southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 04:41 PM) BTW, the Royals set 10 batters over the minimum in the 3 game series... That is incredible. Anyone know if this is anywhere close to a record, because I don't think I have ever heard of anything like this ever before?!?!?!?
-
ATTENDANCE THREAD ALERT
In the Trib today they said that the Sox have officially sold more tickets already for 2006, than the 2.34 million they sold in all of 2005.
-
GOP Backing Away From Tough Immigration
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:23 PM) Mexico a blueprint for our country to follow. Mexico is a third world country with much different needs than the US. How anyone thinks that both countries are equal and should have equal laws surprises me. Yes, Mexico has a lot of poor, unskilled workers. And, in perfect symetry, the US has a need for lots of unskilled workers. Thank God we have an education system and a society, that actually can take almost anyone, put them through our schools, and they will be qualified to work jobs above unskilled. But instead of celebrating our good fortune and the bounty that comes with being a world power, we are thnking we should have the same laws as Mexico. Let's set out sights a bit higher. Shouldn't the US laws be based on what is best for the US and not compare it with what Mexico does? And Nuke, since you are such a fan of Mexico laws, let's take away everyone's guns like Mexico. Oh.Please. These people obviously are trying to get into Mexico for a reason. There are obviously jobs that Mexicans don't want to do, and there must be somekind of stupid immigration policy that prevents people who actually want to do these jobs from getting there... or they wouldn't have central/south americans trying to sneak into their country to make a better life for themselves. But for us it is supposed to be enough to penalize our poor, our immigrants, our working people... For Mexico, they are just a burden to be abused, made as felons, robbed, and sent back to where they came from. Mexico is a country of 105 million people, and they can't find room for more than 15,000 people in FIVE YEARS?!?!? And on top of that, they expect us a country of 300 million people to absorb 12 million people, plus another 500,000 a year?!?! You can't take the arguement and say it is OK for Mexico to do it, and it isn't OK for the US. This reeks of hypocrisy of the highest levels by Vincente Fox and the Mexician people. Of course they don't want us to compare it to what Mexico does, because they know it would be a PR disaster if, once again, the media reported the whole story. If they expect American borders and American jobs to be open an open frontdoor to support their economy, how dare they close their own backdoor to the exact same kind of people. And to frame this as some sort of slam against the US just makes me irate. How dare a group that commits racism against a group of people have the audacity to protest while illegally in another country for rights they refuse to give people IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY. If they actually believed the stuff they said, they would be trying to share the wealth and help their fellow man, instead of showing how big of hypocrates they are. Its not about Mexico having the same laws as us, its about Mexico having the same standards as they expect to impose on a forgein and sovergein nation. Maybe as a solution would could close our borders to Mexico, and accept all of the Central and South Americans directly who seem to really need help more than their Mexican bretheran? If they are willing to even accept Mexico's "third world" lifestyle how horrible must things be in their native country. We need to help them more, right?
-
American Idol Predictions
Meh, I blew the bottom 3, but got Ace going home... 4 weeks in a row baby! I am afraid of next week. Classic love songs with a Tenor giving them advice? Ick.
-
Texas food question. . . Tex, Kap??
QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 07:53 PM) I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvs me some beans in my chili. Of course, I'm not making any "authentic" chili, so I don't care. And I also like ketchup on hot dogs. Food Snobs be DAMNED!!!!!!!! Ketchup is all I eat on hot dogs, I was just making an analogy all of ya'll midwesterners would understand.
-
Texas food question. . . Tex, Kap??
Asking for pinto beans in Chili=Asking for ketchup on a hot dog in Chicago
-
GOP Backing Away From Tough Immigration
I found this and it blew my mind. It seems that Mexico doesn't want to open its own borders to immigrants. http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-mex19.html More at link...
-
Greg Maddux
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:05 PM) He looked real sharp against the Giants.... his stuff had good movement to it and add that into the extra half a plate he gets by the umps.... just maybe Am I the only one who is thinking that he seems to have a little "extra" movement on his pitches this year?
-
Duke Lacrosse Rape Allegation
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:14 PM) He's in a highly majority african american voter district, and this case is the black stripper vs. the rich white guys from Duke, no matter how else it may be portrayed. There is a reason lack of DNA evidence all of a sudden means nothing when it comes to this case. Because it happens in 75-80% of sexual assult cases?
-
All quiet in soxdom
QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:49 AM) Baseball's a long season. You just gotta trust it. Even after today we haven't played 10% of the season yet. We still have more than 90% of the games to play.
-
Mark Buehrle Contract Talk
QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:59 AM) I don't know about that. If he's completely healthy for the next two years, he'll have seven straight seasons of 220+ innings of wear and tear on his arm. Is it woth a $70-$85 million gamble that he'll be the next Tom Glavine? I'm not even saying that it will be the White Sox paying it... You gotta realize there are 29 other teams that are creaming their jeans with the thought of Mark Buehrle in their rotation, and Mark, Kenny, and the rest of MLB knows it. Going strictly off of Marks history, and the contracts that pitchers of much more questionable standards have gotten, I have zero doubt that if Mark Buehrle were to become a free agent tomorrow, he would have a 5 year $75 million contract in his back pocket by Friday.
-
Duke Lacrosse Rape Allegation
QUOTE(samclemens @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:34 AM) oh i see. because i am calling this ram-job what it is, im a racist. makes total sense, since i dont have a liberal view on the issue i must be ignorant, backwards, racist and intolerant. i probably also live in the country and not the city, right? It kinda sucks when your stereotypes and ignorance get answered back in kind, doesn't it?
