Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. HEY A@@HOLE! If you want to have your umbrella open, at least have the deceny to not stand under the awnings and take up all of the dry space!
  2. I can see the firefighters on the roof from my office in the MERC office towers.
  3. I guess it is actually a cooling tower on top of the building.
  4. Really big building fire going on downtown, in the west loop. Helicopter and gapers all over the place. Supposedly some of the Chicago news sites have live feeds going on.
  5. Well on the bright side, San Fransisco will still be interested when he gets out...
  6. QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:07 AM) Let's see if the gas prices drop as fast as they went up yesterday. Tuesday AM, $2.45. When I left for home yesterday, $2.79. I managed to find one station that hadn't raised their price yet, but this morning, they were $2.79 like everyone else. Yesterday has nothing to do with the rise in gas prices. The gasoline futures are up 50% since their lows because of a mix of things. The Iran thing has just been icing on the cake.
  7. QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 05:13 PM) You conveniently left out that a first baseman has to dive for a ball, and a catcher doesn't. Diving is definitely a skill that you get better at with experience. I have seen catchers dive for things like popped up bunts, and foul pop ups.
  8. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 01:43 PM) Or ask a travel agent. That's on Soxtalk. And named Rex Kickass. ^ He kicks ass
  9. Is the identity protection a part of the law today?
  10. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 09:11 AM) Now I know what you're going to do to me when I crack up and have to go to the old fogey's home... Who told you?
  11. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 09:24 AM) Again, no. They would have found other pet projects to buy the necessary votes, regardless of these. Yeah, I agree. I am sure there would have been a Issac C Elston mueseum needed in Michigan City or some other crap they would have dug up to pay someone off for a vote, on either side of the aisle.
  12. No comments from last night yet? Gwen Steffani was kind of a fun mentor for them. I like the fact that she didn't pull any punches like most of the guests do. Plus that look she had last night was HOT. She needs to ditch that grungy thing, and stick with this! On to the preformances. I think Gina was the one who stood out last night as having a great night. She is either way up, or way down depending on what song she chooses to sing. Paula finally said something intelligent last night, probably for the first time since about season 2, and that was about Sanjaya. She hit it right on the head when she said he needs to "go for it". He sings in this tiny little range, and he sounds so pathetic next to the others who actually try to do something big. He was still by far the worst singer last night. Phil Stacey also gave a great preformance last night, and sounded a lot like Sting with that Police song. Chris Sligh was terrible last night. He was all over the place. Haley is just lucky she is good looking. Melinda and Lakisha did their usual bang up jobs. Jordin's preformance was great last night. It was lots of fun, and I think I liked her version better than Stefani's. Chris Richardson bores me to death, and I have no idea what people see in him. He is very mediocre and limited. Blake had an off week too, as the arrangement he chose was boring, and put no range into it. It didn't show him off at all. Bottom 3 should be Sanjaya, Haley, and Chris Sligh.
  13. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 10:34 PM) I assume it will be Logan and Aardsma and I'd be dissapointed if those guys aren't up. I think Floyd and Sisco should be down in AAA working in the rotation and working on the stuff Coop is working with them on. I couldn't have said it any better myself. I would rather have the 5th starter candidates down in Charlotte streched out and ready versus wasting them in the pen when we have relievers who have put up comperable numbers during the spring.
  14. I guess this is a pretty tense thing. A rumor got out last night that some sort of military action was taking place, and everything went nuts. Crude went up $5 a barrel on the overnights, along with the dollar getting crushed, gold and silver rallying, and stocks getting punished. Turns out it wasn't true, but it made for an interesting evening. http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8O4PVHG7.htm
  15. Hopefully they make a movie out of the rebuttal site, which destroyed pretty much all of their arguements.
  16. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 02:09 PM) Dumb question: but is it possible that a lot of these excess spending items might have been avoided had an actual budget been passed this fiscal year? No, because the same stuff happens in the budget bills.
  17. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 05:11 PM) Well, then let's get a fully public campaign financing system set up so that we no longer have to worry about Congressmen voting solely to appease their donors. Or a line item veto...
  18. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 12:26 PM) So, I'm just curious...am I the only person left in the world who actually thinks its important for some side to come forwards with some evidence about the actual position where this incident happened? The Brits haven't done so yet, and neither have the Iranians, but both have made claims on the position of the incident, and their position relative to the coastlines (on what is in fact a disputed border) is certainly a key to learning who is the one being the aggressor here. From what I understand, both sides know exactly where they were, but the waters are claimed by both Iran and Iraq historically.
  19. QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 12:10 PM) I meant the Iranian people in general aren't dumb enough to believe that 15 British soldiers were going to do anythign about it. I DO believe the Iranian government is stupid (and crazy) enough to believe that this ploy will work. The problem is that there is no such thing as an independant media to even start to portray this as an accident, or whatever it was. The ayatollahs approve all news coverage, and you can bet your bottom dollar that this is getting reported as an act of British aggression that was bravely met by the heroic Iranians... or something.
  20. If you really want to look at it, all of spring training is "meaningless". None of the games or ABs count for a damned thing. Hall could have been out their catching and had some kid with a number in the 80's decide to try to leave a lasting impression and go Torii Hunter on Toby at home plate. Stuff happens. I know Ozzie was thinking that in the oddities of a season, he would like to have the option of having another right handed 1B so that if he wanted to bat someoone else for Thome against a tough lefty, he could also give Pauly a psuedo day off by putting him at DH. Heck no one is talking about Uribe about blowing out his knee on a routine pop up to the OF at all. He could have just as easily slipped and blew out his ACL and instead he twisted his ankle. Injuries are a part of the game, and it just sucks that it had to be Hall.
  21. QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 11:59 AM) It might be a ploy, but I really doubt the Iranians are that stupid. I am concerned about what role China and Russia will play in the unfolding Iran drama. Actually I don't think it is stupid, I think you hit it on the head in your first post... unstable. People do stupid things when they feel threatened, and this guy is threatened and half insane. Not a good combo.
  22. I like green eggs and ham.
  23. Personally I would have told the guy to go get help as well...
  24. Personally I think this a calculated ploy for ahmadinejad to be able to claim some sort of a "victory" over the west and prop up his sagging approval ratings back home. Nothing unites a country like a common enemy.
  25. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 10:55 AM) This has been brought up before. That sort of thinking is what got us into the Iraq mess: act militarily without considering what that means down the road. Do you think that Iran would just stand idley by while their navy was destroyed? Iran is not Iraq. They still have a functioning air force, and a large military. No way they'd just take the pounding and not act. And in Iraq, the Brits means US as well. Well to spin that question around, do you think Iran would stand by while the British seized one of their ships and 15 sailors?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.