Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Not a problem. Good to see you Mathew, it wouldn't have been the same without the reigning champ
  2. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 07:47 PM) I just don't get it. Chapter 1, Article 2 of the Afghan constitution:So the only way this makes sense to me is... Some judges decided that all "other religions" do not fall "within the limits of the provisions of law" (as they see Islamic law) per se. So "followers of other religions are free to exercise their faith" as long as they don't exercise their faith. Is that about right? 'It's just stupid enough to work...' Didn't Karzai appoint the courts? How did this happen? You guys have to understand Islam a little better. The guy isn't being killed because he is a Christian. He is being killed because he was Islamic and converted to Christianity, which is a mortal sin according to the Koran. There is a difference there.
  3. QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 02:30 PM) Mike, I thought there were a bunch of people looking to play this year? Can't we just put a post out there letting everyone know that we need to fill 1 spot? It's hard to believe there is no one that would want to play. the problem is that while we were waiting for Mathew to sign up, most of the other people got put in other leagues. I'll find someone here quick... I just haven't had much freetime.
  4. Congrats Addy
  5. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 03:36 PM) Whats it called? I drive by there on the way to sister lakes all the time. Shoreside Brewery.
  6. More rumor mongering? Didn't we learn our lessons? :headshake Just kidding Thanks for the info Jim and Quick THREAD JACK:Also Jim, FYI, Michigan City has a new microbrew/restaraunt right by lighthouse place/the lake. You'll have to come in and check it out.
  7. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 03:11 PM) Damn am I old What were the names of the Animaniacs?
  8. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 03:02 PM) What was the name of the news anchorman on The Great Space Coaster? No Gnews, is good Gnews, and I am Gary Gnus
  9. QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 02:47 PM) What was The Grateful Dead's only top 40 hit? Touch of Gray.
  10. I wouldn't worry about it. You presented for exactly what it was... A rumor that may or may not be true. Its not like you came on here and misrepresented anything.
  11. QUOTE(spataro51 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 02:23 PM) well i haven't posted in a while......................but at least my name will live on.......................lol GO SOX!!!!! i am defiently going to get a copy of this. There's our favorite instigator Welcome back, and thanks for the free exposure. Anytime you got something to say, we have a stage for you
  12. Oh yes, rub it in
  13. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 12:53 PM) I guess I still dont understand the "guests" that sometimes outnumber the actual members posting on the site. Grow some balls and register. It doesnt cost anything. To be honest, that is normal. Usually the guests and members are about even. when something happens, the guests totals pop up for a while.
  14. QUOTE(Timoperezrulez @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 12:14 PM) whatever, i just think its cool we are getting mentioned in SI Not just mentioned either, for those who have not seen it yet, this isn't just a mention within an article. We have a separate section to ourselves that takes up about half the page, with our url boldly emblazened on top of the story. It is even highlighted a different color so it really stands out. You can't miss it. Its more than I imagined it would be Awesome
  15. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2380559
  16. You might want to point out to your blokes on that side of the pond that the Americans are making them look bad, and that they need to pony up a little more or get beat by the colonies again
  17. QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:24 AM) What's that supposed to mean? And Gillian's not near as hot as Joan Cusack! I hate you so much. Now I have to eat lunch after that? :headshake :puke
  18. QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:31 AM) I would kill to have some of your mortgage payments.. Of course most of us would have to kill someone to have your place... So I guess it evens out
  19. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:21 AM) Yeah, but you have to live in Michigan City! My mortgage, including taxes and insurance, is a little over $900 a month...and I live 15 minutes from the Mecca of Sports. I like to live below my means, and save money....just call me...well...what I am...Bohemian. What exactly is a Stickney?
  20. $665/mo including property taxes and PMI for 1400 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 car garage on a 50x100 corner lot.
  21. QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:05 AM) That's it! It's on! (I'm a redhead) How did she get rid of her freckles? And I seriously doubt he finds you attractive
  22. QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:00 AM) Glad to see Kevin go. But I am willing to endure Bucky for a few more weeks to get rid of Kellie. What's a ballsy? Please, you should at least know what part of speech it is from the context. Pathetic. Another of the many moments I wanted to jump through my TV and smack her for all of America.
  23. Those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat it. Statheads might still be not understanding the White Sox, but you can bet the rest of MLB isn't going to underestimate them... This is going to be a rough year, and we will see what these boys are REALLY made of. The bullseye is firmly on our backs, not the Yankees, not the Red Sox, not the Indians or the Twins. They have no pressure on them. We have the pressure to repeat. Bascially this guy had the hypothesis all wrong, but got lots of the final answer correct. Yes the Sox should be way worse than 4:1 to repeat, but not because those teams are "better".
  24. If I had to guess, while they have tons of people starving to death (the number has been put in the millions overall) NK feels that they don't have the resources to keep handicapped babies alive while healthy people are dying of starvation.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.