-
Mark Buehrle Contract Talk
QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:37 AM) No, I know what you mean. But I'm seeing, it seems, a lot more of KW these days than we need to see. I can understand, maybe, his little blowout with Frank, but when he starts talking s*** about our #1 starter--in public--he needs to shut up. It's not helpful. It's bellicose. Its not going to happen. Its like asking Ozzie to get into Sabrmetrics, and meditate. Kenny is Kenny, and Mark is Mark... neither of them is going to change.
-
Mark Buehrle Contract Talk
Kenny Williams, behind the scenes? Have you been in a cave since 2002?
-
Mark Buehrle Contract Talk
QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:11 AM) Buerhle is our ace! And a fun loving team leader. He has been our most consistent pitcher over the past 6 years, if KW was smart he would lock him down now! You know what you get with MB. With Konerko it was different because he has a poor season in 2003 and he bounced back nice in 2004. KW wanted to make sure he didn't have another 2003 type season before he locked down Pauly longterm. With Buerhle you know your going to get 15+ wins every year and 200+ innings pitched. I say he's worth a 5 year $50 million contract. Get it done soon KW! 5 years $50 million? Mark would laugh at that contract, and justifiably so. When all is said and done, Mark Buehrle is looking at a deal in the $15 million/yr range, not $10mil. Chicago might be able to get him in the $13-14 range just for a home town discount, but if he hits the FA market, he is looking at 5/75, and maybe a 6-7 year deal. s*** an injury prone Burnett just got 5-55, Mark is looking at much more being a lefty and never missing any starts.
-
Jenks
QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:07 AM) That pitch was actually 97mph, according to Hawk. ok THAT makes sense. Thanks guys.
-
Jenks
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:05 AM) That was an incorrect radar reading is what that was. They didn't clock him on any other pitch, and when they did, it was a four-seam fastball at 87mph? I think not. I don't know if it's possible, but, that could actually have been the speed of the ball coming off the bat, because, that was not an 87mph pitch. I saw it twice actually, which is why I asked about it. It didn't seem to really move, that's why I couldn't figure it out.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#
QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:03 AM) I know a lot of people point out to how if we give up on Anderson now, we should have given up on Dye last year. There's a big difference between a proven veteran like Dye, and a rookie who outside of one game in his career has shown no ability to string together consistent at-bats. Anderson's approach at the plate is bad, and I'm not sure if his current swing will ever result in him hitting over .225 in the majors. I'd point to Robin Ventura's 0-41, or Neal Cotts first season as a much better example actually...
-
Jenks
What was the pitch he was throwing at 87 mph last night? Was that a change or a flat slider?
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#
QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 09:55 AM) And he could suck. You never know. Point is there is no need to s*** on others for having concerns. Actually it looked like a guy who was complementing BA for having a good at bat got s*** on for being too optimistic is what started this whole mess http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...dpost&p=1105421 http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...dpost&p=1105474 Maybe we just need two different Anderson threas like in Filibuster for D's and R's.
-
American Idol Predictions
BTW, with the look Ace was sporting last night, did anyone else have the urge to toss him their keys and tell him not to scratch their car?
-
4/18 Games
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:18 AM) Pedro Lopez hit a game winning 2 run homer for the Knights. Haeger gave up 2 runs (0 earned) in 8 innings while striking out 8. Had a really nice game (No Decision). Lowered his ERA to .45. Josh Fields kept up the hot streak with 2 doubles. Lummy gave up his 1st two runs of the season in 5 innings. Also walked 3 but still had a solid game in a Barons win. He struck out 6 and Rusty Tucker got the win in the 10th. Mark Quinn had 3 hits. Whisler had another mediocre to poor start for Winston Salem, who has now lost 4 in a row. Whisler gave up 4 runs in 4 innings (5 hits, 3 walks). Lucy picked up another 2 hits (.323 AVG) as did Kelly (.413 AVG). Kanny lost 6-4. Noe Rodriguez picked up the loss. He k'd 9 in 5 innings, but gave up 3 runs (4 hits and 0 BB's). Orlando was back in action (missed time with a sore index finger) and picked up a hit and a stolen base. Daron Roberts had 3 hits. Salvardor Sanchez and Welker had two hits a piece. Brandon Allen's funk continues as he went 0-4 (now batting .098 Brandon Allen needs to do a future sox interview or register at Soxtalk to break out of his slump, just like everyone before him
-
American Idol Predictions
I missed the first two preformances last night... But just going by what my wife said, and the short replay snippets... I think this was a quality week of preformances, I don't think anyone merited too much ripping. Kellie and Ace were definately the bottom of the barrel, Kellie was harder on herself than I thought she should have been. Katharine and Chris seemed to stand out. Chris finally took a risk and it paid off FWIU, and Kat was just incredible. Taylor, Paris, and Elliot had good weeks. Elliot is so comfortable in that genre, but I think Simon was right, his preformance lacked the personality to put it over the top. If you could somehow combine Taylors stage presence with Elliots talent, you would have the runaway winner of season 5. To be honest even with only 7 people left, no one really stands out to me as the eventual winner. Bottom 3 I think will be Kellie, Ace, and Elliot with Ace biting the dust.
-
To anyone who goes to school in the city
That is actually a really cool idea, I am surprised no one had done it before. It needs some graphics work, but with a little luck and good word of mouth, he might be onto a smart niche. BTW be sure to pimp our sports sites there...
-
What a bunch of sick people......
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 07:46 AM) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'd filibust someone's head and feel pretty damn good about it. And, at least here in Texas, as long as I wasn't drunk, I bet I wouldn't even see the inside of a jail. In Texas the cops would probably give you some asskicking hints, if not just do it for you.