Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. My mom has worked in nursing homes since the 80's and some of the stories about the old people digging around in each others diapers are scarier than anything Hitchcock could dream up...
  2. Death is never easy. Sorry to hear that Kal.
  3. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 29, 2006 -> 03:26 PM) Sox yet to get shutout this season. And as a team they have 4 pitching shutouts on the season.
  4. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 29, 2006 -> 04:33 PM) Maybe you should stop rubbing in your awesome game thread record! Or maybe Heads should lead your demotion campaign?
  5. FYI, Sox are 2-0 since the rant outscoring the opposition 18-5.
  6. QUOTE(BurlyMan56 @ May 29, 2006 -> 07:07 PM) Doesn't deserve a new thread but Paulie hit his 225th career homerun today. We have a basher in Thome who already has 450 and another one who needs 225 more. I love our 3-4.. Also interesting to note for Pauly, he has passed Carlton Fisk for 3rd on the all time Sox HR list and Maggs for 9th on the Sox all time RBI list in the last week.
  7. Congratulations Jim X 450
  8. Thank you to all who have, and are serving, and to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
  9. QUOTE(Felix @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:41 PM) The main reason I don't like the deal is that it ties up a lot of money to a mediocre pitcher and keeps the superior starter (McCarthy) out of the rotation. So you cite players that were signed by the Yankees, Blue Jays (who are trying to compete with the Yankees), and Reds (who have literally no pitching) to support your argument. Smart! I really don't know what you arguing here though, so I could be wrong with my assessment. When trying to determine a players value on the open market, why wouldn't you use the teams that actually spend money? Who else are you supposed to use, Pittsburgh? QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:47 PM) No one is blaiming KW, he did the right thing. The only one being blamed is Jon Garland. I don't really see the conflict here. If Garland finishes the year with an ERA over 6 he will not make AJ Burnett money, I can gaurantee you that. Milton money on the other hand is very likely, $4, $8.5M, $9M is Eric's contract and it seems about right. Its hindsight thought at that point. Of course no one would spend that kind of money at that point, but then again neither did the White Sox. They signed a guy who doesn't miss starts and had a breakthrough season, not a guy coming off of a season with a 6 era.
  10. Great write up Alex... I was just having the conversation last week with someone else...
  11. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:01 PM) I also hate eminem... QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:04 PM) ...and Kid Rock And Madonna!
  12. Wow. 19-1 No so far... It warms my heart. Still I think there is something else going on here... Do we have the next D'Angelo Jimenez on our hands?
  13. QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:20 PM) I guess this is where we fundamentally disagree. I think no amount of Ozzie yelling will makes players play "smart" baseball. I think "smart" baseball is something good MLB players learn way before Ozzie Guillen. IMO, if they haven't learned it already, they never will. I'm not exactly against these comments from Ozzie, but I just think they won't make the team play any better. IMO, he'd be better off taking all, or at leat a large part, of the blame for himself. Um, they already know how to play smart, and that is the problem. They have the talent and ability to play good baseball and have doneso in the past. You seem to think they don't have the skills but they demonstrated most of last year that there are excellent fundimentals posessed by most of the team. For whatever reason some players just aren't playing like they can, and it isn't just the slumps at the plate, which are much less avoidable, its the lapses in the field which are very avoidable.
  14. QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:44 PM) "Lackluster" is just another word for regression to the mean. It's amazing what happens when the offense isn't scoring 6 runs a game on a daily basis. Do you really believe a "rah rah" talk from Guillen is going to make the bullpen pitch better? Or turn Anderson and Uribe into sluggers? Those are the big two problems with this team as currently constructed. You can laugh all you want, but Ozzie screaming isn't going to fix a lack of production. This isn't football, where level of emotion/intensity produces tangible benefits. Baseball, I would say, I much more like golf. The key is consistency and mental fortitude. But it will get the team playing smart again. The problem isn't Uribe and Anderson at the plate, or the bullpen. The problem is the mental mistakes that the team is making. The bad throws, halfassed fielding, not understanding game situations etc. You mention mental forditude, and I haven't seen that on the field for a couple of weeks now, and I sure as hell don't want Ozzie going all Dusty Baker on us with this team playing stupid baseball. Ozzie is successful as a manager because he knows when to yell, and he knows when to be their buddy. The buddy thing isn't working now, so its time to get fired up.
