Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(DannyCooksey @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 10:12 PM) Cub Fan Here Just wanted to throw my two cents in here. I am not saying it's everyone on this board, but for those that have made their snide comments and laughed at a man's misfortune. How sick are you people??? I have read this board occasionally and while I realize you guys are still 40/60 Cub-Haters and therefore not actual White Sox fans (the 40, not the 60 for clarification) how can you laugh and mock celebrate a man's injury and a team's atrocious misfortune??? Are you people that demented and sick in the head that you would do that??? You guys had your magical year and you earned your World Series title. I give the Sox all the credit in the world for that. That said, is it still necessary to find humor and laughter in another team's and/or player's continual misfortune??? Haven't you excercised the demons of continually feeling inferior and neglected in the City??? If not, then I truly feel sorry for you people (the ones that are enjoying and laughing at Lee and the Cubs--not EVERYONE on here is doing that). I realize this is a Sox board and all that, but my goodness. Don't you guys have something better to focus on??? Are the rumors true, that Sox fans are really Green Bay Fudge Packer fans in disguise??? Sure are acting like it. In conclusion, after reading several threads about how much the Cubs suck and this and that etc etc. Now with the celebratory attitude of some of you in light of this bad injury, I can only come to a possible 3 conclusions: 1. You guys are absolutely disgusting human beings and I hope you know how to read the instructions on a condom. Lord knows this world doesn't need offspring from the likes of you people. 2. You have never sniffed a competitive playing field of any kind. Anyone who has ever had the guts to play a sport in a competitive environment knows not to poke fun at injuries and laugh at them. Not matter what your allegiances are. You just don't do that garbage. 3. You have insecurities that run so deep and are so well hidden to your buddies, that you are prob the type of losers who beat your wives and girlfriends, can't hold jobs, are constantly drunk, and are constantly angry at the world because you are a closet homosexual with a di** so small that you get more pi$$ on your ball$ than actually reaches the toilet water. The only question is..........which one of the three are you??? Again, this was only directed at those laughing and celebrating Lee's and the Cubs misfortune. Have a great day! :finger DC Holy s*** man, thanks for the laugh. Usually you would be banned already, but you are too cute. Please post more, if nothing else but for my personal enjoyment!
  2. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 07:39 AM) I would be happy to pay that right now. As it stands, I am paying minimum of 2.80 a gallon. When I worked for IDOT for one summer in 1997, I used to go to this gas station in South Elgin on Rte 25, right down the street from our site. $1.00 a gallon, I will never forget that now. Good times, good times. I know I am no match for the Soxtalk old timers, but I remember seeing 63 cents a gallon right before the first gulf war.
  3. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 07:34 AM) Gas prices have totally gotten out of hand in the last month. Just wait. By July you'll be happy to pay $2.75 a gallon.
  4. http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/0...0/la11304202125
  5. QUOTE(TLAK @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 10:14 PM) Fantastic eye for stats Tony82087 and southsider2k5. I verified the 10 over the minimum because I couldn't freaking believe it --- but it really happened! I have game logs from 1960 to 2004 and the lowest number of batters over the minimum the Sox faced in a 3 game series I can find is 14. They did it against the Kansas City Athletics in Comiskey ending 10/3/1965; again against Minnesota in Metropolitan ending 6/25/1967. It looks like a team record to me ---at least for the years I have. I love stuff like this. Anyone know who we could email to try to verify this? I googled the Elias sports bureau and I couldn't find an email adress to send a question to.
  6. QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 03:10 AM) They don't become billionaires by breaking even. And they don't make a penny of their money off of the White Sox.
  7. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 07:33 PM) 2006 MLB Francise Valuations White Sox (recent) Historical Valuation Once again, the $20M in increased payroll is directly proportional to the operating income. Just like clockwork. I don't know why years of history wasn't enough for people to not get that we weren't going to have a $80 million payroll in 2006, but thanks to Jerry and company for once again putting all of the profits back into the team, and making it possible to keep Pauly, and bring in guys like Thome, Vazquez.
