Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. That's what happens when you get four outs. If Leury doesn't get hurt, he makes that catch and the inning is over with one run. Instead the ball is missed, turned into a double, and then has to wait around for Garcia to come off of the field, and it costs him two runs.
  2. Yep, he blew a hammy.
  3. i think I think Leury is hurt.
  4. I am excited to see him and to see him achieve. For my two cents is that we can all ruminate over the business of baseball, but if you let it fuck up your enjoyment of the game of baseball, you are doing it wrong.
  5. I hope it is true, but a cat personality on Twitter?
  6. Without knowing the entirety of MiLB prospects, the White Sox have to be able to make a case for having the best collection of OF prospects in all of baseball.
  7. Yeah, not that Micker is supposed to be bad or anything, but Rutherford is supposed to be a guy who can play CF at the major league level defensively, with even a pretty good arm.
  8. Depends on which part. Adolfo has a cannon for an arm, but I would guess Rutherford has him beat everywhere else (range, reads, speed, etc)
  9. Kopech has a power pitchers body. Chris Sale is a freak of nature.
  10. You are in my age bracket. Eat it and Fat were my first exposures to Weird Al music, and I have been hooked ever since.
  11. Mentioned him earlier, but yes. Honestly I think there are maybe two other people in the discussion from my lifetime. Eloy Jimenez is the #3 rated prospect in all of baseball and the top rated OF prospect as of today. Harold Baines was the #1 draft pick overall in 1977 (the only time in team history picking at #1) and destroyed all levels of the minors in 2.5 years before hitting the majors, and never really quitting until he was about 40. Joe Borchard owned the biggest signing bonus in White Sox history for 15 years until Carlos Rodon came along, and then ranked as high as #16 prospect (just for the record, #1 that year was Corey Patterson, #2 was Hee Sop Choi) in all of baseball and hit at all levels of the minors before the hole in his bat showed up at the major league level.
  12. Even if this was a complete lie, this is what Rick Hahn should and would say to the press and fans.
  13. I saw his tour in 2002. Man was that an incredible show. I think it was the Back in the US tour.
  14. CSN has been running a good interview by Chuck Garfien talking about a lot of the same stuff. Crazy how lucky this guy is.
  15. First concert was Weird Al. I can't remember the first cassette tape I bought, but I know The Beatles Revolver album was the first CD I bought. The second was Poison, Open up and Say Ah with the soon to be banned cover.
  16. Its pretty darned exciting to see one of the kids we drafted doing so well to start his career. I am excited, but I really want to see him repeat to some level at AA.
  17. Kopech has 126 IP today. He has probably 6 starts left in the season, assuming he goes every 5th turn, and not every 5th day. Even if he averages 5 IP in those starts, you are looking at 155 IP essentially. Another 26 IP next year is another half inning per start on average. As you can see with Kopech, as the season has gone on, the number of innings he has gone, has been going up. Post ASB he is averaging 6 1/3 per start, and 6 2/3 in his 3 August starts. I feel like 180 is a pretty comfortable number for next season.
  18. 33 starts at 5 innings is 165 IP. With his control coming around the way it has, I don't think 6 IP is that crazy.
  19. I think Kopech will be in the neighborhood of 180 IP next year. He isn't going to be that far short of it this year
  20. I don't think anyone really enjoys watching Jerry make money, in fact some are downright jealous and hateful about it. But at the end of the day, you also have to recognize that this is a business, and these things do have real world implications, so being aware of what is going on is also a key indicator as to what the team will and will not be able to do in the near term.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.