Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 23, 2006 -> 04:20 PM) Oh, they did it without a warrant. Even Hastert said they got a warrent
  2. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 23, 2006 -> 03:07 PM) More.Chevy.Pride.Crew
  3. http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/23/ben...obit/index.html Former VP canditate, Secretrary of the Treasury, and long time Senator RIP.
  4. QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:50 PM) Mariotti has never been in the sox clubhouse, according to AJ What a surprise. Supposedly according to Hawk, KOtex boy has been New Comiskey Park once since it opened.
  5. QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:38 PM) You still hold those magic powers. But fortunately he has been working with Don Cooper for a couple of years now, so he is all better.
  6. COURT RULING, Chicago Illinois, May 8, 2006 Chicago, Illinois (AP) – A seven year old boy was at the center of a Chicago courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the Judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Chicago Cubs, who the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.
  7. QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:08 PM) Your opinion is tired. We've been over all of this s*** time and time again. Now you're just being an attention whore. And the all praise Frank opinions aren't played out? Meh, Big Frank is just a deadhorse for Sox fans as far as I am concerned.
  8. QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:19 PM) Good question. And heres my thoughts on that. Mark Prior has an undisclosed injury really, and didnt have surgery, and should have been rehabbing this whole time, extended ST, some Rookie Games, and then making his way to the bigs. Where is the guy? He is finally making a start this weekend, what the hell has he been doing this whole time? Kerry Wood has had basically the same issues with his arm, mechanics etc since he made it to the bigs, how long does it take for someone to address these issues. And if he tried to change them, why didnt Wood listen? Does he WANT to have surgery every other year? LaTroy Hawkins John Koronka Sergio Mitre etc etc. Some guys just think they know more than anyone else. Esteban Loiaza is a great example. He spent years not listening to coaching, until it got so bad he was only offered minor league deals. He spent about year listening to Coop, and it was the best year of his life. Then he fell right back into his bad habits and is mediocre again. Wood could very well fit into this category, who knows. I am sure when he leaves the Cubs, they will do the crucifiction job on him, much like they did to Sammy and Grace.
  9. QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:05 PM) Look at the White Sox pre-Frank Thomas and look at them during Frank Thomas. I believe he played as big a role as any in getting this organization moving in the direction it did. He was one of the best players in the game for about 10 years and deserves a nice hand. His ideas and thoughts are none of my business I paid to enjoy his ability to play baseball. I did not pay to hear his thoughts on anything. Look at the White Sox with Frank Thoams on that team. How often did they finish below second place. I also believe they had the 4th best record in baseball while he was on the White Sox. Standig 'O' Also Thome was offered a big contract and turned it down for Philly who offered a bigger contract, Thomas was released. FWIW. The contract Cleveland offered was a joke. It was way less money, and less years because they had no intention of resigning him. The situation mirrored the Sox with Robin Ventura very well.
  10. An interesting and refreshing site to check out... http://www.savethegop.com/
  11. QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:10 PM) You have to admit that Rothchild has basically done nothing with an extremely talented starting staff. His rehab is poor and his maintenance is even worse. No doubt about that. I just wonder if it is his fault or the pitchers fault.
  12. Well tonight is the nights... Just for fun, pick a song, artist or style you would pick for each contestant... For Taylor I would love to hear him sing somemore of the gravely rockers around. Something like Jim Croce, Bob Seager, Joe Walsh, etc. For Katharine I would like to hear her sing something with some soul and range. I could see her knocking out some Aretha or something like that.
  13. QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 23, 2006 -> 01:09 PM) Ah, I think you know what I think of you..... This doesn't involve a private screening of Brokeback Mountian does it?
  14. southsider2k5 replied to SoxFan1's topic in SLaM
    Good job SF
  15. southsider2k5 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:48 PM) Actually, I've already throat punched the multi-tasking guy so all is good. The chances of that happening are remote...
