southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Bobby Hebert: "If you don't root for the Saints, you're n
Bobby who?
-
Are we really out of contention this coming season?
QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 08:06 AM) wow, I would love to see that post, because I cannot fathom what you thought made us worse by that many games going into 2006. Actually I based it on my noticing the pitching was faltering during spring training. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1068724
-
Official NHL Thread
QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 07:58 AM) I think having him healthy and on the ice would do more to kill the deal... Sad, but true. QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 08:01 AM) No because if I remember correctly didn't JOSE THEODORE get traded while he was still on the IR from Montreal to Colorado?? Maybe hockey works differently, but I thought you couldn't do that?
-
Are we really out of contention this coming season?
QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 07:55 AM) I predicted we would win 105 games in 2006. We won 90 games. That's a difference of how many games? How many wins did you predict for the 2006 season? 86-88.
-
For GOP only
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 07:40 AM) OK, so, I don't like Hillary. Of the Dem candidates, I think she may actually be my least favorite. I'd rather have Obama, Edwards, Biden, Richardson, Kucinich or almost anyone else. But... "Her Thighness"? I'm having a hard time not finding that a little offensive. Did Edwards actually write that piece?! I'll just reiterate what I have said before in here about Edwards. He is a likeable candidate who has as good a shot as anyone, because he is seen as a charming southern family man who looks out for the poor. Unfortunately, in reality, I don't think there is enough going on behind that pretty facade of his. I don't think he's bright enough, or has the right leadership skills, to be even remotely effective as an executive. I won't be voting for him. He didn't actually write it, but the author sure seems to imply that is what he is supporting. Even if he is remotely in that camp, I want zero part of him.
-
For GOP only
John Edwards has just proven to me he has no idea how an economy/economics works, and there is zero chance I now would EVER vote for him, if he appears on any part of a Presidential ballot. http://blog.johnedwards.com/story/2007/1/6/104531/0287
-
American Idol
The show gets more forced and contrived every year. The ratings downfalls should really start soon as people get bored with the same things every year.
-
Official NHL Thread
QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 12:51 AM) Rumor from Bob Mac.....would great if true but I am not holding my breath. Got this off Stuy's board. To Montreal: D - Adrian Aucoin To Chicago: LW - Sergei Samsonov D - Craig Rivet More on the rumour Bob just said that the Habs have been speaking to the Blackhawks about Adrian Aucoin, who has another 2 years at 4mil on his deal. The teams would be able to swap problems as Aucoin's been a healthy scratch recently. He said the Habs would be interested since they have so many upcoming FA D-men and would like to have at least one under contract Aucoin is on IR now... I think that kills this deal, no?
-
2008 Presidential Announcement Thread.
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 06:39 AM) I think it's that reason combined with the fact that in 2012 he would be running against an incumbent...Dem or GOP and in 2016 he'd be up against that VP, probably. The field is as wide open as ever right now. I think the country is ready for something different. No Bush, no Clinton, no Kerry, no Gore. Let's start over, and try something different. Obama is a perfect guy in that respect.
-
Are we really out of contention this coming season?
QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 03:25 PM) We swapped out one of the most dominant big-game pitchers for a minor leaguer, and you act like it's an oil change. Ok. FWIW, I projected 105 wins before the 2006 season. I call it like I see it. We got worse this offseason. I hope you aren't using being wrong by 22 games to support the arguement that you are right...
-
2008 Presidential Announcement Thread.
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 08:03 PM) Of course, there's also something to be said for keeping one's resume in the Senate moderately short. In Congress, unlike say being a Governor, you vote on all sorts of compromise bills, you make all sorts of votes on different versions of bills, and they can be spun this way and that by an aggressive campaigner. It worked damn well as a method for Mr. Bush to go after Mr. Kerry as a flip-flopper, especially with the "voted for it before I voted against it" remark (there were 2 bills that came up for a vote, of course he's voting for 1 of them!) I agree with this totally. Everyone keeps saying "Its too soon, build your record" but campaigns don't work that way anymore. Its not about what you have done, its about what you have done wrong. Obama had to run now, or risk someone taking him down in between.
-
For GOP only
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 10:55 PM) I heard someone make a comment about Her Thighness going after Obama today, and I have to agree. He's going to get ran over, big-time. That's why Evan Bayh got out... he got a VP offer from Her Thighness because he's "moderate". She'll be the liberal queen during the primary and then all of a sudden go "moderate" after she locks it up, if you believe conventional wisdom. BTW, did you all notice that those two just took a trip to Iraq together? Bayh and Hillary! ? Interesting.
- Happy Birthday MrEye
-
For GOP only
John Kass on an Obama candidacy... Pretty much when you dig betweeen the sarcasm and wit, there are some real valid and interesting points made in here. The bit about him being savaged by Team Clinton is going to be an interesting occurance when it happens.
-
Iran experiencing worst "brain-drain"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6240287.stm
-
Ahmadinejad's party losing in local elections
The latest update from Iran has a movement attempting to force Ahmadinejad to testify in front of the Parliment to answer questions regarding the nuclear program... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6267105.stm
-
Castro "opted for risky surgery"
Of course this report is being challenged by the Cuban media, but it is interesting none-the-less as there has been pretty much zero official tangible news about our favorite Commie. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6270277.stm
-
Pakistani intelligence hiding Omar
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6272359.stm
-
How did you get into the Sox?
QUOTE(Jeff Liefer @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 11:08 AM) I'm pretty sure I took my first piss in a White Sox bathroom between innings as a toddler...I barely remember Old Comiskey, but the first memories I have are Sox memories...born and raised. The troughs are pretty memorable...
-
Are we really out of contention this coming season?
QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 11:20 AM) You must be incredibly incapable of either reading correctly or understanding elementary logic. Let me break it down for you. 1) all five pitchers had at least 300 total inning pitches at the major league level in 2005 2) the fifth starter will have hardly any experience pitching at the major league level in 2007 maybe you can now see how those clauses are related. You must be incapable of having someone disagree with you, or not taking things personally.... lighten up.
-
Are we really out of contention this coming season?
QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 10:53 AM) when did I ever compare 2005 to 2006 pitching wise? I said that this season wasn't going to be as good as 2005 or 2006 yes, 300 TOTAL innings. As in career. As in that means something. What do you project Vazquez's ERA to be, based on his career totals in the American League? What do you project the fifth starter's ERA to be? I project Vazquez at 5.00 and the fifth starter at about 5.00 as well AT BEST. Probably more likely is that they are around 5.25. Recommended reading on ERA average for each starting position Give this a read. If we get a 5.25 era out of the #5 spot, we are a run better than average, combined with our offense, that is a HUGE advantage for the Sox.
-
Are we really out of contention this coming season?
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 10:10 AM) post-padder Longer explanation is that we still have a great offense, the best in the division. We have a very good starting 4, plus about half a dozen guys potentially capable of putting up adequate numbers as a 5th starter. The bullpen is filled with flameflowers, and 3 guys who could be closers (or have been) on lots of teams. The defense is still very good, except for LF, and the guys really seem to like playing for Ozzie.
-
2008 Presidential Announcement Thread.
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 10:09 AM) I just see racial hate on a different level I guess. It doesn't matter how you or I view it, its all about the guy with the hate, and what it motivates him to do.
-
Are we really out of contention this coming season?
No
-
2008 Presidential Announcement Thread.
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 10:06 AM) Apparently you haven't looked into the people who elected Bush. Most of the people who would pull out a sniper rifle live in one of his states. It worries me, thats all. With all of the hate that is spewed towards Bush on a daily basis from people, I don't see that being much different than any hate that Obama would get.