Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2014 -> 02:03 PM) Gorkys Hernandez...your table is ready. Moises will get the shot first. Good lord is Danks bad right now, he was 4 inches above the ball on his swings
  2. QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 4, 2014 -> 12:58 PM) I hear ya. Better that than throwing stones from a glass house. And hey, you can do both! So talented
  3. QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 4, 2014 -> 12:48 PM) I think you're wrong, but at least you are taking a stand. We all strive to take consistently proven wrong stands
  4. The book is out on Beckham. He can't hit fastballs, curves, change ups, sliders, and knuckleballs. Throw him one of those and you are golden
  5. https://mobile.twitter.com/SJGiants/status/...9824000/photo/1
  6. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 3, 2014 -> 09:25 PM) I've only heard bad things. I have read good and somewhat bad reviews.
  7. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 2, 2014 -> 09:34 PM) OK cool, so that means you guys play against pretty good competition. Most of the leagues in Austin are 1 HR. There's maybe 2 leagues of 3 HR every night of the week. I'm told that there's a 5 HR league once in a while where you can steal bases, which sounds interesting. I don't think the leagues here do the 1-1 rule though. I've never encountered it. I play in one 3 HR Men's league and I found I actually hit better than 1 HR leagues because the pitchers threw with lower arc (most of them play USSSA), which is far easier to hit for me than the high ASA arc. I have an entirely different stance for ASA and USSSA. No leg kick at all in USSSA, leg kick in ASA. It's a bit weird going back and forth sometimes. Arc for us is 6 - 10. No stealing in our league but I have played in a league where you could steal. It's a bit weird. A pitcher can fake a pitch to home, and if you are off the base when he fakes then you are out. So some pitchers have elaborate fake moves. I am not a base stealer so I never left the base, but I saw a few guys get "picked off" that way.
  8. Danks missed his spot so badly on that ouch to Gomes. Nieto wanted it high and in and he threw low and outside
  9. Danks needs to throw a simulated first inning. This s*** is ridiculous
  10. ASA rules, 3 home run limit, 1-1 rules after both teams hit 3 homers. If you reach your limit before the other team does, every homer is an out
  11. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 2, 2014 -> 04:52 PM) I'll never know why Nintendo ever came out with a 4 GB in the first place. I typically only download virtual console games, so I didn't think it would matter, but you seriously can't download anything. NES Remix honestly eats the entire storage. Paying for an external HD eats away a big chunk of the benefit of a free game, but maybe I can find something cheap. I'd really like to get Wind Waker for free. You should see how much it is to trade in your current wiiu for the Mario kart 32 gig bundle. You get Mario Kart and SMBU in the bundle and then you get the free download of wind waker I don't think they should have gone with 8 and 32 gig models either, but they are probably trying to keep consumer cost down. Even though it is still 250 and 300 bucks
  12. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 2, 2014 -> 04:06 PM) So what's the general consensus of what a good hitter is in slow pitch softball? I only stat-track for myself and a lot of the good players I play with don't keep their stats. .600? .700? What about in terms of OPS? .600 is good, .700 very good IMO Look at my team roster that I posted a few days ago. Ray is without a doubt the best player on our team, he is an absolute wrecking ball. But then you look at Bob, and he is a singles hitter but on base all the time. Our team is pretty consistent top to bottom though, and I think that is why we are good. I am usually around .600 but last year was kind of disappointing at .560. But I just don't play as much as I used to.
  13. QUOTE (VAfan @ May 1, 2014 -> 06:06 PM) The other factor here is that Dunn would likely give the Sox a discount, given how badly he played for them over a significant part of his current contract. Which might make his next contract a bargain, believe it or not. I really dont see how you could deduce that, these guys are trying to get good paychecks. Goodwill is far overstated
  14. This is like Christmas if everyone was beaten and robbed on Christmas
  15. QUOTE (scs787 @ May 2, 2014 -> 01:10 PM) FWIW, he was an assistant for the Lakers in 2013 before a Euro League paid him big bucks to come back. Certainly not calling for his hiring, but I just thought it was a little interesting that he coached Mirotic. Thoughts on Lionel Hollins?? Why wasn't he brought back last year after going 56-26 and making it to the conference finals? Hollinger and Hollins didn't get along
  16. QUOTE (scs787 @ May 2, 2014 -> 12:43 PM) Meh, probably not, but any particular reason why? You think he'd be a "rebuilding" type coach? If so what sets him apart from Hoiberg? Dude is 760-218 in Europe and said to be an "offensive guru". You know I'm all about that outside the box option.....I can see reasons for not wanting him though. Lionel Hollins would be the guy I want though. He was very successful, in the West no less, with a team that is built just like the Bulls. I think this will all be moot point though cause I doubt Thibs leaves. I think he would have to get his feet wet as an assistant before he was hired as a head coach. Hoiberg played in the NBA, worked on the Twolves staff and in their front office, and now has 3 seasons behind him as a collegiate head coach. The Euro leagues have made strides to close the competition gap, but come on now, it isnt the NBA.
  17. QUOTE (LDF @ May 2, 2014 -> 10:23 AM) The subtle art of sarcasm is dying. It isnt dying, it has merely been changed to green
  18. QUOTE (Brian @ May 2, 2014 -> 08:43 AM) Pass. I like my feet firmly on the ground. you refuse to go out on the Willis tower skydeck, dont you
  19. http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/02/travel/glaci...ex.html?c=world *adds to bucket list
  20. Lebrons self hype doesn't bother me anymore. He was right
  21. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 2, 2014 -> 07:08 AM) Disc or download? My 4GB system can barely handle NES Remix, so if this is download only then I'm f***ed and so are many others. Time to get an external HD or just trade in/up for the Kart bundle
  22. No way in hell the bulls go after a euro league coach
  23. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 1, 2014 -> 09:53 PM) LOL at how salty you are. We've never met. Move along. I'm salty? That's an interesting way to look at it
  24. I don't know why the NBA allows Joey Crawford to remain employed
  25. Come on Emery, just trade Shea for a top 10 pick. you can do it

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.