Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to IlliniKrush's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 07:41 PM) Shirley Gag-me or Lace-me? Gagne Winter in Chicago or Summer in Texas?
  2. This is for those little tidbits of info that strike you as interesting... To start with, the Dow Jones Industrial Average opened at 40.94 on May 26, 1896, it is currently teetering around 11,400.00. If you had invested $100 in a DJIA index on that date, you would currently be looking at $27,845.62.
  3. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 02:05 PM) LMAO! It might be enough to make you vote Republican, don't you think? Tell the wife to spit that kid out quick for the extra $100
  4. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 01:52 PM) Maybe Gage could sell his virginity on ebay? What makes you think he hasn't tried already?
  5. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 01:42 PM) Tip: if you walk into a bathroom and see another guy standing at a urinal, don't ask 'hey, what's up? Striking up conversations at the urinals is not cool. Inadvertant peeking can occur, which is a big no-no.
  6. I know this is one of the plans... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49209
  7. QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 12:55 PM) Interesting note: You'd think that if we used American grown products to produce ethanol, it would bolster our economy and really give a kick to our farming industry. I heard a saying (I'm paraphrasing here), that as farmers go, so goes the economy. meaning, if the farmers depress, the US will depress. To the extreme, it could also cause inflation in the price of basic foodstuffs, which would hit the poor way harder than anyone else. The saying about the farmers is from a by gone time when a thing known as the family farmer was prominent in America. These days most farms are corporations in order to compete anyway.
  8. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 12:31 PM) Think they were smart enough to insure that deal? There is a really good chance no one would insure them on this deal. More and more Lloyds of London is just flat out telling teams that they won't insure certian players or lengths of contracts anymore.
  9. Thread has been edited by me for the arguement. If we get back into that stuff, its being closed.
  10. Want to know exactly where heaven is, a cure for cancer, and how to acheive world peace? CLICK HERE!!!
  11. I suppose it was inevitable, with the demands, protests, boycotts, and the like that the idiots were going to start to get involved. Some extreme groups are now promoting violence against immigrants. http://www.adl.org/main_Extremism/immigrat...ions=sHeading_1
  12. Dude, you have got to stay consistant in what you are talking about. First you were using profits and revenues interchangably. Then you are mixing up gross margins and the profit margins, and then using the percentages off of one to compare the other one. Plus you are assuming per item totals by totals, without having the change in output to bas it on. Of course it doesn't make sense like that you are mixing apples and oranges again. To be honest I am not sure how to even untie what you are tell me there.
  13. Dad saids daughter was raped with a broomstick
  14. http://www.soxtalk.com/frontpage/html/modu...=article&sid=34
  15. QUOTE(Cali @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 03:48 AM) I can't believe this thread is still going after almost 2 years.... Anyway I've been listening to a lot of Alkaline Trio, and the Head Automatica "Pop Rocks" EP (Can't wait for "Popaganda" to come out) I can't believe that I still haven't heard of any of these groups, even after two years
  16. You guys have to click more ads, because we HAVE to go to stuff like this... For you the readers of course, and don't worry I will take my camera
  17. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 09:17 AM) I won't be able to avoid downtown that day, I work here. During the last protest, some businesses, mostly restaurants and fast food places had signs on their doors stating that they'd be closing early so that their employees could join the rally. I agree, we've beaten the issue to death. I'll be down here too... Actually I am going to try to grab my camera and maybe get some pics.
  18. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 09:08 AM) Doubtful, you don't get rid of cheap labor. You think the employers aren't in on the deal? Ha. Exactly. Many companies are giving people the day off to go down to the protests rather than fight with them or wait for a walkout. More than wading into another immigration arguement thread, I wanted to make sure everyone had the heads up about this going on and avoided downtown Chicago at all costs. The last protests had about 100,000 people or so, and shutdown most of the loop. This time they are trying to get 5 times that many people down here... It will be ugly.
  19. They don't have the dates up on the official Sox site yet... http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...trophy_tour.jsp I would try contacting the Knights either by email or phone to ask them directly. If you do find out, please let us know and we will pass it on to people as well.
  20. QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 08:57 AM) Show me a poll that isn't pointless. *snickers*
  21. Awesome. I might break out my original home Ventura with no name on the back to celebrate
  22. The good words of Iguchi and Takatsu back to their peers in Japan will do more for the Sox in Japan than any scout will.
  23. http://purgatorywithpantagraphs.blogspot.com/ May Day in Chicago is going to be one hell of a day. Another immigration rally is being planned.
  24. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 04:14 PM) I don't want to go over this again, but I've done the best I can in previous posts to show that in fact, costs have gone up significantly in the past few years, and have gone up at such a rate that would have forced margins down significantly if a the oil company revenue or even profit per gallon of gas was held constant, which is what they tell us they do, which is what I don't beleive the data supports. All right, I will give you one more even to show exactly what you are talking about, and much closer to what has happened here in the real world the last couple of years. Take the same cost and income that we started with. Go with a doubling of prices (so a doubling of income, as the oil companies pass on the prices) and a doubling of costs (again they buy the oil too) plus a an additional 10% increases in costs across the board. (decreases in refinaries, plus tax breaks and subsidies result in some savings balanced out by increases in transportation, R&D, no cost change on exsisting sites which make up the vast majority of pumps) Year 1 100=I 80=C 20=p Year 2 200=I 168=C 32=p Gross margins actually fell 4% points from 16 to 20%, yet you still had a doubling of total revenues, and a 60% jump in net profits reported to stockholders.
  25. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:47 PM) So who was booted? I heard a rumor it was Paris. Kellie SHE GAWN

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.