Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:28 PM) He's apparently added a "screwball" to the arsenal this season. Whatever the hell that means. that might explain it. The movement was so counter his change and curve, it didn't make any sense to me at the time.
  2. I'll say this to the extreme optimists, just as quick as I will the extreme pessimists... Its early. You can't expect 6-7 guys to be hitting .300+, as well as you can't expect Anderson, Pods, Uribe to hit less than the Medoza line, while Garland, Politte, and Garcia sport near double digit ERAs. Its a long season and things will equalize out.
  3. QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:47 PM) The wind has changed direction again, I see. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
  4. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 07:56 AM) When you say voice, are you meaning the news, that 30 minute show with news, weather, and sports. The front page of the newspaper, and the 5 minutes when they say "now the news" or do you mean the shows like Rush, Hannity, and all the others? Now that conservatives only believe and trust stuff they agree with, the conserative politicans have their dream. Any screw up on their part is deflected by blaming the messenger. I just hope you wake up before it's too late. There is a reason that first thing somene does when taking over a country is to take over the broadcasting and news organizations, even before rounding up the weapons. A free press is the most dangerous weapon against wrongdoing by a government. Conservatives are handing over the keys without a fight. Demanding to only hear biased news that makes them feel smart. for America So what is the URL for your blog chronicling the lies of the evening news? The irony is while the left is fixated on Fox News, you never hear them questioning the "MSM" do you? Do you see liberal blogs that talk about the truth in the evening news? Nope guess what, they accept what they want to hear as fact, and don't question it either. The difference is that once again, the focus isn't there, its only the latest thing that Fox News, or Rush Limbaugh said.
  5. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:18 PM) http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=968167 This is a laugher ^^^ :D I think we have a new official Soxtalk Windsock!
  6. QUOTE(Walker2Baines @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:49 PM) Are you stupid? Where did I say MB would suffer the same fate? But nobody is above becoming a drug addict. But MB has to prove he can pitch well into his 30's before we talk about him being a HOF or winning 300 games. All those people mentioned showed tons of flashes. But they faded out real quick. Whether it was in their 3rd year or their 7th year. Do you even know who Vida Blue is? Without looking at baseballreference.com? Layoff the personal insults, OK?
  7. QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:01 PM) Am I the only one that thought Rod Stewart's live performance last Wednesday night sucked? Like Kellie with her song the night before, I thought he butchered a good song. Too bad he wouldn't let Katharine sing it. She'd have kicked ass. I haven't heard a Rod Stewart song I like for about 20 years or so...
  8. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 03:10 PM) Mackowiak has a lower average than Anderson to this point. And he played A LOT early on. Not to mention that Mack has ZERO extra base hits.
  9. QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:45 AM) I'm not quite ready to concede that yet. I think that we don't see a lot of 300 game winners, period. Here's when the 300-game winners ended their careers: pre-1900: 5 1900-1920: 4 (Cy Young, Christy Mathewson, Kid Nichols, Eddie Plank) 1920-1940: 2 (Walter Johnson, Pete Alexander) 1940-1960: 1 (Lefty Grove) 1960-1980: 2 (Warren Spahn, Early Wynn) 1980-2000: 6 (S. Carlton, T. Seaver, D. Sutton, N. Ryan, P. Niekro, G. Perry) 2000- : 2 (Clemens, Maddux) + Glavine possible #3 If you think about it, the 2000-2020 period could have just as many 300+ game winners as the 1900-1920 period if Glavine hits the mark (25 to go heading into 2006), and Randy Johnson can get 2 1/2 more solid seasons (he was 37 shy at the beginning of 2006). Mussina could always suck it up and have 4 more 16-win seasons and a 10 win season to hit 300 (He'd be 41 when he hit it). Sorry I was referring more to Buehrles group vs the older pitchers. Guys don't go even the 250 innings or the 37-38 starts that they used to even 15-20 years ago. Now it is 34-35 starts tops, and if you get one guy with 250 innings, it is a shock. If you take away 2-3 starts a season, and get guys out after 6-7 innings vs 7-8 innings they are giving more chances to other starters, and the bulllpens. Added up over the course of a 20 year career you are talking about losing something like 40-50 starts, which makes it nearly impossible for 300 wins for anyone under about 30 years old. I think Johnson is the only one with a real shot, it looks like me like Mussina may have an outside shot, but I think he is a couple of years away from being out of the game with the decline he has had the last few years.
