Everything posted by kev211
-
Rafael Palmeiro
Guy just lot alot of respect what a dumbass
- Favorite D.J.
-
14 Hours Left
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:12 AM) Why are you so confident in this? Because I know KW will
-
Adam Dunn
Id love to have dunn here but I dont think he would go over well here seeing that he is basiclly a paul konerko.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!
a slight resemblance
-
Bigbie dealt.... AGAIN!!!
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 01:13 AM) I'd assume this takes them off the list of potential Huff suitors considering they just dumped one of their best spects? They also got a left handed hitting outfielder that they wanted but yeesh, that's overpaying to an extreme. When a team is desperate theyll do anything, but i wouldnt be surprised if bigbie is dealt 1 more time before the deadline obviosly some other team wanted bigbie for someone the red sox want.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!
QUOTE(Bighurt52235 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 12:53 AM) I looked at your avatar and puked. Get real, Joe Crede. :puke EDIT: Now I can't stop laughing at the damn thing. What a horrible picture. WTF? Its Aj Burnett You must have had a few tonight
-
Official Looking Ahead to 2006 Thread
QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:06 PM) Alex Gonzalez is having a good year this year, but I'm skeptical about it. He'd be a good option if we could get him cheap. He's hitting a career high in average this year but is also aiming for a low in homers. It may be that he's let off his power stroke in favor of some average. So you're either gonna get a good average hitter or a decent power hitter (no improvement over Uribe). If he's gonna hit for a good average I definitely wouldn't mind taking him on. However, I'd hope he wouldn't be looking for more than he's getting paid this year (3.5 mil) as I don't think he's worth more than that. The positives on him are that he's still young and he'd be transplanted to a "small" park. He could POSSIBLY put up something like .280/15/75 next year, which I wouldn't complaing about. But let's be honest, he isn't a middle of the order hitter, which Nomar is. I think a healthy Nomar is worth the gamble but of course that's JMO. If we have extra payroll flexibility next year, we should use it somewhere. If you take a look at the FAs for the offseason, it's not that good. We could improve our SP, but then we'd have to trade off Duque or Contreras. Maybe go after Millwood or Morris? I don't think we'd gain all that much in that sort of deal. There really aren't that many great position players available. Damon is going to command big cash, not to mention we don't need any OF help. We're set with OF, 2b, 3b, p, and (hopefully) c. If you were going to take a chance and/or invest a chunk of $, what player would you look to acquire to make the team better? Im not taking a chance on nomar no matter what your comments are gonzalez are right and millwood would to expensive he already make 8 mill this year. I just woudnt take a chance on nomar he is to injury prone and maybe he used roids the tendons got tight and thats why they breaking or getting pulled.
-
Wagner Rumor from Phillies Post Game
QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:24 PM) Two quick questions: How old is Wagner? When does he become a free agent? 32 IIRC this year
-
Sox wondering about Franks future
QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 10:15 PM) Josh: who is that in your sig... the picture above "trade for me kenny" i dont reconise him. alex gonzalez from the marlins
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!
YES
-
Trades
I dont get it the rangers dont need a hitter they need a pitcher, so they go out and trade a pitcher for a hitter.
-
Official Looking Ahead to 2006 Thread
QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 06:40 PM) Yeah, yeah... I'm not a big fan of Nomar currently either. But you can't argue with his talent. IF he comes back healthy, would you rather take a chance on a All-Star or would you put your faith in Uribe? Fully healthy, defense is not an issue here. It's not like Nomar's 38, he should still have several more very productive years. If Jerry is willing to spend, where else would you put the $$ that would most benefit the team? IF he comes back healthy and yes we should put money into the SS poistion but not at nomar there are better options out there. Alex Gonzalez the florida one cheaper not as injury prone and still some awesome D is the best choice IMO. Or Royce Clayton
-
Thumbs up for the Cell
Seeing that he is from Oak Lawn it is most likely a biased opion.
-
Official Looking Ahead to 2006 Thread
QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 06:27 PM) Pods Gooch Nomar Huff Thomas Dye AJ Rowand Crede Bench: Uribe, Timo, Gload, Widge, Ozuna Pitching: Same (hey, everyone's signed so why not? good enough this year) I think that would pretty much put us as the favs to repeat. Thanks for reading, remember to bump in a few months. :puke
-
Official Looking Ahead to 2006 Thread
This is what i see happening this offseason for the whitesox This is if the white sox stand pat and dont make any trades this year payroll now = 75,228,000 Free agents after this year: Carl Everet Paul Konerko Cliff Politte (club option which we will pick up) Frank Thomas I think they will not resign Konerko next year the opens up 8,750,000 I also dont think they will resign Thomas, unless they sign like a 1.5 million dollar deal with incentives for not getting injured, That opens up 8,000,000. They might resign Carl But I doubt it so there is another 4 million added. That leaves 20,750,000 open for next year some of it will have to go to Garland though (yes i now he isnt a free agent). Basically there going to need a 1st baseman possibly a 3rd baseman and I would get rid of the cuban connection and get a proven closer. Possible 1st baseman: Kevin Millar Possible 3rd baseman Bill Mueller Possible Pitchers: starters: Burnett Schimidt (his team option will most likely be picked up though Kevin Millwood (to expensive) realivers: Tom Gordon Billy wagner Octavio Dotel So basically I see we have about 20 million to spend next year to get some of the guys I listed above and Im sure JR will add about 5 mill so then 25 mill to get some of those guys and get some trades involved. So I see next years payroll anywhere from 80mill to 85mill
-
Phil Nevin
QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 05:54 PM) he has a no trade clause. He wants to stay on the West coast. A 65-35 team might change that idea
-
espn sportscenter
QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 05:21 PM) Oh, I'm still at work. Lucky guess. I didn't want people to think I was actually quoting what he said thinking that he might actually make some sense one of these times. Stupid me. He will never ever make sense but I agree with him somewhat we need a hitter bad were not done but we need one.
-
espn sportscenter
QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 05:12 PM) Moronatti: If KW doesn't make a move for a hitter now, the White Sox are done. Why is that in green he basically said that
-
DirecTV
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 05:04 PM) Compared to the Inside Beat which has been around for what like 2 weeks and already has 8,981 posts in it. People come here to talk White so baseball not about other teams Im sure I account for about 20 of the 10,000 post in ATH
-
espn sportscenter
AHH kotex boy is pti talking about it
-
DirecTV
The last post in ATH was the 10,000 reply in it just thought id say that
-
Official Looking Ahead to 2006 Thread
Does anybody have a site with this off seasons potential free agents?
-
Griffey
QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 03:29 PM) The Reds said they arent trading Griffey The reds are just trying to get his price higher. Trust me the reds would love to open up his money. Ken Griffey is not a good fit for them they need to open up there money and start over like they do every year sooner or later theyll get it right.
-
How annoyed are you?
I will get annoyed if nothing happens after 3pm on sunday