Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Alford to New Mexico?
Wow. Steve must have been close to getting canned there, because his leaving the midwest is pretty contra to the family guy I knew when he was at Manchester. Good luck to the guy.
-
Elizabeth Edwards' cancer has returned
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 12:19 PM) I'd hope they'd not compromise treatment in any way. I'm just thinking more about time spent on the campaign trail being private time lost if it turns out they have a finite amount. I can see Mrs. Edwards looking past herself and thinking that carrying on with the campaign is to the greater good, but I hope it's not a decision they will regret. That's kind of what I was trying to say. Family>politics no matter what.
-
NY Times calls for Attorney General's dismissal.
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 11:52 AM) Umm, no. The issue is whether or not the AG lied to Congress. There are a number of emails and testimony that could put some meat behind this argument. Regardless, the White House is gonna fight Congress about subpoenas now. The Senate is going to issue them, the White House is going to court about them, with the argument, we offered them voluntary testimony without an oath or a written transcript. The White House argument is looking more and more like they're saying they have the right to lie to Congress. AG lied and nobody died? This is so similar to the Clinton impeachment its not even funny. The shoes are now on the other foot, and both sides are uber-outraged for the cameras. Its rather humerous actually. There is one funny thing about those supenas that Lehey is threatening everyone with... guess who enforces them? The Attorney General. Personally I feel that if Gonzalez, or anyone else lied to Congress, they should be prosecuted, not that it amounts to much. But then again I also felt Bill Clinton should have been convicted of the same types of crimes (perjury, obstruction etc), but what do I know?
-
Elizabeth Edwards' cancer has returned
Hopefully she is comfortable, and the campaign doesn't take John away from her too much.
-
LOST! thread
Ben's character is a nice combo of well written and well acted. He is one of those guys who you can feel sorry for one minute, and then root for something bad to happen to in the next minute. I think he is honestly my favorite character of the whole cast. Its either that or Sawyer.
-
NY Times calls for Attorney General's dismissal.
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 11:01 AM) Well, the Attorney General seems to have lied to Congress, that is fairly illegal. Nah, it was just a firing.
-
2008 Presidential Announcement Thread.
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 10:51 AM) According to the not 100% reliable Washington newspaper The Politico (link probably dead from Drudge swamping) Edwards will suspend his campaign.
-
LOST! thread
QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 10:24 AM) you know what I think? I think there are a lot of fans that caught up with the show through dvds, and when you are flyin through a season a bad episode you don't notice as much cause you are caught up in the whole season. Then when we have to do the week to week stuff the individual episodes are so much more important. That hurley/van episode wouldn't have bothered me at all if i had 10 more episodes to just play whenever I wanted. That makes a lot of sense actually. I know I watched the first season on DVD and it was a lot harder to stick through the second season with commericials, weeks off, and the like. QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 10:34 AM) I believe the magic box was more rhetorical as Ben knew what John would think. The Locke character is what I believe is the whole jist of the show. Is Locke a pawn that Ben can manipulate easily or is Locke the know all of the secrets of the island and therefore driving Ben crazy???? I really do not undersand the Others are they part of Dharma or aren't they? Also, what the hell has Rousseau been doing for 16 years that she has never found Otherville? Jesus woman get out once and a while. good theory on Locke. That really boils it down well. On Rouseeau, she seems like she was content to hide as much as possible. She was more worried about surviving vs finding out stuff.
-
For GOP only
So they have found the maker of the Apple/Hillary ad, and it is a Democratic operative with links to Obama. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070322/D8O16DSG0.html
-
Freddy Garcia Thread
Wow if Freddy is still only hitting 88, I take back everything I said about a big year this year.
-
For GOP only
Another pledge bites the dust...
-
LOST! thread
QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 08:48 AM) Lost save me from deleting it off my DVR season pass. I really liked last night's episode, although I have become less and less interested in what happens in the flashbacks. One thing I have learned with this show is that you can't think of it as individual episodes. With a plot as complex as they have, they need time to build story line and details. A season is really a show, and sometimes it take a couple of weeks to get enough stuff out there to build a good climax. They have been setting up this weeks episode for 3 or 4 weeks now. I have found I like the show a lot better with that kind of perspective, instead of thinking that each week has to have something huge in it. Also the flashbacks are key in lots of respects. Think of all of the Locke flashbacks for example. If we don't have those, the scene where Ben reveals John's Dad to him would have made zero sense.
-
2008 Presidential Announcement Thread.
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 09:05 AM) John Edwards and his wife are scheduled to hold a press conference today, following Mrs. Edwards' discussions with her doctor about her breats cancer. This may or may not effect his bid for the Presidency. In any case, I certainly hope for the best for Elizabeth Edwards' health. For her health.
