Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 08:49 PM) Funny how every freakin business in Mexico, except Pemex (gasoline), accepts US dollars and we think that is normal or fine. McAllen's economy recieves hundreds of millions of dollars in sales from Mexican Nationals. South Padre Island lives off Mexico tourists. We spend hundreds of thousands of dollars attracting these tourists. I'm LOL at how ignorant some people are about international commerce. Well there is one big difference there... The dollar is the world's currency. The Peso is barely accepted where it is minted. The only other currency that even sort of comes close is the Euro, and that is still a long way away from dollar status.
  2. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 06:28 PM) Link. Well its nice to know that all it takes is a little bad press for Nancy to change her mind...
  3. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:14 PM) Immigrant Labor. You don't think this will piss off INS. Trust me, they are the biggest idiots in the world if they have illegals working for them right now.
  4. I saw 1.99 gas for the first time in a LONG time.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 02:47 PM) How about Jim smacking Dwight in the face??? Dwight: I don't let anyone walk behind me. 70% of attacks come from behind. Jim: That leaves 30% that I will attack you from the front. Dwight: But I would see that coming and be able to block it. SMACK! That was the funniest scene in the whole episode. The look on Dwights face was priceless.
  6. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 02:44 PM) Seems more like a marketing ploy than anything else. FWIW, you can pay with dollars at any McDonalds or Burger King in Europe. That's exactly what it is. Now everyone is talking about this place. This was all free advertising.
  7. LMFAO!!! Please tell me again we shouldn't be loading up on arms right now...
  8. Its a brilliant business plan, as long as they don't get beaten up too badly in the currency risk.
  9. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 09:35 AM) Yeah, I'll just miss all the regular Dwight/Jim interactions until he comes back. Jenna Fischer has said (many times) on her blogs that all the regular cast members have long term contracts, but I'll still miss Dwight aroudn the office. Though it would be hilarious if he ends up at Staples. . . Yeah, that could make for some great story lines.
  10. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 09:01 AM) Good episode. I loved it when Phyllis told Karen she could pay her back later for the makeover. The look on Karen's face was priceless. And the sales calls were totally awesome. And I CANNOT wait to see what Angela does to Andy. That will be *awesome.* I'll miss Dwight though. He was probably my favorite part of the show. Dwight isn't going anywhere. The show would be over without him. In all seriousness, he is probably the least replacable character on the program.
  11. QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 07:16 AM) After years of experience ,not so much with myself but family and friends a .08 doesnt have you swirving all over the road.I will give you that it can have an effect on a milla second decision,maybe it was just the grace of God that none of my friends and family have been hurt with a couple cocktails in them. Do you guys carry a breathalyzer with you out to the bar?
  12. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    That was another classic episode. Jim and Dwight teaming up on that sales call was great. Especially at the beginning where Jim has the picture of Young Jim, and talks about how much he wishes he could tell him...
  13. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 07:00 PM) I do apologize if that was insulting - not my intent. What I am saying is, the Dems have so far talked nothing about raising taxes, and only hinted at reversing Bush's cuts. And the way some people are talking, its as if we are all going to get a big old bill to pay for a bunch of new programs. In reality, the Dems passed PAYGO legislation in the House, forcing some degree of fiscal responsibility. I just wish people would acknowledge the reality that SO FAR, the Dems have only done POSITIVE things in regards to financial and tax issues. Instead of pointing at all the supposed negative things they MIGHT do. So wait, we are not supposed to read into the parties actions anymore? I get to read crap on here such as conspiracies involving Bush manipulating world oil prices for reelection, and I am not supposed to speculate on why the Dems are doing the stuff they are doing? Please.
