Everything posted by kev211
-
Latest Trade News...
My top ten 1. wagner 2. griffey 3. manny 4. burnett 5. schmidt 6. baez 7. Dunn 8. vizquel 9. Huff 10. Guardado
-
Trade deadline countdown?
QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 11:35 AM) Not sure what that means, but ok. Anybody else? he is no longer an admin
-
Rumor: Sox "hot" after Wagner
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 12:53 AM) Sox basically say we'll give you whatever we can do get Wagner, and they still say no? Ed Wade is dumber than I thought. He has to realize that his current team is garbage, or at the very least, .500, and has no chance of winning the division. He should look to get an upgrade offensively, probably 3B to get Bell's .653 OPS out of the lineup, and he should really find a taker for Vicente Padilla. The Phils rotation right now I believe is Myers-Lieber-Lidle-Tejada-Padilla...which, after Myers, is pretty bad. If I am Philly, I tell Williams that if he can get Burnett, that a package of Burnett and Crede will work if he agrees to take on some extra money someway, shape, or form. I would honestly not be surprised to see a package of like Marte, McCarthy, and perhaps Munoz/Diaz/Vizcaino for Burnett and Lowell, with the Sox then sending Burnett and Crede to Philly for perhaps Wagner and either Padilla, just to get rid of him, plain cash, or both. Lowell is then slipped into the lineup, Padilla(replacing Vizcaino, though becoming a swingman) is put into the pen along with Wagner(replacing Marte as the second token lefty in the pen) is put into the closer role, filling in very nicely. Florida gets Lowell's .653(though rising) OPS out of the lineup with Conine going to LF, and Miggy going to 3B, and getting a stud LH reliever while also receiving a good SP for the future who is fairly close to the majors. Philly receives a SP boost in Burnett, and an offensive and probably defensive upgrade in Crede too. What I could also see is this deal being contingent upon Philly being able to dump Bell elsewhere...perhaps to the Sox, perhaps elsewhere. The Sox could also potentially keep McCarthy, making it a true 3-team trade, with Florida receiving Padilla and Marte, the Sox receiving Lowell and Wagner, and the Phillies receiving Burnett and Crede. I could also see, in the above scenario, the Sox taking on David Bell too. That all makes way too much sense for the Sox, and possibly not enough for the other two...but dammit I tried. And here I was determined to not make a long winded, complete speculation post all year...and then I pull off this doozy. Woo-hoo, drinks on me. Post of the year
-
Help with a radio poll
Voted for you
-
Angels @ Blue Jays
I saw it when it was in the bottem 12 i wonder if there going to reach the record 33 innings
-
Red Sox will explore Ramirez trade
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 05:07 PM) I must say the Cubs should seriously look into this, they have a s***load of talent in their Minor leagues and some good expendable ML talent. Manny would absolutely rake at Wrigley in LF for the Cubs. The trib is raking in cash putting a 500 team on the field why would they waste money to go get manny when either way there going to sell out everygame. If cubs fans were smart they would stop going to games when the trib puts a crappy product on the field to show them that there not gunna make money if they dont put money into the team.
-
Is anyone else getting tired...
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 08:29 PM) I am sick of getting myself worked up. I want to hear the news that the White Sox have made a trade. This really is uncalled for, because they have the best record in baseball. However, it is impossible to not get worked up and excited. Every morning when I wake up, I rush to the ESPN.com main page to see if there have been any deals. Then, I come to soxtalk, for what I am absolutely sure will be information of a new signing. I get in the car, turn on the Score or ESPN Radio, expecting to hear Bruce Levine tell me that Aubrey Huff is rolling up to the Cell in a '96 Prelude, ready to add that bat to our lineup. KW has been so amazing with his deals, that as a White Sox fan we are pretty lucky to be this excited. Of course, other teams are content, which makes us seem kind of needy. However, the exciting prospect of possibly getting Ken Griffey, Jr, or AJ Burnett, just makes me want to cream myself. For what its worth, I love this team, and would not be offended if we went for the stretch run as-is. I must say that I do feel we need a bat more than a pitcher, and a tiny addition like Omar Vizquel would go a long way to turning our lineup around. I may be going crazy, and July 31st can't come soon enough. Couple this with the fact that (non hockey fans ignore the next part) the NHL free agency period begins on August 1st, and I just might not make it through the weekend. As Hawk would say, I'm sure, "I love trade deadlines." If your sick of it dont visit the inside beat forum and dont pay attention to rumors
-
Trade Winds
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:50 PM) How about a name like "The Trade Winds" or something like that for this forum... Something about the Inside Beat, just doesn't work for me... Opinions? How about the rumor mill because it will be about free agents in the offseason not just trades.
