Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:04 AM) Thats cause nerdy girls can be really hot. So you are probably right about the guys. Still I don't see why they wouldn't consider changing it up for a season just as a change of pace. They couldn't find enough smart girls to make that show
  2. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:53 AM) What I love about Jack Bauer is that 24 hours can pass and he doesn't ever need to eat, drink, sleep, or go to the bathroom. This is what his sixth day in a row like that? Those mystical Satirs have nothing on him! LMAO. Can you imagine if they had an episode with Jack in the bathroom for like 20 minutes.
  3. Dubai is HUGE money. They are undertaking some absolutely incredible projects over there right now, including the rumored biggest building in the world.
  4. southsider2k5 replied to bmags's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:55 AM) The thing looks neat, but the way I see it. Phones are to be used as phones. I'll give it text messaging - but that's it! Seeing as I hate cellphones, because people can call you on them... I don't even like that functionality
  5. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:06 AM) Good point. PL is too adult for kids and too simple for adults. Not sure who the target audience is supposed to be. Gage?
  6. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:11 AM) Without Randle you guys would have been toast. Damn, it would have been nice to have that road win. Durant >>> Oden right now at basketball. Of course Oden plays a tougher position and has all the skill sets so he'll be the #1 pick, but a team will be getting an absolute superstar when they draft Durant. I heard a Jordan=Durant, Oden=Olajuwon comparison from the 84 draft the other day... It will be interesting to see how that plays out.
  7. Any of the ones who have gone to ultra-skinny. Ribs are not sexy, unless they are covered in BBQ sauce.
  8. QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 09:58 AM) Looks like David Beckham is going to the LA galaxy in a deal that will pay him 250 million dollars. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...465&cc=5901 Wow. This could be the move that mainstreams soccer in the US.
  9. http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa...260BBCDB1E0E553
  10. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 09:30 AM) They didn't get any of them. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6251077.stm f sakes... It figures. At least it wasn't our officials saying that they had done it.
  11. QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 05:18 AM) Expect the complete opposite of this. The venue has changed and the attendance limited to combat the problems of the last 2 years. This one will likely be the best since the ones of the mid 90's. Those were fun. I am guessing it is going to be way better this year, not many people are going to be able to go between the way smaller venue, and the way more expensive prices to attend. I know I am priced out of the market. I might be able to get up for an evening, but no way can I afford that kind of money for the Fest itself.
  12. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO the Tommy Slam
  13. QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 07:54 AM) Him and (my guess) 80% of the rest of the MLB players, I'll toss in there any professional sports player, don't take responsibility, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Sure. I know there is more we don't hear about because of their name, but in general, I agree. QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 08:07 AM) Why is Bonds not suing the s*** out of the people who have tarnished his image and give him illegal substance that could kill him without telling him what the stuff is???????????? I wonder if Sweeney is going to put a nice libel suit out there or at least theft or trespassing charges should be brought up. The write up on SI.com makes it sound like Bonds took it from Sweeney's locker, not Sweeney gave it to him... That was real interesting IMO. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/base...ines/index.html
  14. You'll have to argue with Comed then... http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...1&cset=true
  15. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 05:13 PM) Is Smith eligible already? I imagine he should be, but maybe I'm wrong, because the guy definitely deserves to be in the HOF (2nd most saves in baseball history). He was the steadiest closer of his time and aside from Rivera and Hoffman I can't name two other closers that were steadier ever. He has been for years... This time he was just under 40% of the voters ballots.
  16. QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 04:02 PM) Hello Admins! Could we start 2007 with a name change? If so, could you please change my name to Alpha Dog Thanks! Frank aka EvilMonkey (for now?) No more EvilMonkey?
  17. I think Brandon Allen has fallen far enough off of the map to now be considered a sleeper. I imagine this has to be his make or break year. If he doesn't recover, he is done in baseball pretty much.
  18. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 06:54 PM) Here's All I could find from Rogers on Rasner: Toss in an article from Some texan site: IN other words this is the guy that people complain that we never draft...
  19. I just wish he would take responsibility for what was in his body, just once. You would think after blaming the steroids on not knowing what something was, he wouldn't be unknown pills from other people anymore. (if that is really how the story went)
  20. southsider2k5 replied to bmags's topic in SLaM
    Also FYI, it was Cisco not Siemans that had the TM on Iphone before Apple, and now they are suing...
  21. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 08:26 PM) No, I have electric choice in Texas, ComEd is charging less *and* funding community projects. And because they haven't been able to get a rate increase in something like 10 years, they are on the verge of bankruptcy from it.
  22. QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 02:11 PM) 3 games lost due to an infielder playing in the outfield. I love Pablo's energy......but I'd rather see him on the infield instead of butchering fly balls. You might get your wish if Uribe stays in trouble... he is our #3 SS on the depth chart.
  23. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 02:02 PM) Evidently the 97% renewal rate and/or the very long waiting list for season tickets wasn't entirely true, or everyone that was on the waiting list jumped off the bandwagon as split packages are now available on the White Sox website. Or they reserved a certian percentage of capacity for partial plans, just like they did last year.
  24. The "official" settlements haven't been posted yet, but it looks like Crude Oil is going to close under $54 a barrel, which is a very good technical sign. Also Gasoline got sold off big time again closing down about 4 cents to about 1.4300, so that is almost 20 full cents of losses since before Christmas.
  25. The bolded areas are my favorite parts of the article... http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...1&cset=true

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.