Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 10:03 AM) Do you think Obama's exploratory committee is exploring whether or not he may get shot at during his campaign? I would be worried if I was a minority, there are ALOT of crazies out ther today If no one has shot at Bush, Barack should be fine.
  2. QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 01:38 PM) '94 strike? I was 21... Maybe in cat years
  3. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 08:53 AM) What suit? That's real fur! Silly me
  4. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    This site kicks ass. It is dedicated to helping people get decent customer service from different companies. The big gem it contains is 500 different companies direct to human (or close to it) phone numbers. It also contains a ton of info about how to get what you want from companies, and their message board has a ton of stories and info on it as well. Definately a site to bookmark for future reference. http://www.gethuman.com/
  5. QUOTE(Fantl916 @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 08:24 PM) I highly doubt we will deal Crede before next offseason unless we get a couple major league ready talents. It wouldnt make much sense to deal Crede when he is under our control for the next two years for Aybar + when Fields isn't ready to step in yet, regardless of the Uribe situation. Replacing Uribe's production is a far simpler task than replacing Crede's, both offesnively and defensively. If i had to speculate we will probably wait until next year when Fields is to the point where he plays periodically in both the outfield and giving Crede days rest. If he performs well the possibility of Crede being dealt would increase. But truthfully, I see Crede as a player KW may let walk after the 2008 season rather than try and trade him for prospects and leaving our ML team with a void. Welcome to Soxtalk
  6. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 03:55 PM) I enjoy it. I've shopped there many times. I try to stay away from the $1200.00 shirts. Do they carry 12X to fit over the suit?
  7. We just got your garden variety 3 inches of snow. It ended up being a big non-event as far as the forcast was telling us.
  8. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 05:03 PM) Carlos Zambrano submitted a $15.5M arbitration figure which is HUGE. This is the first sign I've seen from the Zambrano camp that they are serious about cashing in on Carlos' impending free agency. All the figures that had been tossed around before were pretty damn disappointing (less than Zito). If Carlos' camp gets serious about this he could end up the largest contract ever handed out to a starting pitcher (which will only last until the '08-09 offseason.) If he's going to re-sign, I want to see him clean the Cubs out. The crazy thing is that his number is low when compared to what he is going to be able to get in this FA market. $20 million per year is entirely possible. His peripherals are nasty, he puts up great W/L playing for a s***ty team, and he gives you 200+ innings every year. He could be looking at $150 million in FA next season.
  9. QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 03:55 PM) But why did they announce the 09 All-Star game before the 08 one? I imagine they wanted to wait as long as possible to make sure that indeed '08 was the last season for Yankee Stadium
  10. 3rd generation Sox fan.
  11. Crude traded as low as $50.50 today, with it settleing at a new 19 month low of $51.21. Gasoline traded under $1.3500 for a while, before ended up at $1.3693. Damn there must be an election around the corner or something...
  12. 25,000 a big deal? maybe in a year Congrats spamsox!
  13. Even as a biased baseball fan, you HAVE to have an AS game at Yankee Stadium in its last year. It wouldn't be right otherwise.
  14. This is really bad news. If all they are announcing is a one year deal, that means we couldn't get a multi-year deal done. Bye-bye Joe.
  15. To be honest, this has to go on more than we ever can imagine. Corporate spying is done by most governments outside of the US because many countries either heavily subsidize, or even own key industries and companies.
  16. Interesting. I only know of one other guy who was negotitated by JR... (I am guessing that if Kenny isn't negotiating this deal, the big boss is.)
  17. southsider2k5 replied to matt's topic in SLaM
    Two guys, a girl, and a Pizza Place
  18. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:36 PM) I just "Scruted" the interview, didnt I? I dont know where that word came from, people just use it around the office when they mess things up. Pfft. We have been saying "Gaged" around these parts for almost 5 years now.
  19. QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 09:19 PM) Crazy. I never would of guessed you could drink water to death, or drink yourself to death...or, I give up. It is actually a serious illness. There are people who are not allowed to bathe by themselves because they try to drink up all of the water. It's one of the stranger things I have ever heard of, but it does exsist.
  20. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    Saw "A night at the Mueseum" over the weekend. I liked it better than I thought I would. It was a little predictable and cheesey at parts, but still a nice rental IMO.
  21. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 04:48 PM) A sweetheart deal in a bill that she didn't author and whose "exclusion" was placed in by the delegate of the affected area which has been overturned. If this was business in usual, that exclusion would still be there. No, not at all. If things were different, they wouldn't be already trying to get around their own rules for political gain.
  22. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 01:49 PM) I just read about that on nbc5.com. What would cause that to happen? I know it sounds funny, but there is a very presise technique based on height and weight of the hangee. There is very precise placement of the rope, size of the knot, length of the noose, length of the rope from noose to wooden pole. Getting these things wrong can result in what you saw here (decapititation) or the neck not breaking and the victim being strangled to death instead.
  23. QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 08:35 PM) So today I started my final semester of high school and had my first day of Media Arts. I got seated across from an extremely preppy "cool" girl. After looking around and seeing who was in the class she said to her cool friend, "Ugh, there are only three people in this class"....inferring that anyone in the class who was not cool could not be recognized as a human being. There were roughly 25 other kids in the classroom, but they don't count for anything in her eyes. I just chuckled to myself and smiled when I heard her say that because it was so ridiculous that it was funny. Greatest years of your life, my ass. God I hated HS, and people like that were exactly why.
  24. This was just in the Sunday Trib http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi...1&cset=true

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.