  15. QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:39 PM) Brian Anderson's OBP is currently 37 points higher than Uribe's despite the fact that his batting average is 29 points lower. Ponder that one. Things like that make me think something else is going on. There are guys on this team doing much worse than Brian, and yet Anderson is the guy getting benched and called out? It doesn't make sense in a vacuum.
  16. QUOTE(WCSox @ May 27, 2006 -> 12:58 PM) You mean they're not going to win 130 games this season? I'm happy for the Tigers. They haven't had a 90-win season or playoff appearance in 19 years. It's nice to see a storied franchise pull themselves out of the crapper. That said, we're not even two full months into the season. A lot can happen between now and the All-Star break. (Hell, Maroth just went on the DL with elbow issues.) It won't be until July or so that we know if the Tigers are true contenders or just this year's incarnation of the '05 Orioles or '03 Royals. I think I speak for all true Chicago sports fans when I say... f*** Detroit. There isn't a city I hate more in professional sports than Detroit, whether it be Wings, Lions, Tigers, or Pistons, f*** them all. All of them could lose for an entire season, and I would be disappointed they won an exhibition game. I hate Detroit.
  17. QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ May 27, 2006 -> 09:09 PM) Uh, that is pretty damn good. If the team hits .300 with RISP all year, it will be a good thing. Not sure what the reporter was thinking with that line. Ozzie needs to calm the f*** down and remember that it's a long season. LMAO. Watch the games. The Sox have looked lackluster for about two weeks now. This outburst was inevitable and needed.
  18. QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:28 PM) Maybe it's his suspension, and the Sox are trying to find a way to wezzle out of it You don't get out of it. Either he serves it now, or when he gets recalled.
  19. QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:27 PM) Me, Heads, Jas, Greasy, Rowand, WH1 (and others I'm not gonna say all the names but you know who you are) have been BA's biggest supporters. I'm not gonna give up on him. I believe he can hit here and I'm gonna stick by it until he hits .0-- whatever. I also hate that were behind the Tigers but I also know it will not last long (hell it might not even last longer this week.) But me on top of that list of BA fans.
  20. Guys something else is going on here. Remember when guys are in slumps at the plate but playing well otherwise, Ozzie will not bench them. Look at Uribe, Crede, Rowand, and Thomas and think of the terrible stretches they have had at the plate over Ozzies years and he refused to bench them, yet Anderson is out. I really wonder if Anderson has pissed off Ozzie for some reason. Maybe that attitude or ego grinded him the wrong way? I'd be curious if anyone with a little more inside info could provide some help there, because this aint adding up to me.
  21. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 27, 2006 -> 08:52 AM) Happy Birthday, you bleeding heart lib! Hope you have a great day. BTW, good B-day, it's my dad's birthday today, too. Ah, hopefully Mr Kap has a rockin time in Marion LMAO... Happy Birthday Jim!!!
  22. Other recommended reading material... US military caused the 2004 Tsunami while working with Electromagnetic Pulse technology Destroying the Earth might be harder than you think... Meet John Titor The Time Cube and my personal favorite... You will get your ass kicked for clicking this link
  23. QUOTE(YASNY @ May 26, 2006 -> 01:02 PM) Family over career success, my friend. You'll never regret making that choice. I already have been involved in youth sports for years. I have volunteered as a ref and coach for a long time now, as working with kids at that level is just awesome. I just can't wait until its time to watch my own grow through stuff like that.
  24. QUOTE(YASNY @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:40 PM) Been there. Done that. I miss those days. My days are coming quickly and I can't wait

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.