-
White Sox Trade Thread
QUOTE(Ishmookie @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 10:12 PM) billy wagner please ^^^
-
Sig Requests
QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:24 PM) You're pretty good, but may I suggest making your sigs a bit bigger? He makes them for another forum too and they have a size limit
-
Craig Biggio
Yes without a doubt he should
-
White Sox Trade Thread
QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:59 PM) Crap, I wonder if this means the deal with us fell through. No ive been hearing this one for awhile.
-
Official NFL Season Predictions
another prediction im certain that the packers will finish in last place in the nfc north
-
Official NFL Season Predictions
NFC NORTH: Bears NFC EAST: Eagles NFC SOUTH: Falcons NFC WEST: Cardinals NFC WILD CARD: Lions NFC WILD CARD: Rams AFC NORTH: Steelers AFC EAST: Patriots AFC SOUTH: Colts AFC WEST: Chargers AFC WILD CARD: Ravens AFC WILD CARD: Texans NFC Champion: Falcons AFC Champion: Patriots Super Bowl Champion: Patriots Bears Record: 10-6
-
Concern?
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:56 AM) That's what it says after everybodies first post. It will go away once he/she makes another post. oic since when
-
Concern?
QUOTE(Andy Frain @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:42 AM) When Frank starts: 149 runs/28 games=5.32 runs/game Without Frank: 336 runs/72 games=4.67 runs/game Overall: 485/100=4.85 r/g The 5.32 runs/game would be 4th in the league. Frank returned at about the same time that Dye and Konerko started to hit, so I'm not sure how much of the difference can be attributed to him. How did you get your title changed after 1 post
-
the overbay deal should be in the works
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:36 AM) Except there's no way Terry Ryan is gonna to do that one. If he had overbay and we wearnt in the division there would be a chance
-
the overbay deal should be in the works
If the twins got overbay and I were KW id be on the phone right away trying to get morneau
-
Post your questions for Kris Honel!
Who is you favorite all time player? Since you lived in the Chicago area when you grew up who did you like better the cubs or white sox? Kevin
-
New Skin available
The blue dots under the name dont match now
- Logo wallpaper
-
Google moon
QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 01:56 AM) http://apollo11.ytmnd.com/
-
Whitesox VS Cubs World Series
QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 08:57 AM) The Cubs aren’t going to chase down St. Louis in the NL Central, but they are very much alive in the wild-card race. Last year, the Red Sox made it to the postseason as the wild card and wound up winning it all. The year before that, as the Cubs can tell you, the wild-card Florida Marlins won the World Series. And the year before that, the wild-card Anaheim Angels started the trend by winning the Fall Classic. So it can be done. For the sake of a suffering city, go Cubs go. As for the White Sox, it’s still way too early to start printing World Series tickets. For as great as they’ve been, the Sox still must prove they can handle heavyweights like the Red Sox and the Yankees. And shudder over this thought — the White Sox could draw the dreaded Oakland Athletics in the first round of the playoffs. I do agree with you steff is it to early but they make it like the world series would be easy for the cubs when they have only shown they can beat the marlins, reds, and pirates.
-
Alex Gonzalez, the Marlins one
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:34 AM) One of the most underrated SS in the game. I would easily take him over Uribe, any day of the week. In fact, throw in Castillo. I agree with the first part but gooch has been good all season no need to change it
-
Whitesox VS Cubs World Series
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:30 AM) It's the truth. The cubs have a better chance at the world series right now then we do?