get in and make his 10 posts before he gets banned.
-
Michael Vick Talk
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 03:21 PM) If your mother gives you money, and you use the money to finance drugs so you can re-sell them and you get caught for dealing drugs, is your mom as guilty as you for operating a drug ring if she didn't know about it? And don't say it's unrealistic because it is very realistic. I've seen it happen with my own eyes for a lot of friends. If your buddies fight dogs, and you give them money to fight dogs, and provide dogs to them to fight other dogs, are you guilty for financing a dog fighting ring? Well, Michael Vick was. I saw it happen right in front of my eyes. Why do you keep speaking on Vicks behalf like you know who he is and what happened here? You think he didnt know his buddies were dealing dope out of his own house? The same guy who failed a drug test before going to prison didnt know that the tons of cash he was giving these morons wasnt going to drugs? Whatever nite
-
Michael Vick Talk
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 03:06 PM) If they had a drug ring, they had a drug ring. Don't say it was Vick's fault. He had too much money to care about drug dealing. The dog fighting had to do moreso with sport and finding something for him to do. So it doesnt matter that he was paying them money and they were financing a drug ring out of his house that he also was running a dog fighting ring out of? He was the kingpin of this operation. Sorry
-
White Sox Should Make a Run at Billy Wagner
QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 03:08 PM) Jenks has given up a grand total of two hits, one walk, and zero runs in his last four appearances. Funny how he's suddenly pitching better without kidney stone pain. That said, I'm all for Wagner at that price. A bullpen of Thornton, Wagner, and Jenks would be VERY formidable. I like Jenks. all I am saying is that Wagner gives the sox a very nice security blanket for setup AND closer
-
White Sox Should Make a Run at Billy Wagner
QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 02:50 PM) Baez, righty with 1.20 WHIP...i'd be interested. Shouldve been more interested in him than Tony P Baez has been a mess since he has been with the Orioles, plus he just came off major arm surgery. Pena, on the other hand, has been one of the better relievers for the past 3 years in terms of holds. I dont want Baez, that guy is prone to giving up the longball
-
Michael Vick Talk
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 02:02 PM) I think Vick's treatment is some what hypocritical. First of all, im not sure where this "drug" ring idea is coming from. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3148549 I see no mention of vick and drug ring, and I really doubt that the federal govt would not even charge him with those crimes. But Im not an expert on the subject, so I would be interested to see where its coming from. Secondly in regards to vick "ruthlessly killing animals", should Mark Buehrle be suspended from baseball for "ruthlessly killing" deers and other animals when he hunts? Its hypocritical to value some animals more than other animals, so if we are really outraged by the barbaric acts of killing animals, we should be outraged equally by all those who hunt and kill animals. Why do they hunt? For sport and entertainment purposes. Why did vick have dogs fight? For sport and entertainment purposes. I dont think what vick did is right, but I certainly do not think that killing an animal (regardless of how heinous) could ever rise to the level of killing a human. And for everyone who is saying "Oh Stallworth made a mistake, weve all driven drunk" maybe thats true. but if vick said that "oh everyone I know dog fights, it was just a mistake" would it really matter? The answer is no. Stallworth has millions of dollars and access to a program called safe ride where a NFL player can get a ride at any time. He killed a man because he just didnt care about following the law. The drug ring was the buddies that were busted. Taylor and all of those guys. And all of them were existing on Vicks dime
-
State your unpopular opinions
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 02:00 PM) So... in the face of all the huge number of scientists, NASA, and everyone else saying that it happened... your evidence against it is an uncited source on an obsessed guy's website about a supposed NASA astrophysicist? It doesn't bother you that there is no name, no citation, no quote, not anything like that? This thread is about unpopular opinions, no?
-
White Sox Should Make a Run at Billy Wagner
QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 01:49 PM) what do you think the mets would want in return? Omar Minaya likes old expensive players. Maybe he will like Jose
-
Michael Vick Talk
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 01:47 PM) I understand that. His jail sentence was enough punishment. The fact that he has to sit out the first six games of this season is what I think is overkill. Isn't two full seasons enough? I agree that what has happened to him has been some overkill. But i dont like the "It was just a dog" excuse. It wasnt just a dog, it was much more than that. The dogs are the sympathetic figures that blew Vick's case out of the water. He still broke a LOT of laws and straight up lied to a lot of people that could have helped him right now.