  16. QUOTE(Soxy @ May 23, 2006 -> 01:28 PM) I think that calculation of BAC is different from ours. . .Is that right? Can anyone translate that BAC to an American equivilant? I would guess it is about a 1.00 BAC, just based on the fact that they say .50 should be lethal, and they said it was double the usual lethal levels...
  17. QUOTE(mreye @ May 23, 2006 -> 11:25 AM) I played 5 softball games on Sunday between 8am and 5pm. When I got home I told my daughter I had to take a shower and maybe even a bath and just lay in there. She asked if she could take a bath with me. I said, "No, you can't see me naked." She assured me: "I won't laugh at you." My wife fell off the couch laughing. She'll be four June 30. Nice
  18. Jaques even said this didn't happen FWIW. This is all Mike North telling half truths mixed in with a couple of lies. Good job idiot.
  19. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:37 PM) Except Hershiser isn't here anymore. Ah, I missed that... OK change the place to Baltimore and Leo Mazzone where they need pitchers badly and will overpay to do it. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:48 PM) With the wrong pitching coach, $450k a year is more than he's worth. Personally, even if he goes to the right situation, I think he's probably still too damn stubborn to listen. He's got that Texan in him (no offense folks) where he just thinks he's bigger than everyone else and he doesn't have to listen. He seems like he just runs around thinking "I struck out 20 in a game, I don't need no stinkin' coachin'". If the last few years of injuries haven't woke up his attitude towards change, the guy is a lost cause anyways. Paging David Clyde...
  20. Vincente Fox is in the US on a three state tour starting in Utah. Basically he is stumping for votes from immigrants to the US, and trying to keep the pressure on the US on immigration issues. http://www.abc4.com/local_news/local_headl...41-E58F20C5AAEE It has been found that fully 10% of Mexico's population lives in the USA, including 1 in 7 workers or about 15% of its entire labor force. http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7003669852 In Mexico not only are illegal aliens barred from working certian jobs, but even naturalized citizens are banned from working in certian fields... This as Fox calls the US plans to defend its border "xenophobic". I wish if Mexico was going to be our 51st state effectively, that they would lend the same hand to those less fortunate than themselves, if they are going to insist on the same for us. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060521/ap_on_...ting_immigrants
  21. QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 23, 2006 -> 11:45 AM) He's a FA at the end of the year. He's still going to get more money and time than he is worth. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:03 PM) And is going to get a ton of money from a team that will regret it after seeing Wood make more starts for the AA team in rehab than the big league club. I have a feeling the next team that signs him will get him to change somethings and all of the sudden he becomes a productive starting pitcher... that is as long as he leaves Chicago. If he went somewhere like Texas with a guy like Orel Hershizer to work with him, we could see Kerry realize his potential... finally.
  22. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:07 PM) That was funny. My buddy Rob commented during the squirrel episode that to spice up the games they should get rid of the squirrel and have more beaver running around the park! Three words for your buddy... Chevy.Pride.Crew.
  23. QUOTE(Steff @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:35 AM) Southsider forgot the name tags again... Damn I knew I forgot something
  24. QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:53 AM) Dont know. But you have to think that Coop would have been able to 1. Develop a better training program for both Prior and Wood so that they are at least ready to come back and play. 2.Be able to tweak his delivery a touch so that he is somewhat less prone to injury. I just feel that Rothchild has not helped the situation at all with those guys, and I wouldnt mind taking a chance on Wood. Of course it wouldnt happen in a million years. Being perfectly serious, I think a guy like Wood would be a perfect project for Cooper, IF he were willing to listen AND to implement the changes. I think somewhere in time someone has told Wood how to fix his angles and it is obvious he hasn't listened. But I don't think the Sox would look at the guy with as injury prone and as expensive as he is and will be. When it comes to pitching, the Sox definately look for the guys who take the ball every 5 days.
  25. QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:53 AM) I do too, but I guess Ozzie for some reason loves Widger behind there when Garland is throwing. Tonight it had more to do with Barry Zito being on the mound than anything else...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.