Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 7, 2006 -> 06:25 PM) RIAA is gonna getcha... RIAA is exactly why I won't buy CDs. There are better things I can do with my money, besides, there ain't much worth buying anymore anyways.
  2. QUOTE(THEWOOD @ May 7, 2006 -> 10:08 PM) Advice: Dont move to Indianapolis QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 7, 2006 -> 10:13 PM) Ditto. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 7, 2006 -> 11:17 PM) ^^^^^^^^^^ and ^^^^^^^^^^ f*** Indianapolis. Move to Chicago.
  3. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Righty...
  4. QUOTE(korntownballa @ May 5, 2006 -> 01:04 AM) What happens if you vote for every white sox player? They revoke your Soxfandom, and admit you into the Wrigley Field bleachers gratis as a new recruit.
  5. Two good outings in a row for Brandon. It looks like he is getting his release point back on track.
  6. There is no better call in professional sports than the homestretch call for the Derby. Period.
  7. WOW

    southsider2k5 replied to aboz56's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 7, 2006 -> 05:57 PM) 38K in attendance for a game against Kansas City? That's just awesome. For back to back games as a matter of a fact...
  8. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 6, 2006 -> 08:37 AM) I think Taylor is the only Idol I would actually buy a CD of. Granted I haven't bought a CD in years, but Taylor is the only one I would consider also...
  9. I am just waiting for the first idiot to say Borchard>Anderson
  10. They are going to add significantly to payroll and allow the GM and manager to bring in good players? Oh no wait, that might actually work.
  11. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 5, 2006 -> 04:56 PM) So if they become legal immigrants through amnesty (which, personally, I'm not for without strict specifications in which it must be earned), will all of you" strict adherents of the law" embrace them? After all, that has been the supposed cry of many of you. Their being here illegaly is what concerns you most since you follow all laws so thoroughly. Or do you just pick and choose which laws you agree with and which you don't? Apparently Law and Order is just a TV show anymore. Throw open our borders, give away our resources, and who cares anymore. The more the merrier. I guess having control over your country and the people in it is overrated anyways. Chaos and anarchy for everyone.
  12. Me and Madison on opening day
  13. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:37 PM) Greek Town, China Town, Little Italy I'm not so certain immigrants in the past were much different. Well they were here legally and documented...
  14. LMFAO! I guess you couldn't Gage the security patch, so you just Gaged the game thread instead. God I [heart] Soxtalk
  15. I love Kenny Williams quote at the end of this article... In the long run it did last year, and it already has this year, though it might not always be easy to see when the lineup is posted and fans question the manager's thinking. "Now it's proven that these guys are valuable down the stretch," Williams said, "so [Guillen] no longer has to justify his day-to-day lineup." QUOTE(Tannerfan @ May 5, 2006 -> 11:33 AM) Another aspect to Ozzie's style, is the crackdown on drug use in MLB. The articles I've read mention a crackdown on the use of "greenies" in the clubhouse. This could mean starters who are use to a couple of pills helping them through the fatigue of playing every day, needing more days off. The White Sox were on top of their game in October last season and Ozzie's philosophy is why. Add in a crackdown on steroids and amphetamines, and we should be better off at the end of the season then every other team due to playing the entire roster during the season. Interesting thought. It will be interesting to see how many players/teams fade down the stretch.
  16. All righty boys, play nicely and keep the insults in your pockets... I don't want to get out my admin stick
  17. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ May 5, 2006 -> 12:00 PM) Congrats, loser! [crosses mreye off of the beer on the train list] QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2006 -> 12:03 PM) How many keyboards have you had to retire during your legendary career? 2, True story.
  18. QUOTE(mreye @ May 5, 2006 -> 11:49 AM) 10. What would be your ideal candidate's position on TAXES & THE DEFICIT? Would raise taxes and/or reduce spending if necessary to reduce the deficit and balance the budget in keeping with the philosophy of the Concord Coalition. Would not be concerned with the deficit. Would not raise taxes nor reduce spending to balance budget Neither These are the only choices? I had the same problem with lots of the answers to the questions. WAY to extreme for me.
  19. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 5, 2006 -> 11:32 AM) The real independence day is like September 16th. And this is the US isn't it? LOL. Guadalupe Day IIRC
  20. I love Rosenblooms writing style, hopefully it translates over to radio.
  21. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 5, 2006 -> 10:44 AM) The thing is, my parents aren't going because they'll be at home still (Dad's been sick FWIW), so it's just be a few of his workpartners and me. But I think I'm prob gonna go anyways, and try to avoid her. AH, I see. Well are you still thinking about trying to move to the states? This could be a good chance to make some connections at least. Then again for me, I don't turn down a free lunch... speaking of which, I have no idea what I want for lunch
  22. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 5, 2006 -> 10:38 AM) Conundrum; I've been invited to lunch in Salt Lake City today, it's one of my Dad's workpartners 67th birthday. He's probably one of the nicest people I've ever met, but his wife is the biggest b**** that I've ever met. Should I go? Absolutely, in bigger social situations it is usually easier to avoid people like that.
  23. QUOTE(Goldmember @ May 5, 2006 -> 10:11 AM) the day that gives gringos an excuse to get drunk on mexican beer... To Dos Equis Now we need the Flaxx Mexican beer lesson
  24. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(SnB @ May 5, 2006 -> 10:05 AM) dear lord, just think about how many posts that is. Umm 40,000? LMAO. Its hard to believe that it has actually been long enough to make 40k, especially as much as things have gotten busy for me with the baby being born, the new job, and the new sites. Thank you to everyone who makes this place the best place to hang out on the internet. I wouldn't have 40,000 posts here if all of us didn't give the others stuff to talk about here.
  25. QUOTE(fathom @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:58 AM) Yep, Thome is one of those OPS kings. Like I mentioned earlier, he's not up at the plate trying to move the runner along or hit a sac fly in a key spot. He's aiming for the concourse most ABs (and boy is it fun to watch). Yeah, there is no doubt he is one of the few guys that everyone in the stadium stops what they are doing to watch. And I'll tell you the results are a lot more fun with him on our side

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.