Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Nice gesture by Ortiz.
  2. http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2237937.html?menu=
  3. Your first problem is caring what Cub fans think. Your second problem is caring about what happens off of the field, instead of on it.
  4. I AM A JELLY DONUT! [idiot]
  5. Kerry Wood's celebrity Hot Tub
  6. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 11:40 AM) Not to spin this into a comparative worth discussion, but that would be interesting as well, throughout history some of the most valuable citizens were not formally educated. I'm thinking more along the lines of let's all pay the same amount in taxes. $1000, whatever. No one pays any more, or anyless, than another. That's the total gross income, now put together government services based on that amount. $1000X 300 million people = $300 billion annually, which is a little bit more than the deficit we ran last year (about $240B if I remember right.) Our spending budget for fiscal 2008 is about $2.9 trillion, or about $10,000 per person.
  7. Hopefully the kid is OK.
  8. Ah, only weeks away from baseball.
  9. QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 04:28 PM) Are people honestly comparing Danks/Floyd to our 5th starters of old including guys like Grilli, Schoenweiess, Dan Wright, and Felix Diaz? Danks and Floyd are light years more talented than these guys. FWIW, I think Dan Wrights problems were more from his arms falling off, versus lack of stuff.
  10. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 08:59 AM) As Wikipedia will tell you, Jesus was born between 2 and 8 BC. Thus my question is, HOW could Jesus live for 2 to 8 years before Christ. Is this one of those things that you just say that's why he's Jesus? I wish I could live 2 to 8 years before myself. He's Jesus, duh!
  11. I am glad someone posted that goal, that is my favorite of all time.
  12. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 05:39 PM) I agree, although the first two albums are solid throughout. Lots of great songs there. "More Than A Feeling" still takes me back to my teenage years - EARLY teen years, but teenage nonetheless... Hey Grandpa, tell us about the 1970's again
  13. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17696092/ plus there is this little kicker http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB115...ff_main_tff_top http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...vc&refer=us
  14. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 06:02 PM) How about we practice what we preach and seperate state from religion? I don't think not paying attention to something is "ignorant," and there are more important things students should learn in school other than religion. Nope, that is pretty much exactly what it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance
  15. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 03:06 PM) If it weren't for gambling, the NFL would be FAR less popular than MLB. The only sport in this country whose popularity isn't based on gambling is baseball, and professional ball to be specific, which is why I still say baseball is THE great American game even today. The reason the Super Bowl is the most popular thing going is because of square pools and the odd proposition betting. I agree with you 100%. Fantasy football is also a huge driver of the NFL, who has embraced it, unlike MLB who has fought it.
  16. I think the last spot is the only one that is up in the air Jenks Thornton MacDougal are all givens Logan Massett are in unless something big happens -Aardsma has the easiest road to the pen, but has a little bit of work to do. -Sisco would be much better served in Charlotte starting for a year, but if Ozzie wants a third lefty, he would have to be it. -Haegar would be my personal favorite for the pen, but I get the feeling they either want him as the fifth starter, or working as in Charlotte as a starter. -Floyd is either the fifth starter, or the #1 starter in Charlotte. -Tracey has pretty much zero chance, same with Heath Phillips
  17. Kind of an interesting story here... Literally as we speak there is an effort in Congress to force the Ex-Presidents and VPs to speed up the release of the documents related to their administration. This effort is being spearheaded by Dems currently in Congress. More here at link The interesting part is that the spouse of our last President is refusing to release her documents, pretty much across teh board. A few of the tribulations of team Clinton are among the things that have received silence or denials when requests have been filed. http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/na...ionalnews-print
  18. QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 02:02 PM) since when have rating been used to measure the popularity of the tournament?? ESPN had something like over 15 million brackets filled out this year. If it wasn't for the bracket contests, the NCAA tourney would be as popular as the NBA finals.
  19. Hey Nuke, I saw you on here today and was curious about the perseption of things over there among you guys and the general populous. What is the initial impressions on results of the troop surge? Is is helping, hurting, no difference? How is the training of Iraqi's going? Are the desertion rates, and the stories of them not learning accurate at all? How is the infrastructure work going? Are things like streets, oil industry, schools etc getting built? Anything else you want to throw out there?
  20. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 17, 2007 -> 11:17 PM) Yeah that's some bulls*** right there. Apparently a whole lot of scouts and members of the media also have man crushes on Rich Hill because he's been touted as one of the better pitcher prospects currently in the bigs (despite being 27). And to say that anyone who like Rob Mackowiak as a player simply has a man crush on him -- and because he's a Cub killer? -- is just ridiculous. I like him because he's pretty good at baseball why the hell does that have to be a man crush? What about the people who irrationally dislike players like Mackowiak what's that all about? What's the opposite of a man crush. Irrational hatred.
  21. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 10:44 AM) Indeed. If I had to restrict myself to one everyday American micro, it would be Sierra Pale. Bigfoot is out and about now, btw. Snatch it up while you can! I'm going to make a crazy suggestion here I know, but have you thought about rinsing off one of the old straws to keep around for just such an emergency?? I know that's always been my strategy for when I discover I'm down to my last rubber anyway. . . I just go buy more garbage bags ?!?!?
  22. QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 10:38 AM) Obama ad. i liked it FWIW, the Obama camp has disavowed anything to do with this ad. That being said, this is a pretty well thought out ad.
  23. From what I keep hearing about Owens, he needs to go back to AAA. I keep reading how he is behind in ABs and needs to play, so let's let him play. I would rather see a guy like Terrero buried on the bench vs Anderson or Owens. Let the kids play.
  24. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 01:13 PM) Not if you do it right its not. I understand the idea that if they are paying virtually no income tax anyway, that would be hard to do. Frankly, it would require a re-working of how sales and use taxes are done across the board, at all levels of goverment. And becuase of that, it will probably never happen. But it COULD be done in such a way that it is not a tax increase for the lowest earners, who do already pay sales and use taxes. If you are looking at that, you are talking about more than just IRS codes, you are talking about municipal, county, and state codes, which is pretty much impossible. Overhauling the tax code would be bad enough, let alone involving literally every single governmental entity in the entire country.
  25. A forward from my inbox this morning

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.