Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 10:50 PM) Gasoline? 24 saves and five blown saves in this day and age? I'll take it. Especially being in Chicago he was very comfortable and in my opinion would have had another fine season. He's a fine relief pitcher. Geez. Hahn blew it big time having no bullpen, absolutely no bullpen. I simply disagree that Nate would have done the job. Not with his control and his bizarre delivery. I don't like him as a prospect at all. It cost the Sox a shot at the wild card that is for sure. Lol. Ok greg
  2. QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 08:19 PM) He is based on his religious beliefs. However, I don't disagree with him that a rookie player coming in with his own camera crew and Oprah doing a "reality" TV show would be a major distractron for a team. From a head coach perspective, I don't think a borderline NFL talent would be worth it all regardless of why the rookie had the camera crew. The Oprah thing was already dead and buried when he made that comment, according to the reporter and Sam. I believe the Oprah Sam reality show was cancelled on May 16th.
  3. QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 10:08 PM) When Greg said that the trade was "laughably bad" it was probably an exaggeration, certainly an inaccurate adverb. No one here is laughing. But it was not a good trade. It'll likely take another year before the trade can be accurately assessed, but I'm sure Hahn did not forsee Davidson hitting .210 in AAA with gobs of strikeouts. Reed now up to 24 saves by the way, which is a fairly predictable level for him. 5 blown saves, 1.99 HR/9, 3.98 era. He is gasoline, we all saw that last season, there is enough of that in the current bullpen
  4. QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 10:00 PM) Tigers' prospects seem to never really pan out though. As much as I love and want Avi to succeed, I still have doubts. Eh, that Verlander guy turned out ok. Avila is good too. They have been good about unloading their prospects for the major league team, though.
  5. QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 09:49 PM) I was so pissed (pun intended) when I saw how small my kidney stone was. This little thing barely bigger than a grain of sand caused me excruciating pain for 2 days. Isn't it somewhat broken up because you had to take stuff to make it break down(cranberry)?
  6. Kyyle23 replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 09:13 PM) Where will he be in 2 years? Probably starting for the Yankees putting up 30 bombs in that park Yea, lots of cast off white sox minor leaguers pop up elsewhere and become awesome players
  7. I think Dungy will step away or be removed from SNF soon
  8. QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 03:41 PM) Sidney Rice retiring at 27. Probably smart. Too bad he kept getting hurt. Think he could've been a stud wasnt he extremely adverse to surgery of any kind?
  9. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 03:42 PM) MLB pitchers own GB
  10. If Minnesota is trying to get Cleveland to up their offer, you have to think Wiggins isnt in the offer. Everyone keeps saying Wiggins gets it done, so why isnt it done?
  11. Im not telling myself it is happening, but im definitely paying attention today. Yesterday it was background
  12. This morning Cowley was on M&H and he was scoffing at the possibility of the Bulls pulling this off, and he has done a complete 180 on it, even so far as to say he should have bet against himself. This really has become interesting.
  13. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:08 PM) He is playing hurt. When he was in town he could barely make it down the first base line. But I wonder if he will ever even play 100 games in a season again. It's too bad. If he could have remained healthy, he would have been a beast. What surprises me is as far as I can tell, none of his injuries which has caused him to miss time are the result of HBP. definitely not HBP, but rather punching things. Which was great for the Sox at the time
  14. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 11:59 AM) Yes, but the Sox got zilch, although there wasn't much complaining about it at the time. of course, the hindsight machine is working hard recently
  15. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 11:53 AM) Carlos Quentin is injured when he is healthy. hard to get proper value for a guy who can barely play 100 games a season
  16. QUOTE (striker @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 11:10 AM) Perspective: Carlos Quentin was a 2WAR player when we traded him. We got jack squat in return. Viciedo and Beckham have negative WARs. More perspective, Carlos Quentin was injured when he was traded
  17. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 03:27 AM) Unless they move Posey to 1B. Which would make Brandon Belt an attractive target. I think the Sox are covered at first. I dont know why you want another first baseman(Howard), but I am fairly sure that the Sox will be using Abreu going forward
  18. QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:42 PM) Were we watching the same game? Carroll gave up a ton of hits and was pathetic. Ned outmanages Robin by taking his horrible pitcher out after five. I don't mind Robin, but hate the four games or so I've felt he basically conceded the game. Pretty tough to get to .500 that way. It's in baseball's unwritten book the starter has to go into the sixth or it's some slap in the face. No way he should have pitched the sixth inning in my humble opinion. Again, 1 run in 5 innings. But sure, anyone would have pulled him Ned also has a dominating bullpen, and the Sox have....yea
  19. QUOTE (1dog @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:32 PM) Anybody else feel sick to their stomach when you hear Beckham's walk-up music? Just done with it, and Beckham.
  20. QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:27 PM) He pulled him down 2 runs, bases loaded nobody out, after he had given up 11 hits in 5 innings, when he was in trouble all game long. i don't hate anybody. I don't judge on personalities - don't put your method of analysis on me. 2 runners were on, nobody out. Method of analysis, lmao. Thanks Freud, I will remember that next time you come into a gamethread with one of your three hundred "omg Robin Ventura make me so mad today this is what he did I can't believe that" posts
  21. QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:22 PM) I like watching this team but I can't stomach watching cy Chen dominate us again. What bothers me is if the sox even remotely show life against Chen, now you gotta face their pen. Whereas the Sox have Javy Guerra lighting the infield on fire
  22. QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:19 PM) Ventura does it again. He simply refuses to pull a starter until the game is out of hand, no matter how poorly he's pitching. Exact same thing he did Sunday. He pulled the pitcher when he was down 2 runs, quit being a drama queen because you hate Ventura
  23. QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:15 PM) I hope Rienzo finishes the last 3 innings (if Guerra can get out of this without much damage). That would give our good arms some rest That might prove difficult for Andre
  24. Guerra should provide some nice gasoline to this fire

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.