-
<3 Chicago Police: Brutal
There should be zero leiency because this guy is in fact an officer. They need to throw the book at him, and give him maxed out sentences.
-
Have an opening day beer - at Jimbo's!
Sounds like someone is mad they couldn't drink on their cousins ID....
-
NY Times calls for Attorney General's dismissal.
So nothing illegal happened to trigger an investigation, and they want to impeach/prosecute for what happened during the investigation... LMAO. If you can't beat em, join em!
-
"Renovated Cell" photo gallery on chicagosports.com
QUOTE(zimne piwo @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 06:50 PM) Believe it or not, there's actually a "White Sox Fan" who disagrees and actually thinks it's a "disgrace" and a "despicable move" to honor the two greatest home runs in White Sox history with the blue seats. http://media.www.pucchronicle.com/media/st...e-2726651.shtml Of course this knob also talks about how the rest of the seats were "painted green", he downplays the importance of those "playoff" home runs and he misspells "old Commisky Park". If this tool really is a Sox fan and is truly embarrassed, maybe we'll all recognize him by the paper bag over his head. Geesh, look at his picture. If you looked like that you would be angry too!
-
Soxtalk Softball Info
There are two separate things that everyone is invited to. At noon there is a the Soxtalk/WSI charity softball game. the softball game is taking place at the park which is two blocks directly north of the ballpark. You can't miss it. At 4:30 pm the gates open and the annual WSI patio party will take place (which we are all invited to), and then if you order tickets to that, you also will get tickets for the baseball game at 6pm. The WSI thread has all of the information about tickets to the game/patio party, and this one has all of the info for the softball game. You do NOT have to go to both events, all though everyone is welcome to do so.
-
Kris Honel
QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:49 PM) No kidding. How many remember when Doug Drabek was a Sox prospect? [Raises hand] Heck my first memories of Comiskey Park are from the year of the South Side Hitmen. Now granted that doesn't put me in YASNY, Texsox, or Flaxx territory, but sometimes it can make me feel old here. QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 07:10 PM) What happened to Corwin Malone's bright future? Injuries, correct? Injuries and a complete lack of control.
-
LOST! thread
HOLY f***ING s*** WAS THAT EPISODE AWESOME!!!! Wow, where to start? -You could just tell that something has been up for a while with John Locke. He has been doing stupid things for too long now for it to just be a coincidence, and of course as usual with LOST I totally missed it. His whole back and forth with Ben could be analyzed forever, but it boils down to Ben is a fricken awesome character. You really don't know when he is playing the game, or when he is telling the truth. The ending with Ben showing Locke his father was the Coup De Grace. (I did call that one though). It will be really interesting to see if Ben lets John have a crack at his Daddy. -The line Ben had about releasing Jacks friends when Jack and Juliet left the island was perfect. It caught Jack off guard, but he never got it, now we get to see how Ben handles this. Does he still let them go, even though there is no where to go? -The key question for this week is what is the Magic Box, and is it real? I know there is more stuff I forgot, but we'll start with that.
-
Soxtalk Softball Info
The Day of the event is Saturday May 26th. Softball at noon, baseball at 6pm. We do have the official word that the softball game will be taking place at Amour Park. We do have the official reservation done, and a HUGE thanks to Molto for being our point man on that project. Even if you have not already expressed interest, please feel free to come on down to the game, or even put your name on the list to play, in case other people cannot make it. Remember this is for Chicago Cancer baseball charities, so even if you can't make it, you could always send a donation, or show up to cheer us on in person.
-
Bears trade for Archuleta
QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 02:23 PM) The Bears only got to pay him 8 million over 3 years. Thats not bad. With only $5 million guarenteed.
-
Sox make 7 roster moves
QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 02:10 PM) I think all he means is that Floyd was/is going to be given the benefit of the doubt, unless he sucked major, which he hasn't. The way KW pepped up Floyd and said even when he gave up a lot of runs that he is on track, makes me believe Floyd was had a 80% winning the 5th starter spot. Benefit of the doubt is way different than decided long ago. We have four starting pitchers hanging aroud, at the deteriment of each other, and that saids that nothing has been decided.
-
Sox make 7 roster moves
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:35 PM) Fifth starter was decided a long time ago, IMO. If Russell, Haegar, Danks, and Floyd are all still around, nothing has been decided. They wouldn't want all of the extra guys around competing for innings if this were a done deal. That would be completely counter productive to all of them.
-
Rowand to the Sox??
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:47 PM) Thank you god. ^^^