Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 09:12 AM) I don't think it was about disagreeing with his politics, I think it was just him being so outspoken was becoming a "distraction" in their eyes. He plays one of the least important positions. He was getting older, his salary was increasing, which made him much easier to replace for football reasons. As he challenged politicans and spoke to every media outlet and was loud on social media, I think the team just said, enough, you are a punter, stop bringing all this extra attention to the team. We will bring someone in at half the salary and at least 90% of the production and they will be much quieter. And all of this is fine, this sort of thing happens, players get cut for being distractions and declining skills. The Priefer stuff is what is wrong and unnacceptable, though.
  2. QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 07:55 AM) I still like my prediction . Optimistic about when the weather heats up tempered with the length of the season compared to the Cuban league. still like it?
  3. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 08:16 AM) yes, but when you take into account the number of games played, the age of the player, and the trend lines. Which would you like more, a guy who plays 25 minutes for 50 games and is very effective or a guy who is a solid player who gives you 35/80? There is a lot more to his PT than just injuries. D'Antonio refused to play him correctly and tried to make him into a midrange shooter, and sat him a lot due to him not fitting into the system. I think Pau has plenty left in the tank. He isnt the same Pau that won championships with the Lakers, but he hasnt had that far of a drop off.
  4. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0
  5. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 07:46 AM) If everything went right with one of those guys then I'd prefer them to Love. But...the reason why Love stands out is that as of recent years, things have gone wrong with those guys that haven't gone wrong for Love. Fair statement? Well, to be fair, 4th quarters and playoffs have not gone right for Love. Love is an odd case, he is tremendously talented of course, but he hasnt shown that he can raise the level of play around him. There was a lot of talk of stat padding this offseason. But it is hard to tell because of the team around him. I want to see him on a playoff chasing team. Just, not Cleveland.
  6. I like knowing it is the Hornets as opposed to Bobcats. The Bobcats looked and sounded like a college team
  7. Lol. More like you spent a lot of time copying and pasting. Jeez
  8. Bulls have offered Bairstow a contract http://www.sportando.com/m/en/usa/nba/1275...n-bairstow.html
  9. QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 10:28 PM) Oh relax. It's a f***ing ASG. Not the World Series It decides home field advantage FOR the World Series. Kind of a big deal
  10. Are we really all surprised that this game was rigged for Jeter? Lol
  11. Boozer officially amnestied per Sam Smith
  12. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 09:20 AM) Fixed. appropriately
  13. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 02:02 PM) Cleveland will surely budge on Wiggins. There's just no reason to do so right now. Might as well play chicken. I kind of hope they do. I think Lebron paired with Wiggins for a long time is a lot scarier than Love. Love will give that instant boost, but Wiggins will be better in the long run
  14. QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 03:21 PM) They kind of are. 3.77 K/9? Yikes. He was always more of a groundball pitcher than a K pitcher
  15. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 11:58 AM) Sounds like he's fine. Just good selling on his part. He fooled me a few months ago on a similar move, but I dont remember the refs throwing up the X on it, just that he acted the part. The ref X is worrisome, because that is something the wrestler usually confirms to the ref
  16. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 11:57 AM) Well that changes things, but why go that cheap on the #1 overall pick? He still agreed to sign way below slot. There is a piece to this whole puzzle that is missing.
  17. http://deadspin.com/the-astros-are-trying-...heir-1605258309
  18. QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 08:48 AM) I'm assuming that Fox is overreacting to the criticism/humor made of her hair in the playoffs last season. I think more along the lines of having to justify the money they have paid her, and Pam Olivers contract is up after this year.
  19. QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 10:49 AM) His workload actually wasn't that high and he was supposedly taken care of and not really handled poorly. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2121883...ers-huge-upside You just never know. High School workloads arent nearly as verifiable as we would like.
  20. Thibs defense is designed for help, it is a unit defense. As long as Mirotic follows his responsibilities he will be fine. You know he wont be requiring as much help as Boozer and Augustin did.
  21. so wait, large high school pitching workloads are bad?
  22. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 09:22 AM) Omer was also a great defender, I don't think Mirotic is going to be clogging the lane like Asik was able to. It will be very interesting to see the type of minutes that Dougie and Mirotic get this season. I am certainly not saying Mirotic will be the defender that Asik is, merely that his ability to adapt to the NBA game will be a lot faster than a normal rookie. Basically I dont see Thibs burying him on the bench like he had with Butler and Teague. Although Teague was more because of an inability to be any good
  23. QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 09:46 PM) As happy as I am that Abreu chose to not take part in the Home Run Derby, it would have been awesome to watch him hit some bombs. I think he would have killed it.
  24. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 09:10 AM) If the question is "why will this be a hard season for Thibs's D", I can give a couple reasons. Deng not being there for one, having a bunch of newcomers for another. If Thibs deserves the confidence I've got in him then I think he'll deal with that, and could potentially even round some of those guys into solid contributors on D as well...but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking of guys like Snell and Butler who didn't contribute much in their first year and wondering whether Mirotic and McDermott will wind up in that kind of setup because they're not fitting into his defense rapidly enough. The team got a lot better after Deng left last season. It may be coincidental, but after he was traded they made their little run that got them into the middle seed. Everything else here is just looking for problems that arent there. Snell contributed a lot more than Butler did in his first season. And I dont see Mirotic as a regular rookie, i see him in the Asik mold. Thibs got Asik in his regular rotation rather quickly because Omer was used to the grind of a professional season.
  25. Noah also doesnt have to bear the burden of the front court load this season. For once there is a legitimate frontcourt depth on the bulls. Has Nazr been resigned? I mean, we are looking at Noah, Mirotic, Pau, and Taj, and possibly Bairstow if Thibs trusts him. Noahs minutes could be managed effectively

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.