Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Because there is a major doubt that AJ lacks the single most important leadership skill out there, and I don't want him poisoning this team if the obvious does happen. The fact the he can't take instruction without it being "insulting" is literally his playing career. That IS the problem with AJ.
  2. Great. Let him start in the minors and see if he can adjust his attitude to actually work with people. I have zero interest in a volatility experiment on the major league roster. See how he plays as a coach in Great Falls, not Chicago.
  3. It does you zero good to have the best mind in baseball if you lack the ability to impart that knowledge to others if you want to be a manager. I have yet to hear an AJP story where he worked with someone to give them some sort of skill or insight, in fact quite the opposite. The stories were about how impossible he was to work with, and how he refused to do anything that wasn't on his own terms and conditions. We keep talking about TLR being a bad choice, but at least in his case we have a 4 decade history of being a leader and adding value to the careers of others. We have none of that with AJP. Hell I would rather bring back Ozzie who at worse knows how to make a spectacle of himself to keep the pressure of of people. I literally can't see a positive of making AJP the leader of this team.
  4. Except for the whole being able to relate to people thing.
  5. It would only be for this season, so it really wouldn't matter.
  6. This makes me feel instantly better about being anti-TLR.
  7. When you want to believe more than you want people to live...
  8. Pete Carroll has also continuously been in his game.
  9. I said the other day that IF they were to actually bring in their next manager and assign him the bench coach role, and essentially make him the junior manager, it might make some sense. If you bring in an AJ HInch, but are scared to flat out make him the manager with all of the background stuff, you make him the bench coach, but essentially the co-manager with a timeline to make him manager in a year or two. This allows the Astros scandal stuff to fade a bit more into the background instead of dealing with it directly. I can start to understand this move, if this what they are doing. But if it is straight up TLR? Ugh. Why.
  10. I want a modern manager. I want a guy who will relate to our kids and also understand the modern big data aspects of the game.
  11. Ok, this isn't funny anymore. If I am being honest here, I would rather have kept Ricky than to do this.
  12. That is exactly the point. If you are ONLY looking at winning percentage as a success rating of a manager, you are intentionally leaving out tons of information which will give you a better insight as to what is going on with a manager.
  13. Sure, they are called pitchers. See the point of only looking at winning percentage when it comes to a job?
  14. Sure, but there are .230 hitters who add big time value to a line up.
  15. So you are pro-Tony Larussa, Ned Yost, and Ozzie Guillen?
  16. Judging managers on winning percentage is like judging hitters on batting average.
  17. There has been reports that it was going to happen either way.
  18. This was the biggest one. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/01/08/trevor-bauer-twitter-nikki-giles/2517721002/
  19. Its a long running pattern with him.
  20. This is one of the things that really bothers me about Bauer.
  21. The ONLY way I could think of making this OK would be figuring out a way to have your "next manager" on the bench as a bench coach. Maybe you bring in TLR as manager, and slide Hinch as the Bench Coach allowing him to take a step toward rehabilitation and a year or two down the road Tony retires for good as a White Sox? I mean I still don't wan to see them waste time on TLR, but if it happens, hopefully it is with the next manager in mind.
  22. Please no. This would be horrible.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.