Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 02:15 PM) I didn't know he had a back injury, but you are spot on with your assessment. I hurt my back several years ago and had a doctor tell me whatever I did, don't let anyone cut my back unless it was the last remaining option. Too many things can go wrong. So if it's a major issue, you are pretty much screwed either way. He already had an epidural this season. That is usually only a temporary solution to a back issue.
  2. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 03:22 PM) WWE may have canceled plans for a follow-up match between Rusev and Jack Swagger. The plan was the two to fight each other at several PPVs but the rivalry isn't expected to continue. It's unknown if the controversy over what Lana said at Battleground played a role in the decision, but it's possible. Credit: The Wrestling Observer via Rajah LOL. Yea, it is unknown. Of course they just up and cancelled a "USA vs Russia" feud because they werent feeling it
  3. @MDGonzales: Boni activated, Barney DFA
  4. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 12:26 PM) He picked quite the time to start sucking, probably cost the Padres more talent. back injuries are a b****
  5. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 11:59 AM) If it helps satisfy the craving, Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis are going to battle for the Bills #2 QB job. Bon Jovi must be excited
  6. When Paul Heyman and Brock shook Triple H's hand, i got a weird feeling that Brock/Heyman were "corporate" in this storyline
  7. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 10:59 AM) not seeing this anywhere. Lol, even in the quote he posted they admitted that the station hasnt posted anything SAUCES!!
  8. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:00 AM) Is that one also going to pass out with food in his/her hand? lol, those pics are awesome. I bet TRU's wife has some pics of TRU doing the same thing
  9. QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 06:36 PM) If Sergio had spent the season in Charlotte, I don't think his record would be as good as Thompson's. Of that, I am 99.9999% certain. By the way, who mgave that contract to Sergio, Kenny or Toronto? you are not authorized to make these predictions with percentages on totally mythological situations that make no sense
  10. Kyyle23 replied to LDF's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:13 AM) Boras has always been a very good agent who always gets the very most for his clients and absolutely refuses to break the rules. He's an incredible agent who is not friendly to the hometown team. As a young boy, I hated Boras. As I've grown older, I've come to respect what Boras does for his clients, and in the past few years, I've really grown to admire him. [in the next few, I will actually begin to morph into Scott Boras, and he and I will run the company "Boras Brothers in Space," where we actually make pizza in space and deliver it internationally. Delivery times are expected to take 1-8 hours, depending upon the position of the earth] Pizza's delivered with 99.999% accuracy
  11. When I was in HS we had an Alaskan Malamute, and one night she got blasted in the face by a skunk. She inhaled as she got sprayed and she smelled like she was exhaling skunk smell for the next six months. Poor dog, I felt so bad for her. Malamutes coats are very thick and it took many baths before that stuff came out
  12. Kyyle23 replied to LDF's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 10:40 PM) good points by all, if I may, I like to add another snippet. Arod, Alex F, Bobby S all had a verbal agreement with the sox by Scott B, Scott B then went to another team and told them to either beat it or they will sign with the sox. well to hell with the verbal commitment they signed with the other team. same thing, a mutual agreement didn't mean anything to Scott B. No, it is not the same thing. The White Sox and ARod, Fernandez, and Seay did not have a mutually agreed upon contract. Boras was trying to find the best deal for his free agents(ARod and Fernandez), and the White Sox and Seay did not agree upon a contract before the deadline after he was drafted and he became a free agent. I know you don't like Boras, but the above statement is painted with a very broad brush and is not correct
  13. TAKE ALL OF THE LEFTIES
  14. Kyyle23 replied to LDF's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 04:11 PM) Alex Fernandez with the sox in 96, marlins 97 and injury 98.... ok, it seem as everyone is focusing on the hou attempt of trickery. lets use a different player and a different org. the org used only used 90% of the allotted signing bonus and was playing hardball. the player didn't sign and went back to school. would the team been blasted or would you blast the team? Not agreeing on a contract is not the same thing as what happened here. The team had a mutual agreement with the player of a contract around 6.5 million. The Astros are changing the terms of the contract because of a perceived chance of injury to a non injured ligament.
  15. Kyyle23 replied to LDF's topic in The Diamond Club
    Didnt Fernandez blow out his arm shortly after he left the Sox? Seems like Scott B was a blessing in disguise there. And Bobby Seay certainly didnt merit all of the craziness in his career as a reliever
  16. i like tangibles, intangibles, tangerines, and TWTW
  17. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 02:58 PM) Who are these players you speak of? You may be right, there might be someone i'm not thinking of, but for now, to get over the hurdle of "veteran of the system/franchise + good defender+capable ball-handler," I need some names. I think we have established that to bmags they are all named "Not Hinrich"
  18. QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 01:29 PM) okay. But the team scored 68 points in a playoff game, when this team needs offense, are you going to throw Kirk at the 2? That's exciting to everyone? I'd rather have tried the BAE on Shawn Marion than kirk if we wanted defensive re-enforcement. I'd have no problem had Kirk decided to pay the org a true discount and signed for vet min I'd be all for it. But to sign him at 2 million per because he is better at defense than 2 offensive guards, meh. you are acting like Hinrich was the only addition, and is going to be the starter going forward forever. He is a backup. If he ends up being the starter, then the Bulls are certainly in trouble(for reasons other than him starting), but he was not brought in to be the starter.
  19. QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 12:08 PM) I didn't even catch it at first. Am I insensitive if I said I don't see the big deal? Not like they're bragging about it I think the attention that is drawn to it will be the determining factor. If there is a huge outcry, they will be dropped like a bad habit. The deadspin article is not a good start
  20. I didnt watch the PPV, but to those wondering if Rusev and Lana are about to get "Hassan"-ed, this shows a very good possibility http://deadspin.com/wwes-russian-character...airl-1608239659
  21. QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 10:49 AM) But what are they supposed to do? They are going to come out about as well as anyone. And for as much as we think Denver is in NBA Hell, they are collecting good assets while being a potential playoff team. They may be able to pull of a great trade in the future, but for a franchise like that, making the playoffs is good news. They aren't like the Bucks of 07-12. Denver has been just like the Bulls in the western conference. Good enough in the season to get b**** slapped in the playoffs by better teams with superstars. There are so many things Minnesota should have done prior to this point, but that is just kickign a dead horse. If they can get Wiggins, thats great, I stated before that I think Cleveland should hold on to Wiggins over trading for Love. I just think that stating that Minnesota is on track to get the greatest haul since Denver isnt exactly a glowing endoresement for trading a superstar.
  22. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 10:32 AM) Trading stars in the NBA for a package of non star players rarely works out for the team giving up the star, going back to the Bucks trading Kareem. I kept it recent, but outside of getting Wiggins, this is probably not going to work out well for Minnesota. And even if they get Wiggins, he will probably just bide his time until it is his turn to force a trade, and the cycle begins anew
  23. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 10:15 AM) I can't remember a team ever getting a #1 pick back in one of those trades. Still hasnt happened. Bottom line is these kind of "rigged for star power" trades keep teams like Denver and Minnesota in NBA hell
  24. QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 10:09 AM) Minnesota is on pace to get one of the best hauls for a star player leaving since Denver. Which really didnt do much for either party. And going back to Minnesotas haul for Garnett and all the way through Orlandos haul for Howard, trading for a star player really kind of sucks for the star trading team.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.