Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Its cute you think you aren't paying for others in the system we have set up now.
  2. Digging deeper into this, I can't think of a guy on the Sox who I would rather see success for. From his incredible sacrifices to escape Cuba, to his dangers and perils he encountered along that trip, including eating paperwork to try to protect himself. The fights with the coyotes he had. Being away from his entire family, including wife, kids, and mom. Then fully embracing a strange town, team, and culture, and not only playing his best, but looking out for everyone he connected with. He could have easily said nothing and gotten traded out of Chicago during the rebuild, or even asked to leave with no one wondering why or holding it against him. Instead he begged to stay in Chicago, playing father and big brother to all of the kids who came before him. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that the Eloy extension, the Yoan extension, and the Robert signing and extension had Jose's fingerprints all over them. This dude might have had more to do with the long term success of our rebuild than the front office did. This year he knew how big of a year it would be, so he came to camp ready, lost a bunch of weight, and showed up to camp in MVP shape, and led by example. Even if he isn't a Hall of Famer one day, or the guy who puts up the biggest stats in Sox history, he will be an all-time favorite for me. I think the part that warmed my heart the most was seeing the same guys who had been dead silent for over a week after the TLR hire, just come out and gush at Jose getting this award. And it was players of all races and creeds to, and not just the Cubans or Latinos. I have no idea how people could have a problem with Jose Abreu. He is the perfect contrast for what the White Sox way should look like. He does everything right. He is a great teammate, has an incredible work ethic, and is willing to share that with everyone. Congrats to Pito!
  3. Yep. Thanks Tony, our MVP is having to cover for you on his night. How sincere.
  4. If that doesn't wake you up, I don't know what will.
  5. The one place in life Jerry is rational is the bottom line.
  6. There is no person who I am happier for than Jose Abreu.
  7. What do you tell the family with a dead relative?
  8. I have zero proof, but 15-ish years of watching people come and go on message boards, so I won't say a name out loud just in case I am wrong. I am about 100% sure it is someone who posts here, and fairly certain about who it is. But just on the off chance I am wrong, I don't want to publicly make a mistake to put someone under the bus.
  9. 100% it is someone with a history of posting on Soxtalk.
  10. One could almost say he is sincere in his path to not give a crap about what people think of it.
  11. I won't name names here, but it is really obvious in my mind who this is.
  12. I have said it before, but will say it again. A mistake can be made, and steps can be taken to fix them. Nothing in TLRs history seems to show that he is that kind of a guy, fully evidenced by the fact that he just picked up his second DUI, and not only didn't own up to it, but tried to intimidate a member of the vaunted thin blue line into letting him go. This goes long past any potential gray area or learning a lesson.
  13. Dominion sure doesn't think so. https://www.denverpost.com/2020/11/12/election-2020-voting-fraud-trump-denver/
  14. And not just a DUI, but their second one.
  15. For the record, I would love to see the Sox end their associations with Fisk, Raines, and Daryl Boston. I have zero problem with the team saying we want employees who serve as an example for the type of people we want to see in our organization.
  16. if TLR doesn't change that is on him. Tony can do whatever he can do. But the White Sox directly enabling his behavior includes them in the responsibility for anything bad that happens. You can't separate that out as well it doesn't matter what we do, he is going to do what he wants anyway, but lay direct responsibility for layoffs not on Jerry, but on someone who takes exception to that action and is willing to take action. Why isn't that also the direct responsibility of the person taking the action? After all I didn't fire that person, JR would. Why isn't that Jerry's responsibility? After all, I have no employees, so by that logic, I have no impact at all on firing people. Why does JR seemingly not gain responsibility for anything in these scenarios? And where does the line happen here? What level of horrible person are you willing to not protest if it helps the team win games?
  17. When you directly enable the bad behavior? Yes. You can become a part of the blame. For example, I can draw a distinction between having a guy who gets a DUI while already an employee, and hiring one who is going through the court system for one. I can also draw another line at someone who is going through the court system for a second one.
  18. Bullshit. By this logic, none of us should have any moral compass in life because down the road it could hurt someone who depends on that income. It is easier to label things as "cancel culture" than to actually take a stand and some action. What you are literally telling me is that you are literally OK with the result of Tony LaRussa killing someone while on the White Sox watch, because a sales guy might lose his job if we don't pressure the organization to change this decision. So your definition of innocent just ignores part of the equation but not the other. Why are we not talking about the innocent victims of DUI here? Do they not matter? Why?
  19. Again if Jerry is more worried about the guilty than the innocent, he is the one who will need to answer for that. That is HIS problem.
  20. Here is the connection you aren't making. If Jerry is willing to support his drunken friend over middle class workers trying to make a living, that tells me I made the right decision.
  21. Underneath it all, Dave is just worried about his sources and is perfectly willing to play his roll as a servant boy to Jerry to keep at it. NO surprise there. This reads like Brooks and Scott wrote this for him.
  22. I don't either, which is why stopping drunk driving is that important to me.
  23. I don't believe I want to support anyone who supports drunken driving. Dollar vote is a real thing. If TLR is more important than their sales team, that is a decision the White Sox are making and it speaks to their values.
  24. Actually I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox started leaking some pursuit information to counteract some of the bad information.
  25. Except apparently the biggest crisis the country has had in the last century. But NBD>

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.