-
White Sox Should Make a Run at Billy Wagner
he would be quite a get, it would make Thorntons job much more consistent as well, especially with Jenks' recent injury problems
-
Freddy Garcia
Contreras is going to be looking over his shoulder all night. He officially has no more room for error
-
Cub Fan Incident with Beer
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:29 AM) I love how every Cub fan has to bring up the Ligues as a defense to their fan's horrific behavior, conveinently leaving out that the Ligues are both Cubs fans who spent the daytime before the sox game getting wasted in the wrigley bleachers. I thought that was the Eric Dybas guy
-
Michael Vick Talk
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:25 AM) I'll say it again. I'll support Vick this season. Still one of my favorite players. I have a dog as well, but I really do believe that his punishment was way too severe. People kill animals every day in this country. And I will reiterate, his punishment was not only because he killed dogs. It was also because he financed a drug ring, lied to a grand jury, lied to his immediate boss(the falcons) and to the commissioner.
-
Michael Vick Talk
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:18 AM) Wait did Ray Lewis kill someone or just try to cover it up? depends on who you ask. He was there, and 3 other guys took the fall. Thats pretty much all we know
-
Cub Fan Incident with Beer
QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 07:57 AM) I think the worst thing I can remember seeing is Pittsburgh fans throwing alkaline batteries at Dave Parker (who was a Pirate at the time) because he wasn't playing well enough in their opinion. No one has thrown batteries at Soriano yet, so Pittsburgh still holds the all-time douche title. White Sox fans threw a bunch of coins at Reggie Jackson once - he picked them up and thanked the fans for the tip, IIRC. Didnt Philly fans do that to JD Drew too?
-
Michael Vick Talk
The way I look at it is this, Vick owned, operated, and financed a crime operation that included dog fighting and drug dealing, as well as some guns here and there. He also lied to a grand jury(as well as Goodell and the owner of the Falcons) and was busted on that as well. What he did was completely pre-meditated, and the animal cruelty aspect was just one part of what was wrong with what he did. Stallworth killed a man, there is no getting around that. However, it was an accident, he did not intend to kill that man when he was driving around that morning. He was completely stupid and ignorant, but he wasnt trying to kill a man. The situations arent comparable enough to me where I can look at it as "Why did Vick get this treatment, and Stallworth get a completely different treatment?" . It just isnt there for me.
-
White Sox Haiku Thread
QUOTE (joeynach @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 04:32 AM) booo booing is not cool help a thread along it does not, so please refrain
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Stocking @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 04:01 AM) I mentioned earlier, but i cant decide if I like criss angel or not I dont know what there is to like. All I see is an egotistical illusionist who thinks he is tricking everyone into believing he is a magician.
-
Vick signs with the Eagles
The Ultra Wildcat. Vick, McNabb, and Westbrook in the same backfield
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 05:54 PM) Looks like the guy turned himself in. http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/08...himself-in.html How much dirt on this kid comes up in the next 6 months?
-
Is 2009 really a wash?
QUOTE (Wise Master Buehrle @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 05:29 PM) You are correct I was thinking I was onto something with this "Wise Master Buehrle" With all the stories about how he's like a mentor to John Danks and Clayton Richard, along with Wise making that historic catch and people essentially treating Buehrle like a master, I thought it was funny. Picture Richard and Danks bowing down saying "ohhh thank you wise master Buehrle for the information and knowledge you have taught us" Someone with better photoshop skills than me needs to make you a sig or avatar with Buehrles face on a movie ancient master's body. Maybe the master in Kung Fu Panda or something, lol
-
Is 2009 really a wash?
QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 05:18 PM) Good post. One amendment though: You said we're gonna lose games, lots of them and win games lots of them. I say: We're gonna win as many games as we lose. .500 baby. Soooooo, To you, the season really is lost.
-
Is 2009 really a wash?
I like to remember the 06 Cardinals by recalling the complete ass whoopin the Sox put on them early in the year
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 02:42 PM) If an incident like this occurred at Toyota Park, a security guard with access to a radio would work with security cameras to identify the person responsible. Even if they didn't have the information available immediately, they'd stick around and wait. In this instance, everyone knew it came from a small area. I would have thought it'd be more important to identify the correct person than try to remove them immediately. Even if it meant standing around for five minutes (because it doesn't appear he has a headset on). Unfortunately, these Cub fans (and Chicago Fire fans are the same) aren't going to rat on each other. Everyone saw him do it, yet, no one willfully confessed. I bet if the picture NSS posted made the papers, he'd be found. In this day and time, that goof had to have told friends and family he has going to the game. I'll bet he has long since shaved the facial hair, too. Go to the trib and suntimes front pages. That guys face is all over the net It wont be long
-
2009 Cubs thread
Wow, the kid that threw the beer(supposedly) pinned it on the other guy. Another level of class that us lowly Sox fans cannot hope to ascend to