Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I have asked this everytime that this subject has come up, but why is there no health concerns for the employees in establishments? Every other occupation has OSHA breathing down their necks about dangerous working conditions, and they are forced to make adaptations to make the enviornment as safe as possible for the people who work there. Its almost sad, but why hasn't OSHA stepped to the forefront and made this a workplace safety issue?
  2. Danks first lead of his career, right?
  3. God would a first inning run be nice for a change.
  4. Where in public do you see naked guys???
  5. QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:41 PM) That is not a stand, that is Joe Crede, our rookie 3rd basemen with the loopy tennis swing. The thing that has been really sad is that his usual stellar defense hasn't been there either. He has made some bad errors already this year.
  6. I don't know if anyone has posted this in a catch all thread, but this will get interesting as names start to leak out. LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN! http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...i-sportstop-hed
  7. QUOTE(JoeCredeYes @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:31 AM) Paging Mr. Rowand. I would rather someone page Joe Crede, and get rid of the stand in that has been out there for the last month.
  8. QUOTE(Shadows @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:00 AM) Im just wondering what your basis is for this.. IIRC, he didnt return a kick off or punt ever while at Northern Illinois Apparently he wanted to do so, but they decided as a team to keep him fresher for the offensive situations by not doing it.
  9. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:17 PM) That can't affect the raw sales numbers right? Same article: Not to mention they talk about other factors in the very same article. This is the big thing for CC
  10. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:08 PM) This week, I'm going Back to Circuit City for this one. I am sure the loss had nothing to do with the charge they probably had to take to cover the costs associated with terminating the employees...
  11. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:12 PM) Is the US still offering wheat subsidies to keep bread prices low? I wonder if this is a common issue around the world. The US farmers are among the most heavily subsidized in the world. Its a big issue outside of the US, but no one here wants to look like they are putting farmers out on the street, so nothing has been done about it. Places like Mexico and South America have farmers suffering the same types of problems as our steel workers have been.
  12. QUOTE(knightni @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:38 AM) My theory's holding water so far. Hardly anyone less than 5'9"/5'10". What is "average" now?
  13. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:08 AM) The exploding price of corn tortillas has become a major political issue in Mexico. IIRC, that was one of the big issues that set of the protest/revolution in the state in Mexico that has a large Indian population, correct?
  14. QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:53 AM) you cant nominate yourself. I guess this means we have a new leader in the race for "Most Shameful Self-Promotion"
  15. It was either Fidel Castro or Hugo Chavez that was quoted as saying something like this was a genocide against poor people. I don't remember where I read that anymore, but it was a month or two ago.
  16. QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:35 AM) Oh okay, so it's right by the park. Cool. Can I still get a ticket to the game too? It is two blocks north of the baseball park. I believe you can, but you definately won't be in the patio party. The deadline has passed for that.
  17. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 1, 2007 -> 05:50 PM) Yep, and as rap has become more popular, the image of women has declined. We could mark '83 as the beginning of the decline. Instead of blaming rap music, I think we can look throughout pretty much all of modern history and learn that women have just about always been treated like second class citizens.
  18. Holy s***! So much for the myth of "law abiding" I had no idea the #s were this high.
  19. QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:53 AM) I think Jordin will be safe based on the fact that she was great last week and those votes will be added to this weeks. Phil was OK. Lakisha was good and so was Melinda. Chris was nasally and how do you go to your session with JBJ and not know the words to Dead or Alive? Blake was unique and he has the most overall musical talent of the group, not necessarily singing talent though. I like the performance but my wife made me rewind it 4 times. Jason Bateman, huh? All I know is that Jason Bateman was the star of the greatest sitcom ever .... It's Your Move from the mid-1980s. Close... Arrested Development
  20. John Edwards isn't just looking to repeal the Bush tax cuts, he is looking to possibly raise them further. http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20...24141-8365r.htm
  21. Hmmm how does "Duke" Finestein sound? http://thehill.com/david-keene/feinsteins-...2007-04-30.html
  22. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 1, 2007 -> 06:35 PM) Tracey is quite obvious, because even if he won't be a long term MLB player, I still don't see how he can't be a reliever at some point in time. He has a funny looking motion, but pitchers have had s***ty motions and succeeded in the past. Ozzie just throwing him under the bus for not hitting Kinsler or Blalock or whoever it was killed the kids confidence and any chance he had of becoming a member of the White Sox. No offense, but for his sake I hope there is more to it than just that. If the kid is that mentally weak, he wasn't going to be a major league pitcher for long anyway.
  23. The night turned out better than I thought it would, considering who the contestants were. If they would have done it any of the last few years, with some of the superior guy talent, it would have been a great night. Anyways, its hard to tell who is going home, because of the holdover week, but Jordin was by far the worst preformer last night. Chris Richardson was also just awful. The Divas were surprisingly good, as I thought this would be a horrible week for them. Phil Stacey also had a pretty good week, but this genre is taylor made for him. I didn't know what to think of Blake. His style totally isn't my thing, but I give him props for the talent he has.
  24. File this one under "It was just a kiss" http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200705/s1912815.htm

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.