  14. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 01:05 AM) The perception after Somalia was simple. If you kill Americans and draw blood, the american public will not have the stomach for it, and will want to get out. Its what our adversaries count on. This is why withdrawing right now is a bad idea. IMO this war was fought wrong. Bush wanted it both ways, he wanted to topple the dictator, and then make nice with the natives. So instead of just going in and winning this thing. We fought it enough to get the "technical" win, but left too much of the infrastructure of war up that could be used against us. When you fight a war it should be to win. You dont embed reporters in your army if you are trying to win a war. Now its just a mess, and we have 2 problems. I agree with this, and would add to it, the PR front. We have been so worried about glossing over war in the press, that we have never once tried to confront this thing from head-on like we should have. The right has been too worried about what the Dems are saying in the press, instead of ignoring them, and worrying just about the war, they keep trying to fight the war and the Dems. Forget the Dems, and win the war. Its like Hawk always said about trying to hit Johan Santana. You can't sit on both pitches, or you will always be in between. You either have to sit on the fastball or the change up. Well I guess you could call the right, the Sox, because they have been inbetween the whole time. Sit on the fastball, and give yourself a chance.
  15. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:22 AM) The Resignation Letter Wow, the section about the factual errors was the most interesting part of that letter. Its one things to have opinions differ, and feel they are clouding judgement. Its quite another to just flat out be wrong on a bunch of occasions.
  16. QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:44 PM) Tell me something thats dumber than trading for Neal Cotts, signing Ted Lilly and Jason Marquis? Signing a guy who has had over 300 ABs in a season once, to a 4 year contract?
  17. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:47 PM) You and I certainly agree on the aspects of the oil price. I think we're near a bottom and I would go long if I had some money to invest. But I don't. One of my favorite all time trading sayings... "People who pick bottoms, get s*** on their fingers." In other words you are much safer with the momemtum, then you are against the tide. Let the market turn before you make your move.
  18. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:03 PM) Gossage might get in next year because the "first-time eligible" class is not worthy: Brady Anderson, Andy Benes, Delino DeShields, Shawon Dunston, Chuck Finley, Travis Fryman, David Justice, Darryl Kile, Chuck Knoblauch, Mike Morgan, Robb Nen, Tim Raines, Greg Swindell, Randy Velarde, Mark Wohlers If he doesn't get in it might the first time, since 1996, that NO ONE is inducted. I'd argue Raines deserves in for sure... other than that, there isn't a HOFer in the bunch.
  19. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:05 PM) I have been playing around with stocks, ETFs and funds for years. And I work closely with the futures industry. So its been very tempting to open a futures trading account. Then again, being close to that crowd, I am very aware of the virtually infinite level of risk involved. If anyone here has ever done it, and if you know a good firm to work with for a very small-time trader, let me know. PM me.
  20. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 01:43 PM) I'm just not seeing this as a move that will change much of anything. An over the hill Beckham isn't going to bring millions of viewers to the MLS. On top of that, are Americans really going to go out to the MLS stadiums because David Beckhmam is coming to town? I can't speak for real MLS fans, because I'm not one of them, but I would think they are knowledgeable fans, and know that Beckham isn't really going to bring a new level to the game, it's more of a publicity stunt. Are they really going to come out more because of that? I don't think just because his game isn't like it used to be, doesn't mean he won't attact a crowd, especially in a continent that hasn't seen him in person before. Look at the crowds that came to see a guy like Cal Ripken in his final go round... People will go just for the curiousity factor, and history shows it.
  21. Crude was down another $2 per barrel today on reports that dispite the "cuts" OPEC production is actually up. Crude looks to be settling about $52, with gasoline breeching the $1.40 mark, settling in the area of 1.3900
  22. You can't look at this generation as much as the next one. We are currently seeing kids in school today for the first time in US history who have had playing soccer as an option since they were little guys/girls. 15 years ago when I gradutated HS, we didn't have a soccer team at all. Now you can start playing at Age 4 and play all of the way through until you leave for college. Now if you throw a face onto US soccer, plus having a full generation of kids playing it for the first time, and mix in that it is a truely neutral gender sport (there are huge followings in male and female scoccer)... You could be looking at explosive growth.
  23. 14 members of Carter's advisory board have resigned in protest over his new book. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16579676/
  24. And yet people are listening, and probably calling in to argue with him... turn it off and quit wasting your time.
  25. My prediction? His weight will be 50 points over his BA, as he loses his job because he wasn't in condition after this off-season .185 5HR 22 RBI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.