Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
June 6th Game Thread: White Sox @Tampa Bay Rays
There is zapruder film of that ball somewhere
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 09:43 AM) https://www.c-span.org/video/?429535-1/comm...happen&live Yay, another DeVos hearing!!! I am reading the transcript because I'm at work and omg our children are doomed They are telling her that the math doesn't work and she is saying it is based in reality not math ?
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
Katie McHugh didn't take getting fired from Breitbart very well
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 05:04 PM) Still not buying it. The agencies we entrust to keep our secrets safe can't do so because of politics. We're SUPPORTING the release of that information because it proves something else we don't like. How's that not undermining our democracy? edit: it's one thing to leak classified information to prove potential criminal activity and/or to make public an issue of a high ranking official lying. It's another to leak a report during the midst of an investigation to prove what? Other than clicks? I understand what you are saying and I appreciate your point, but it also seems as if we have a good portion of congress that is, for lack of a better explanation, covering up and deflecting an investigation into Trumps connections to Russia. I don't like the leaks but at the same time I don't like that congress refuses to look at Trumps tax returns and now his numerous connections to some super shady Russian players. There is no good answer, hopefully this will result in measures being taken to prevent it in the future
-
2017 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 03:53 PM) Are most people using strategy guide for Breath of Wild? I have been going no strategy guide/no looking up, and I keep wasting time fighting things that are way above my level. The only reason I know is that one time I looked up the fight after I beat it and the weapons they were suggesting were like 10-15 higher than what I had lol. I use it. I went as far as I could without it and finally started using it. I was running into the same issue as you
-
Renteria is a horrible in-game manager
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 11:24 AM) On 4/11, which was the first game after an off-day, we had used Jennings, Putnam, and Jones (for one inning, he was the pitcher right before Robertson in the 9th). I believe that means we had Swarzak, Kahnle, and Ynoa. On 5/16, which was the bottom of the 10th in a tie game, we had used Infante, Beck, Jennings, and Kahnle (for one inning, he pitched right before Robertson). That leaves Swarzak, Ynoa, and Holmberg. What was the unused pitchers workload the entire week before? One day off doesn't mean a guy is good to go, these guys aren't robots
-
Renteria is a horrible in-game manager
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 10:45 AM) Bunting obviously is going by the boards. The specific problem I had with Engel bunting, other than bunting, was having him bunt with 2 strikes even after seeing he wasn't close to getting one down the first 2 attempts. If it didn't hit you another attempt wasn't going to work unless you were very lucky, I just wonder what he was looking at. Like I posted a week or so ago, it all may be moot. The goal is to not have 4 or 5 guys in the line up whose biggest weapon in these situations is a bunt. In a few years, maybe they get there. I'm not gonna say that situation was the right call, I didn't like it when it happened and don't like it now. I just don't see a reason for a thread like this, three months into his first season as manager, nor do I see a reason for "this is why the Cubs got rid of him" in game threads everytime he does something you don't like. It's ridiculous. He would most likely still be managing the Cubs if Maddon didn't become available.
-
Renteria is a horrible in-game manager
maybe the guy is just trying to see what his players can and cannot do while he is in a year where they are clearly not expected to compete. Which is pretty much exactly the same situation he was in while manager of the Cubs. This is a mulligan year, finding out if Adam Engel can lay down a squeeze or sac bunt seems like something a manager should know.
-
Bill Maher does something very stupid
QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 08:34 PM) You guys with closed minds are something else. I like to listen to all points of view. So Maher is OK and Rush isn't? Pot meet kettle. Tell me where I said Maher was ok saying what he said I'll wait And while you are looking, let me know the last time Rush apologized for anything he said.
-
Bill Maher does something very stupid
QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 11:19 PM) I guess you don't believe me and think I'm a liar when I described my Rush listening habits consisted of occasionally listening to a 3 minute segment prior to one of his liar commercials in which he pretends to use the product. To summize: When driving (I don't listen to radio on internet ever), I switch from 610 radio to 810 radio sports talk to classic vinyl on sirius over to 980 radio and rush. If Rush is not in a commercial I'll listen for a segment, change when it hits a commercial and maybe get one more segment. If it's really good stuff, I may delay going in the lunch meeting place for one more 3 minute segment. I enjoy his defense of Trump and rips of the media and can't believe these radio hosts pretend to use these products during the fake commercials. Maybe if you don't want to be associated with Rush, you should stop parroting what he says and acting like he is a good source for factual information(lots of people listen, folks!)
