Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 13, 2006 -> 01:46 PM) Its truly staggering to me that people on this board who align themselves with the GOP are OK with this. I've voted for Republican Prez candidates more than Dems over the years, and for a long time, I stood firmly with many of the tenets of the Grand Old Party - smaller government, local control, fiscal discipline, etc. And yet here is another program in a list of many which absolutely flies in the face of some of these principles, and there are people who STILL stand by it. They are forced to use arguments that make those core principles seem irrelevant or non-existent, just to defend the actions of people who happened to also be Republicans. To me, this is akin to the people who try to defend the Catholic Church's complete ineptness in handling molestation, simply because they are Catholic. For me, if I am part of an organization, religion or political party that is chipping away at the very principles that drew me to it, I am MORE inclined to call them on it. Not less. Trust me me, i am not OK with it, I just see 30 years of history behind this, and I don't see anything changing anytime soon.
  2. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 13, 2006 -> 12:50 PM) Fixed it. It must be something with the way the logo changer works now that somehow removed a centering code. All fixed for me.
  3. Everything is centered for me too...
  4. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 13, 2006 -> 03:21 AM) My mom has breast cancer. My parents have known for about a month but they didn't tell me cause they didn't want me to get freaked out with finals and s*** coming up. It was such a weird feeling when she told me, I didn't know what to do. Wow. I am so sorry to hear that...
  5. On a related note, the Cubs called and want Sutcliffe to take over for Harry...
  6. Wow has anyone seen Radkes #'s this year? What is going on with him???
  7. Cleveland might be closer to KC than us in the standings but that doesnt matter to me, we have all seen how much talent they have. I will say that I really believe no matter what, we control our own destiny. If we stay focused, no one can beat us.
  8. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 12, 2006 -> 09:46 PM) They pretty much decided that there wasn't going to be much change and since we had been there for a week, the Dr. said just to let her go home anyway. So we're home! AH the first night at home... I'll bet you barely slept a wink.
  9. Did Joey send him or did he run a stop sign? Anyone know?
  10. QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:07 AM) How about making the stadium w/ 80,000 seats, and then scale it back to about 40,000 after the games and give the Sox a new ballpark. The Cell will be 25 years old by the time the Olympics are over. I am pretty sure the Sox extended their lease a long time at USCF as a part of their being allowed to remodel it.
  11. What a s***ass organization. The one person that is still recongnizable in a good way with the Blackhawks and they are going to f*** that up too. God I hate the Wirtz's. Why can't they buy the Cubs or Yankees?
  12. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 12, 2006 -> 06:10 PM) We get to go home tonight at 8:00. Yay!!! Wow, they are letting mom go home already? I though they kept you longer than that for C-section?
  13. QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 12, 2006 -> 05:48 PM) So, I walked face first into my bathroom door tonight....I didn't see it. f*** if that doesn't hurt. Jason kicked your ass again and you know it. You need to drop that zero and find yourself a hero!
  14. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 12, 2006 -> 04:59 PM) Anderson's picked things up lately a little with the bat. Considering the amount of OF prospects we have still, and how much Hunter would earn for a new contract, there's no chance in hell that we're gettin him. The Yankees would easily be the best bet right now, considering the injuries to Sheff and Matsui. No doubt about that. I wouldn't be surprised to see them sniffing around Junior Griffey either. QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 12, 2006 -> 06:02 PM) Am I the only one who likes BA? Not a chance. Anderson is going to be a very good ML CF, both at the plate and in the field.
  15. QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 12, 2006 -> 04:06 PM) Yeah Im always behind Which means you should probably reconsider having a time sensative sig, huh?
  16. And we are surprised why? Iran has been trying to build a nuclear bomb since the 70's, and I still haven't heard a good reason to believe them when they say they aren't doing it, other than, they say they aren't doing it. Even if they did come from Pakistan, all that means is they are out on the open market buying from guys like AQ Kahn and his ilk, which doesn't make me sleep at night any better... It still means that Iran is actively pursuing a nuclear program.
  17. Thanks to the thread police, but I think we can handle it...
  18. QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 12, 2006 -> 03:14 PM) Why is that exactly? I'm not exactly keen on a CF with a sub .800 OPS. It has been proven statistically that Hunter ~ Rowand. He's an upgrade over Anderson at this point in time but in the long run and considering the cost, it would not be worth it. Defianately. If we were going to add 8 million in payroll, we could probably do it more effectively than Torii.
  19. southsider2k5 replied to mreye's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ May 12, 2006 -> 01:52 PM) Yes. Thank you. And a sexy beast to say the least
  20. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 12, 2006 -> 01:03 PM) So, if nothing else, can I at least note that those would be overseas taps, and thusly not be covered by FISA in the least? If that's what you want to take out of it... sure. What I took out of it is that George Tenet lied to Congress under oath about economic spying, and I have no doubts that when the CIA/NSA/FBI saids that they are following all of rules regarding spying on US citizens they are full of s***, and have been for decades at least. Heck all that had to happen in Tenets case is for any of those Greenpeace/Amnesty International converstations that they were listening to, if they caught one US citizen who was involved in those groups, and there are plenty, then he lied to Congress about spying on US citizens too. Echeleon wasn't new to Clinton either. Some of the reading I did had some of the programs with roots all of the way back to the Reagan era. This is the way that business has been done forever, and I see no reason to believe it will be changing anytime soon, as this stuff has gone on through both parties administrations. I would love to see it stop, but at the sametime the incentive for the spy agencies to get as much info as possible means there is little reason for them to stop just because someone found out what was going on... again. Call me jaded if you like, but even if you get the ultimate goal of impeaching Bush and elected a democratic Pres and Congress, you can bet this will still go on, and the people feigning outrage today, will be the ones defending it then, just like they did 6 years ago.
  21. southsider2k5 replied to mreye's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 12, 2006 -> 12:56 PM) When did it become Midway International Airport? After the last big remodel I believe.
  22. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 12, 2006 -> 12:34 PM) From the Wikipedia entry on Ekstra Bladet, the paper you're citing there: I used a self-proclaimed "liberal" source... You should be happy, right? OK How about more? http://www.commondreams.org/headlines/070200-02.htm
  23. southsider2k5 replied to mreye's topic in SLaM
    http://www.ohare.com/midway/parking/MDWParkingTable05.htm Depends...
  24. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 12, 2006 -> 11:38 AM) Former CIA director and current Presidential Medal of Freedom winner George Tenet, testifying under oath before Congress in 2000. Also from Tenet during this testimony... But this comes from former employees who used Echelon. Also http://cryptome.org/echelon-eb2.htm According to ex-spies they also spied on Greenpeace, Amnesty International, and other governments, in addition to their corportate spying. But I am sure since George Tenet said it in front of Congress it must be true, because no one has ever lied in front of Congress after all...
  25. It was warmer in Chicago on January 12, than it is today on May 12.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.