Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
"The Other Side" doesn't control the levels of federal response and funding. That is literally all that matters here.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Let me even step this up a notch. Historically, we welcomed in the southern states after fighting an actual war against Lincoln and the north. Literally the only standards for readmission were to follow the rules for how to treat former slaves as equals in most aspects. If they could treat the deep south as equals after fighting an actual war against them, this President can suck it up and take some political slaps from the other party, especially since we know he is at the front of the line to dish them out.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
We should be holding the office to the highest standards, and not some D student, well at least they tried type of garbage.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Mark this moment for posterity's sake, but I agree with Dick Allen.
-
RIP Ed Farmer
The one about him actually missing the PK home run and improving the call after them came back from commercial was my favorite.
-
RIP Ed Farmer
I totally agree. I would love to hear Jason drop some Hawkims and Light em up.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Nothing. Now have another sip of Kool aid.
-
Pandemic Reading
I lived in Webster (other side of I-45 from NASA) and Conroe when I was young and loved them both. If I was ever to leave my hometown, those places would be on the list of considerations for sure.
-
Market/Financial Thread
I would bet on double digits. Even if it isn't reflected in U3 because of technicalities, it will be in U6. 2020 is going to be bad economically, especially for small businesses who depend on foot traffic.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Thinking back, they didn't do the extreme and purposeful undercounting of unemployment by putting a higher bar of requirement to meet the definition of "unemployed" to hit this number. If we are at 10% on the U3, we are probably at least around 15% on the U6 which is the all encompassing number. Previously U3 was 3.5% and U6 was 7%.
-
Radio Broadcast Speculation Thread
I have to imagine that broadcasting advertising has just disappeared with a lot of businesses not making revenue right now.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Today we also hit 1 million cases world wide, as well as 50,000 deaths.
-
AJ Reed retires
Giving Reed a shot was absolutely the right move
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Welcome to 2020.
-
Market/Financial Thread
Its actually a rise of about 300%, or 7 percentage points.
-
The Beer Thread
Gumballhead is actually my favorite 3 Floyds.
-
**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**
We went back and rewatched Sherlock, and also the mid-90's version of The Stand.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
There are a ton of small businesses which are already gone forever, and lot more will follow as this crisis extends further out.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Especially when factor in the public dumping they keep getting from the President.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Today's rally was mainly due to the Presidents lie about oil supplies and talking to the Saudi's and Russians about a 10 BBL cut in production.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
And 9/11's disruption for most was a week. This is going to be months.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
He's right though. This is first time an illness has shutdown the entire country in over 100 years. While Boomers might think that isn't a big deal, they are wrong.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Germany ramped up for this at the same time our leadership was mocking it. They had their first case the day after we did.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Wow, what an idiot.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
I am seeing a LOT of people talking about how they can't file for one reason or another, but mostly overwhelmed systems.