Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I don't see Q getting that much this winter. I think that might have been his max in a normal year after coming off of injuries and issues. I could see him under $5 million this winter. I am going to guess that the markets for the top guys and early signings holds up OK, but once teams make their early moves, the market just collapses. If there was ever a winter for a player to sign a one year deal and try again next year, this is it.
  2. For being one of the premiere educations in the country, they sure have some stupid people running it.
  3. BS. All there is to stop him from doing it is what? Fans not showing up? The Sox already have one of the lowest attending fan bases in baseball. He could squeeze out tens of millions of dollars more per year out of this franchise if that was really his goal. There are multiple teams around baseball that do exactly this. Pretending that Jerry would knuckle under to public opinion when he really never has in the past, doesn't give a convincing argument to the contrary.
  4. I am not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here.
  5. I know people really believe this crap, but it is 100% clear that if he only cared about making money, he failed. The money making is in the Pittsburgh model where you collect all of the national and TV money, and then put a minimal payroll on the field.
  6. This is where I was going. This isn't new. This has been happening behind the scenes for a while now and they are actively covering it up.
  7. On the other hand, this thread does not make you look smart.
  8. In otherwords, this has been happening for a while, and they just tried to pretend it away. Awesome.
  9. I mean you can set yourself up for this, but none of us know what the financials look like right now, let alone at what the team is going to plan for. I am not hopeful for big spending, but we do have some things working for our favor. We will see.
  10. And this ownership group has no debt on the team either.
  11. No. If it is anyone, it will be Engel and Garcia. The next level guys are probably September arrivals at soonest.
  12. I wonder if Trump realizes that the obvious propaganda campaign going on around how the President is fine, active, and engaged is probably scaring more Americans who know how easily this White House lies, versus actually being believable.
  13. It wouldn't shock me if our biggest moves this winter were trades. it is so impossible to know what this offseason brings in terms of budget and spending.
  14. I really think they will be limited in budget and will make a starting pitcher priority A. i think they know they can live with a bad RF way more than they can live without another quality starting pitcher.
  15. I wonder if they are trying to get non-tendered?
  16. Gio was signed as a swingman, and Detwiler was roster filler. They were never meant to be front guys.
  17. Typically no, but you have to wonder if he looks at this group as his last great hope before he dies.
  18. As well as teams with no debt.
  19. Plan C, I think. Bauer, then Stroman (who might even be Target A for this team) and then someone like Q.
  20. Has been since the day we signed Grandal.
  21. Especially if your standard is for all pitchers drafted to succeed at a high level, and not suffer major injuries.
  22. This was the key moment here. They had planned for Dunning not being effective, they did not plan on an injury.
  23. Garrett Crochet prays that he turns into Tommy John. Dude had 26 year career and a borderline HOF one at that. If we got that from Crochet, it would be a win of the highest magnitude.
  24. Wow, a Soxtalk OG! Welcome back! Still waiting to hear you jumped that poser Southpaw.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.