  8. Here is to picking 29th, hopefully in 2007, its 30th
  9. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 02:56 PM) I have to admit, I never, ever thought I would see White Sox attendance translate into more payroll, but, Reinsdorf and company forced me to eat a bit of crow this season. Especially after a world championship, I thought the White Sox had every intention on cutting a bit of payroll. I was wrong. $100M payroll? May be a lot nearer that we ever thought. In fact it is over $100 million at $102 mil. With the cash the Sox have received in various deals they are paying out about $95 million of their own money, but the gross payroll is indeed the 4th highest in all of baseball at $102 million for 2006.
  10. QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 01:51 PM) It's a lot easier for Buehrle to just sign with the Cards via free agency than it is to demand a trade to the Cards. If he demands a trade, then he's turning his back on the Sox fans a lot more than he would if he just signed with them when he's a FA. And like I said, with the lack of quality left handed #1 starters who never get hurt in MLB, someone else will throw more money at Mark Buehrle than he could ever imagine. It will be significantly more than STL or CWS will offer him, based on the Sox and Cards recent history with FAs.
  11. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 01:45 PM) Congress. I know there is more going on in Iraq, but that total is for two wars, not just Iraq FWIW.
  12. QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 01:44 PM) I would be willing to bet that Buehrle won't sign with any other team besides the White Sox or Cardinals. If Mark makes it even to start free agency, its obvious money is the reason why. If he is willing to take a lower salary he will stay here, or he will request a trade to St Louis. He might get traded to STL, but there is no way that someone won't throw a boatload more money at him than STL or us are willing to spend, out on the open market. Imagine The Boss getting a chance at a guy like MB in the front of the Yankees rotation, or the Red Sox trying to outbid the Yankees to keep him away from New York. There is no way he would end up in St Louis.
  13. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 01:11 PM) I don't think STL would offer him that. I think maybe Boston or NYY would offer him that kind of money, but I don't see him wanting to go to either one of those clubs. St Louis also has a history of not offering players top dollar contracts, instead working trades and trying to get exsisting players to take hometown discounts, much like the Sox do. In fact I would be willing to bet today, that if Mark hits free agency he signs with neither the White Sox nor the Cardinals.
  14. The next article is going to be from Hawk Harrelson about why Jay Mariotti is not a good sportwriter.
  15. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 12:12 PM) BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/20/immigrat...aids/index.html This is how its done!!!!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT!!!!! Throw this on top of something like jail time for complicit execs and $50,000 fine per illegal employee and you have your answer for stopping illegal immigration.
  16. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 11:59 AM) They better already have someone designing Frank's statue. They have already begun trying to figure out how to fit the ego down the Dan Ryan for delivery.
  17. southsider2k5 replied to Leonard Zelig's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 11:16 AM) Mustnotmakejokemustnotmakejoke. . . It makes me feel better that just not males were trying not to comment there...
  18. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 11:47 AM) So when do you put the ketchup in again? When you dice up the hotdog meat and throw it in QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 11:48 AM) So, I'm guessing I can't get a good vegetarian chilli in Texas? You definately need some green for that post
  19. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 11:30 AM) A couple options would be corn tortilla, slightly to moderatly greasy with bistek (chopped steak) onions and cilantro. Definately "Tex-Mex" flour tortilla with scrambled eggs, and whatever makes a good omlette. How about some Texas BBQ? Pit smoked, (pecan or mesquit) Brisket with beans, rice or potato sales, raw onion, pickle, jalepenos, and a couple slices of white bread and some sweeeeeeeet tea. That would be my first choice. If you could get some BBQ sauce from Millers or Rudy's that would be almost perfect. droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
  20. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 10:53 AM) Thank you for illustrating my point better than I was. You have outlined most, if not all of the issues that need to be debated and worked into a new immigration law. What you left out, and I believe should be left out, is how many Americans Honduras allows into Honduras, or Brazil, or Mexico. I don't believe at some point in writing the new policy we should hear, "well Honduras allows unlimited Americans so we should allow unlimited Hondurans, or else we will be hypocrits." If expelling all illegals is the correct policy for America, let's do it. But as soon as we back off that stance, then we have accepted them into this country and have to decide what is best for America. You guys keep switching back and forth. Do you want them to stay or not? After all they are criminals and illegals. Or do you want to find a way for them to stay? Why would we want to hurt ourselves to help Mexicans? I hope you aren't asking me that question because I've been saying we don't want to hurt ourselves. That if it is best for us to grant amnesty then grant amnesty, if it is best to expell them, then expell them. But don't make the decision on what Mexico allows or doesn't allow. Like I have said through out this whole thread... The big picture is to solve this problem once and for all. Making every single illegal alien here a citizen doesn't solve a damned thing for the United States in the long run, and neither does expelling them all. We still have porous borders, 12 million illegals here, half a million more illegals showing up a year, and no reason for them to stop coming. We need to plug that hole right there, and make it so that there is no incentive to come into the United States illegally, and this program doesn't even begin to do so. You can argue the fine points, and ask me as many questions as you want, but it all comes down to that answer right there.
