Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
The Al Gore discussion, split from GOP/DEM
Some good stuff on China http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/business...;pagewanted=all
-
Houses cost less than cars in Det
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 12:16 PM) Nightmares... Its pretty much the exact same situation as Detroit, except on about 1/10 scale. Its sad really.
-
ARod interview
ARod and Borass aren't stupid. They didn't want a trade, because they want him preforming for his last contract on the worlds biggest stage.
-
Sox make 7 roster moves
Boy they haven't gotten anywhere on deciding the end of the bullpen and the 5ht starter. It ought to be really interesting to see how they find innings for these guys.
-
Houses cost less than cars in Det
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 09:58 AM) Smells like an investment opportunity to me, if you have the cash. I mean, Detroit is in shambles, but $7,000 for a house on a city lot?! You don't even have to go that far. Look at real estate in Gary IN.
-
The Al Gore discussion, split from GOP/DEM
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 11:58 AM) That was the argument in the 1960s. However, we managed to clean up our environment to a tremendous degree and grow our economy. Scrubbers on coal plants would destroy the coal industry. Gore makes a statement that the US is uniquely positioned as the world's leading super power. If someone disagrees with that, tell me who we should take a backseat to and follow? We must be leaders and set the agenda and that is also the best defense against your hypothesis of economic ruin. We sure did, and a excellent point you make. BTW, whatever happened to all of those manufacturing and heavy industry companies we cleaned up?
-
To catch a con-man
So everyone has seen the Dateline series to Catch a Predator, well this one focuses exclusively on spam and scam artists. They actually go after the people who send those emails offering huge rewards for helping them get "their money" out of a sticky situation.\ http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17713446/
-
Houses cost less than cars in Det
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...in_detroit.html
-
The best pitched inning in Sox history/Your thoughts
QUOTE(Beltin @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 09:18 AM) People here promote all kinds of crap in their signatures/avatars and it is their prerogative. Much of it is muted promotion of sex, tv shows, college teams, etc. and none of it has to do with the White Sox. Until you pointed it out, I did not even notice the link in his signature. I am not familiar with WSI but I do know I enjoy threads started by StatManDu far more than I like enduring one thread after another debating the OF and 5th starter. Please leave the man alone. Yeah, its mostly a creative difference between the two sites. We leave stuff much more up to the people here than WSI does. Not that either one of us is any better or worse, its just the way we do things. Personally I have no problems (nor the rest of us who run this place) with a little self-promotion for contributing members. Personally I think it is a cool statement of the capabilities, diversity, and energies of this group. Heck if I have a question about something, even non-baseball related, usually I ask here first.
-
Brian Anderson
Anderson isn't going anywhere, yet.
-
Stocks and investing thread
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 08:51 AM) But I have a feeling that PHT will be hopping today, with the roster reduction to 28. So at least you have some distraction. Energy inventory numbers come out this morning as well, hopefully that will give us a bit of a pop. I am looking foward to the roster moves. This year is a lot more up in the air than it has been in a while.
-
THIS DATE IN WHITE SOX HISTORY: MARCH 21
That Ventura injury was gut-wrenching to say the least. The day he came back was one of my favorite all-time games.
-
Stocks and investing thread
2 day Fed meetings are the absolute most boring days in the world to work in this industry it needs to be 1:15 already
-
Mackowiak as POSSIBLE trade piece - speculative
I don't like the sound of that deal as it really takes away from our infield depth. Besides how many more OFs do we really need? Geesh.
-
Legacy Brick Program
Does anyone have a price list for the various bricks? Also is there a deadline to have your money in by? TIA.
-
Kris Honel
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 03:29 AM) No, that's only if you remember Aaron Myette and Lorenzo Barcelo Ah the young pups... Anyways, it seems crazy to think that Kris is only 24. He might be an interesting candidate for a big time sleeper season, though usually it take another year for the arm to get back to full strength and capability. Even at 25, he still has a very nice shot at making something of himself.
-
Hammer Time ~ His New Book
"This thread is whack, yo"
-
Honest Electrician?
2nd.shortest.thread.ever (the shortest being the "honest politician thread")
-
Brian Anderson's Injury
QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:55 PM) I get what you're trying to say here Addy - there's a state of morals and ethics that players have to live up to, and Anderson may or may not have ever accomplished/completed/otherpasttenseverb'ed. I understand that. But what you also need to acknowledge is that Ozzie Guillen, more than almost anyone else in baseball, has played favorites when favorites should not have been played. Do we really know that? I know we all follow the Sox closer than anything in the world, but there are situations where guys are starting when they really shouldn't be doing so. Organziations fall in love with their own guys, force managers to play higher priced players over younger players, jettison troublemakers etc on a regular basis. I think we also get more focus on these kind of things for a few reason, such as playing in a larger market, with an active media, and having outspoken guys as GM and MGR, vs other organizations who would have covered up Anderson's transgressions.
-
White Sox @ A's
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:56 PM) Sorry, I was also assuming, as Oz and I think KW have said, that Anderson only makes the roster as a starter. Therefore, I'm hoping he makes the roster as that starting CF, with Erstad being the backup CF, 1B and other assorted OF. Ah, I understand now. Ideally I would like to see them break camp with Anderson as the starter in CF, and Pods in LF, and Erstad doing a sort of super-sub thing playing in CF, LF, RF, and 1B to give guys a day off here and there. We could even work it so that we see Erstad about 5 days a week if Ozzie wants to give him his ABs.... something like two days at CF, a or day or two in LF, and a day a 1B (spelling Konerko one week while PK DHs, and Thome the next) and then PHs ABs and defensive substitutions as needed. Anderson would still get his 5 starts a week, and Ozzie would get his grinder fix. I am not sure if the problems with Anderson have been corrected or not, so I don't know if this is even something taht is being looked at seriously.
-
White Sox @ A's
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:53 PM) I wouldn't mind Ozuna/Erstad in LF, but, Pods is a lock for the roster. So I'm focused on that 25th spot. The only real considerations for it at this point, I think, are Terrero, Anderson and Perez. Of those three, I'll take Anderson in a heartbeat. if the spot is for the 25th man, keep Terrero in Chicago, and let Anderson play everyday in Charlotte. one sure way to stunt his growth is to put him in the Ross Gload move of playing once a week.
-
White Sox @ A's
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 04:29 PM) Bottom 5. Swisher to 2nd on a wild pitch. Tnx B!
-
White Sox @ A's
I see the score is 4-1 Oakland, what is the inning?
-
Question about grass (not that kind)
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 03:37 PM) There are a lot of people like that. And I'll bet Grandma FlaSoxxJim has a sayin' . . . If this soils a rockin', its time to come knockin'!
-
AAP: Brandon Allen
I know Brandon had a disappointing 2006 season, and I was curious if anyone had seen him during the spring, and/or heard anything about where he was going to play in 2007?