  10. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 03:32 PM) Pods, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Mackowiak, CF; Cintron, SS BA .146>Mac .115
  11. southsider2k5 replied to IlliniKrush's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 04:46 PM) Thats a really tough choice.. I hate them both. I'll take LA, but only because my hate of New York is reminded to me every day as I live here on the East Coast. High or low socks? High sox Nu Skool or Old School?
  12. QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 12:17 PM) juggs would've been great at this thread You lose, that was a fact you stated
  13. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 05:10 PM) I don't understand why people even bother with Jeckle anymore. You should all try what I do, put him on ignore and just forget about him, if he seriously believes the s*** that he posts then he obviously has no business talking about baseball and if he's f***ing around and posting stupid s*** just for the hell of it, then why would you even humor him? I think the sig with Frank Thomas surrounded by two clowns does it for me
  14. southsider2k5 replied to IlliniKrush's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 10:01 AM) Mountain Dew, Sprite reminds me of 7up which reminds me of being sick as a kid, it cured everything sarcasm or physical humor? Sarcasm Agressive or Passive Agressive.
  15. Happy Birthday Jason. Without you, none of us would be here, and for that, we owe you tons Can't wait to hang out at a ballgame against this year. This time bring your arm, as well as your mitt
  16. L10

    southsider2k5 replied to Steve9347's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 05:48 PM) Knowing the sox luck against Santana, he will dominate us tonight and then proceed to win 15 in a row.
  17. QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 09:12 PM) He's in the first few rows behind the Sox dugout with a gray skirt on, you can't miss him.
  18. QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 10:51 AM) The overall record is 18 games, I believe Kurkijan said. He could do it easily. This is what the Trib published last Thursday as well.
  19. QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:02 AM) I should add that is borderline HOF. If he keeps up his ERA+ of 128, then he would belong in the Hall of Fame. His best comp would probably be Jim Palmer or Tom Glavine. The 100 more wins than losses would probably do the trick. Jim Kaat - 283-237, ERA+ 107, not HOF Tommy John - 288-231, ERA+ 111, not HOF Robin Roberts - 286-245, ERA+ 113, HOF Red Ruffing - 273-225, ERA+ 109 (!!), HOF Jim Palmer - 268-152, ERA+ 125, HOF Fergie Jenkins - 284-226, ERA+ 115, HOF Bert Blyleven - 287-250, ERA+ 118, not HOF Bob Feller - 266-162, ERA+ 122, HOF Tom Glavine (active) 275-184, ERA+ 120, not yet eligible (Hall of Famer on 2 of 4 HOF tests). We are talking a lot of years away from now. 12 years of production like that would be amazing. But I wouldn't put it past Buehrle. The other scenario is that he burns out in 2-3 years and finishes something like 120-70. Rich, yes, Hall of Fame, no. The era of the 300 game pitcher is over. Players don't start as often, go as deep, or pitch as much as pitchers of the by gone eras. In the next 20 years I would predict that a number such as 250 wins for players of this era will become HOFesque.
  20. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 09:33 PM) We saw an ACE come out tonight on the Southside. His name is Mark Buehrle. MBIAA
  21. QUOTE(TornLabrum @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 05:35 PM) Well, now that it's closed, I'll just note: 30 bucks = 5 beers. I'll jump in late on that one as well. $30 is a steal for all you can eat and drink in 3 hours time.
  22. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 10:45 AM) Whaaa, no Chisoxfn chants? I expect it this year No, but by the end of the night, people were referring to Perez as "Gage Perez"
  23. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 01:52 PM) Mine's all about the Dancing Hamster. So many jokes, not many that won't get me banned
  24. QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 07:52 AM) It'd be a nice excuse to get out to see a Cardinals game at New Busch. Although I'd probably end up settling for a Royals game, since almost every game at NB is sold out. Still, I'd rather have a round trip airline ticket than Matthew Barnaby's jersey, that's for sure. (the LackHawks had their players "give the shirts off their backs" to winning fans at their Fan Appreciation Night) I'll bet the 3 fans that didn't get a jersey are pissed.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.