  21. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 10:58 AM) So they're dishonest until they gain citizenship? Or do you brand them as dishonest for life because of how they arrived, specifically those who gain citizenship after arriving here illegally? They may come here illegally but the vast majority are not criminals. Breaking multiple laws doesn't make you a criminal? Now that's funny.
  22. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 10:54 AM) lol... And what jobs are those??? You know what they say about assumptions... You seem to know it all... Why would you leave your family and friends behind to sneak into a forgein country where you are considered a felon, could be robbed, beaten, and generally abused... and that's just by the police? Just for the hell of it?
  23. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 05:55 PM) You know, i almost put Steff...Jim in there, but thought better of it because i didn't want to offend the hooded lady. Next time i'll have to think better of that, too Not if you value your teeth
  24. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 07:54 AM) SS, Shouldn't we do what is right for America? I know you want to change Mexico, and perhaps your proposed changes would be for the better, but I'm tired of trying to solve the world's problems. I'm an American and not a Mexican. Mexico and the US are different countries and have different needs. If Mexico allowed unlimited immigration and then told the US that they had to also, we wouldn't accept that. Why should we care what another countries' laws are? We have a choice of either training unskilled laborors in this country or allowing immigration. If a guest worker program is in our nation's best interest, then I don't see where we should hurt ourselves to change Mexico laws. If their are people in more dire need than Mexico, why are we so worried about fixing their problems? Also if we are only worried about American's how is a guest worker program really in our best interests? Right now we have a seemingly endless supply of below minimum wage labor willing to work in unsafe conditions to do all of the jobs we don't want to do, while not burdening our social entitlement programs at all. Companies win because they don't have to pay high wages or offer benefits, we the consumers win because costs are kept low for us in low skill labor intensive sectors. Why are we worried about these people at all then? Supposedly they aren't taking any American's jobs that they want to do, so we don't lose there either... If this is just about us, why help the illegal aliens at all? That would just hurt us in the long run anyway. Why would we hurt OURSELVES to help Mexicans in the first place? Can you see how that arguement doesn't hold up at all?
  25. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 08:03 AM) Here's something I just don't get. Instead of celebrating the fact that our society has advanced to the stage where our children can have careers that are more lucrative than toiling at unskilled, manual labor jobs, some seem to be proposing we should take a giant step back and raise Americans to work these jobs? Because if we don't want immigrants to do them, then it must be y'alls children. IMHO, we should be happy our children do not have to do these jobs. That a high school diploma moves them a couple steps up the job ladder. We also have made a college education within grasp of anyone with the resolve to go to school. We are paying big money for one of the world's greatest education systems and now some would have us turning out busboys, produce pickers, and lawn men. We are even insisting these workers get educated, we want them to learn English, even though many are illiterate in their own language. First generation immigrants have been doing these jobs forever, in every society. Those that come first hopefully provide a platform for their children to move ahead and grab hold of the American dream. Uh, no one said they don't immigrants to do the jobs. They don't want illegal immigrants doing them. I don't think I have seen one person in this entire thread who saids they want to close the borders and keep everything in the US. Your rant is completely misguided.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.