Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
After seeing the quotes from Rick and Kenny, the Sox are not going to sign Harper. Zero chance of it.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I mean I won't deny I caught some of the feels at the highs of all of this, but the longer we failed to close it out, the more I lost those feels. We left the door open, an absurdly low bid left the door open, and San Diego snatched him away. It wasn't how I would have envisioned the process running, but the end game is what I figured. We finished 2nd. Again.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Just no. Remember when we were going sign BOTH of Manny and Bryce? Yeah, that was great. Nice insider work there.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I said at the beginning of winter they would figure out a way to come in second in free agency. That's what we do. I really isn't a surprise to me. While the dreaming was nice, I never had my hopes up for this.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
BS, they knew days ago if Moncada was playing 3B in spring training.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I guess we can start calling Rick Hahn, Captain Ahab.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
The good news is that the Padres can't be for real, because I read repeatedly on Soxtalk that it was too late for teams to get involved in this process.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
With the FA market the way that is has been the last two years, it is a great opportunity for teams to approach players about locking them up long term.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Page 792 could be lucky? That was the number of cards in a full year set of Topps baseball cards back when I started collecting in the early 80's. Meh, it is worth a shot.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
His is the only one that does it.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Dude. I don't know what you are doing, or if it the communists, or what, but none of your pics ever come through. We literally see a string of numbers and letters. That's it.
-
Official NHL COVID season thread
That was a crazy game last night.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I just want this to end.
-
**Movies that we Watch** Thread
Bohemian Rhapsody was terrible. The story telling and script was awful. The story was rushed and really didn't create any tension or emotion. Maybe it got better, but we turned it off after an hour.
-
Moncada hopes to stay at 2b
A chance at what is the important thing here.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
He'll find something else.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
You've done nothing but essentially call people stupid for everything this entire winter acting like you already have it all figured out and the team is going to fail, yet you are still here. If it is that miserable. find a new hobby.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
You gave up two DECADES ago, yet are still pretending to be a fan?
-
Moncada hopes to stay at 2b
Can we not do this anymore?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Wait, you are lecturing someone about THEIR level of faith? Come on.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Hooray for rebuilding!
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Or have him learn a new position when his mistakes won't matter.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
This has always been the craziest part of rebuilding.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
If you are right and he keeps failing at everything, it really doesn't matter.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Bingo.