-
2016-2017 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 03:03 PM) Bosh declared to have a career ending injury and is waived by the Heat. For all those Bosh to Bulls rumors, I read finding a doctor to clear him would be a huge problem. The NBA conducted the medical review and the NBAs doctor concluded he was done. At this point I don't think there is a second opinion. It's not like the Bulls with Eddy Curry where the Bulls doctors weren't cool with it, this is above them
-
DC Films
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 07:04 PM) Fine, it just wasn't a very good film...it's one of those that you can instantly forget (except for Michael Rooker) and not the kind of film you watch every year on cable t.v., let's say, like Gladiator or Bull Durham/Major League. Better than Suicide Squad and Superman vs. Batman, sure. I'd watch Ant-Man and Doctor Strange again over it as well. Something just didn't feel earned...maybe it was Kurt Russell's character. Maybe the soundtrack was just off compared to the first film. It's hard to pinpoint. When you watch Wonder Woman, the higher plane that movie is on just can't be compared. Maybe because it's so refreshing to see a female driven story, and because Cat Woman and Elektra were huge fiascos. It's just the perfect movie for this moment in history. Like I said, this was your opinion on the movie.
- DC Films
-
Kathy Griffin Does Something Very Stupid
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 01:33 PM) Advil kills more americans than ISIS, so yes. Rock, with all the bullets you dodge daily living in and working in Chicago, we are fortunate you are still with us. Now you have to worry about being beheaded too
-
Kathy Griffin Does Something Very Stupid
I have zero sympathy for either party. Kathy made her bed, now she has to lie in it. she should have known what kind of reaction this would generate. Tough s***
-
2017 Catch All thread
I have had the song Cinnamon Girl stuck in my head for three days and I have no idea why.
-
DC Films
GotG2 is sitting at 81% and has already made more than the first movie in one month. Not exactly a tepid reaction as much as your personal feeling Im excited to see WW. It looks good and i am glad it is getting the great reviews, DC needs it
-
The environment thread
Caulfield, pull your s*** together this has nothing to do with uber, or isis, or greg
-
Todd Frazier, at what point?
QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jun 1, 2017 -> 10:20 AM) Frazier had some sort of health issue that weakened him earlier in the year.. He lost a ton of weight because of it and has not looked the same. He hurt his thumb, then he got the flu. He is fine
-
2017 Cubs Catch-all thread
I dont think they really assessed Dexter Fowlers true value correctly, which is really surprising to me. Both his defense and top of the order offense were exactly what this team is missing right now. Thinking Schwarber could just step in and lead off and provide the same offensive production was incredibly arrogant
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
Trump is gonna stay in the Paris agreement and everyone is gonna be like "THIS is when he became President."
-
Red Sox vs. White Sox
QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 31, 2017 -> 07:59 PM) reeeeeplaaaay kiilllled the neighhhhhbooorhood plaaaay ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Video killed the radio star
-
Red Sox vs. White Sox
QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 31, 2017 -> 07:52 PM) what happened to the neighborhood play? Replay
-
2017 Offseason White Sox News, Notes, and Tweets thread
https://twitter.com/scotgregor/status/870032225844293633 @scotgregor Sounds like there is some #WhiteSox news coming in 15-20 minutes. Stay tuned
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
QUOTE (raBBit @ May 31, 2017 -> 01:48 PM) Thanks. I was just hearing about the tests on that stuff. Pretty crazy you could know your unborn child is going to have one of those conditions. It's an extremely stressful test. It takes three days for results to come back and it's all my wife thought about. And the worst part is there are a lot of false positives. We had a false positive test with my youngest and my wife called me bawling her eyes out. We had to go to a special Doctor for a different ultrasound