Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
Yea I’m not sure how it affects the owners profit margins. They still get 8 home, 8 away games no matter how it’s scheduled. Scheduling so teams get a bye leading into TNF would be good for teams overall health you would think. And their health impacts the pocketbook more than anything
-
**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**
Ron, why do you even watch wrestling? You don’t like it very much
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 07:01 PM) (face starts an involuntary tic) Do not mention he who must not be named!! IM SORRY!
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 04:17 PM) The first game they were extremely run heavy in the first 3 quarters until they got into catch up mode. They were blown out quickly in game 2 so the play calling won't tell you much. No, they actually didn’t go to the run until midway through the second quarter. After 3 quarters they were 19 run 19 pass and then aired it out in the 4th quarter. And in the second game they abandoned the run game immediately and went to the air which led to the interceptions. In both of those games they tried to throw before they tried to run, by design. Only when they figured out that Glennon can’t throw that they went heavy run game. This is who Loggains is. Last year he did the same s*** with Barkley, he likes to have a heavy passing game QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 04:39 PM) Very true. i've blocked that one from my memory. It goes into the bin with the b2b 50 point losses in the Trestman era. The bin is labeled “Do not speak of these games”
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 03:46 PM) This is the point I disagree with. I think it's more the coaches calling the plays and not calling plays for the WRs. Even when they do, Glennon has learned and Trubiskey will too that it is futile to throw to them and the RBs and TEs are the only viable targets. I really don't care if they replace Glennon, if they think Trubiskey is ready, in fact i still think the change happens after the game this week. However, I also don't expect to see much difference in the play calling. The playcalling for the first two games was 70 percent passes, so not sure which playcalling is right
-
The Korea Situation; It's Very Serious
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 03:15 PM) https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-not-strike...-141747325.html Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov: For being really close to NK and the potential fall out, Russia seems to be completely unconcerned. THis is also something that will piss off Trump, with NK poking and prodding and insulting, and Russia basically saying “you won’t do anything”
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 02:43 PM) My point is why do you think this will change with a different QB? The offensive coordinator knows the WR suck and his RBs and TEs are atleast decent. Who would you call plays for regardless of QB? It's fine to change QBs but the choice of QB won't change the game plan. Because the Qb will be able to get them the ball, whereas this Qb is afraid to throw to anyone. You are right, the TEs are decent, and Glennon didn’t throw it to them either. Just dump offs to the RB There is zero reason for Glennon to be in there if he cannot throw the ball 10 yards
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 01:25 PM) Doesn't mean this group will catch the passes. Also doesn’t mean you start the lesser Qb. You are arguing that the WRs might not catch a ball, when the QB only threw at actual WRs 4 times yesterday with one completion. It might’ve been nice to see a guy try and throw farther than 5 yards
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
Jim Miller with another embarrassing defense of Glennon
-
2017-18 official NBA discussion thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 09:56 AM) The 2017 one hasn't exactly set the world on fire either. No, just all of the bridges
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 25, 2017 -> 07:22 AM) Do you really think the offense will be any different with Trubiskey with the current set of WRs? I wouldn't throw to any of them either. All-22 Game film shows that they are getting open and Glennon isn’t seeing them. A lot He locks on to his pre snap read and doesn’t go through his progressions
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
I don’t know if it is directly correlated but this O Line opened some gaping holes with Kyle Long back in it
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 03:25 PM) Won despite our QB.imagine if we had a formidable one playing... A merely mediocre QB would be better, a formidable one would be game changing
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
What a nice W on the O line and RBs and made Glennon look terrible
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
Can’t wait for an ultra conservative offense to doom them in overtime Glennon setting pass records we haven’t seen the likes of since Jonathan Quinn
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 01:44 PM) Man cutler is having a jay day huh Losing to his buddy no less(and old RB)
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 01:40 PM) Anyone ever get cut at halftime? I believe Jimmy Johnson did that once
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
Cooper needs to be benched after that fumble after the blocked kick
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
Encouraging a boycott of the NFL. Nice
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 23, 2017 -> 08:28 AM) If athletes are supposed to "stick to sports", do the same people now think POTUS should "stick to politics"? I wish the POTUS would have stuck to low rent reality tv
-
Sox v KC
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 08:54 PM) The hands after the swing are incredibly similar Exactly. Robbie just has a slightly higher uppercut
-
Sox v KC
QUOTE (Scoots @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 08:50 PM) I love that comparison It’s his idol. I love it that his hero is Cano, if we get something close to that mans production we are looking at a spectacular career
-
Sox v KC
When Yoan does something like that homerun, I’m like “Yep, that is Robinson Cano”
-
Police keep killing black people
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 01:07 PM) I'm talking about sports. How many athletes have protested? I think my position is held by many athletes here. How many have been protesting during the anthem? I'm not worked up negatively about any athlete who disrespects the anthem. It's his/her right of course. I'm saying it's not the best tactic for a player in a team sport. If it was a positive tactic more would be doing it. Cmon. 8 of every 10 people I meet despise Trump and what he stands for. And most despise the police and their unnecessary horrific killings of innocent people they stopped. But this is sports. How much do you hear cliche wise from coaches and players about the team? It's not smart for one guy to take all the attention by protesting like that. OMG. Hide by King? I've done college and high school papers on him. He is one of my heroes. I need to shut up because Dr. King was a peaceful man, a Nobel Prize winner whom I respect no matter what you say that I hide behind him. Yes sir he did not! That's what I'm talking about today: looting, violence, breaking windows, disrupting traffic where people will die if they can't get to the hospital. Dr. King wanted NONE of that folks. Kudos to the Nobel voters for recognizing his efforts toward peace. It's not too much to demand a protest to be legal. Legal protests are effective as I indicated in that article I posted. Not one or two but 8 examples of King's legal protests. I'll stop now. If you think I am scum I can't do anything to change your opinion. I'm done discussing St. Louis and won't comment again until the next unfortunate incident and resulting protests. Maybe there won't be any more. We can hope the cops start behaving the right way in ALL instances. All I want is peace for all no matter if u believe it or not.
-
2017-18 official NBA discussion thread
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 12:54 PM) That same DPOY got worked by Nene in the playoffs. He wasn't even close to the best defensive player in the NBA that season. He'll always have the award though. He did, but iirc his knee was already wrecked at that point