Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to mreye's topic in SLaM
    Oh sure, I tell you that Soxtalk is fixed, and you can't even give me the scoop on this? Unbelievable Just Kidding, Congratulations to you, Mrs Eye, and the two little Eyes.
  2. From Scott Merkins mailbag on whitesox.com
  3. http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20060...html?source=rss
  4. http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/2...reut/index.html
  5. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 09:30 AM) Not going to Cincy, but in July I'm going to Cleveland. The wife wants to see the RnR Hall Of Fame and I got some tickets to see The Enemy play against Seattle. Cleveland is a great place to see a ballgame, just one piece of advice with you being the crabby old dude that you are ... Don't sit in the LF bleachers, because you will want to kill the guy on the tom-tom by the end of the game. Also there are some solid bars to drink around the area of the ballpark, explore and enjoy, especially because the traffic after a ballgame kinda sucks around there. Wait it out.
  6. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 09:23 AM) Do you think Gage will react the same way when he comes back and finds he's been demoted? If he was a team player, he would have accepted his new position as Soxtalk's b****... But no, he had to want to run the site :headshake
  7. What a selfish SOB. Hopefully this flushes his value as a free agent down the toilet, and he gets hit big time in the checkbook.
  8. QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 12:47 AM) I was actually looking at tickets tonight. There are still tons of tickets available so i didnt buy anything yet -- but i will soon. I am planning on going to one game and then going up to Cedar Point amusement park the other day. I have never been there but I hear they have some great roller coasters. I might run over to Canton OH to see the Pro Football Hall of Fame (if it is on the way). I just wish they were playing pittsburgh that tues, wed, thurs before so i could make a whole road trip. But they arn't, oh well. You do realize how far apart all of those things are, right? You are talking about 3-4 more hours of driving to get to either of them, plus Cedar Point and the football HOF are no where near each other either. Kings Island is in the Cincy area, and woudn't be too far away.
  9. Good stuff Ribbie, we all know you aren't that smart, so who did you copy it from? In all seriousness, I enjoyed the episode, because I got some of the symbolism, but after that literature lesson, I LOVED that episode. It was so well written.
  10. More Charlotte filler material.
  11. Why does everyone doubt this Don Cooper's ability? He has more success stories than anyone this side of Leo Mazzoni, and yet there are still the snide remarks about him. Does anyone really believe that we win the world series with out Cooper's reclaimation projects of Jose Contreras, Neal Cotts, Bobby Jenks, and Jon Garland? Heck for good measure you could even throw in Esteban Loiaza who Coop fixed, and then we traded to get the guy who started all 3 game ones for us in the playoffs. Don Cooper deserves the benefit of the doubt when he asks Kenny to get him someone, at least until he gets proven wrong a few times.
  12. We aren't going to stop conversation from happening here, but the aim is to build TB as THE Bears site. All of the emphasis, info, and work will be there and not here. We are planning on holding the main football based content and contests over there eventually, as we try to build it as a standalone football site. But like I said, we won't STOP you guys from talking about football here, there will just be a whole lot less people talking about it here, as the main culprits for Bears gossip, will be posting that stuff over there.
  13. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 04:23 AM) We almost traded McCarthy for this guy. Florida asked for McCarthy, and that is when the deal died. We didn't almost trade him there.
  14. QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 04:40 PM) Jery Owens will be FIRST In Charlotte on the team in steals. Book it!
  15. SHOW ME TORN LABRUM BOB!
  16. QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 03:40 PM) I meant to say "twice that much WOULDN'T be enough.. " LOL I need the money, what can I say?
  17. THE Kevin Walker?
  18. QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 02:11 PM) And to think people wanted Borchard to start in CF for us this year over Anderson. Good riddance. He never had a good clubhouse or team attitude, and always put himself last when looking for excuses as to why he sucked. The Sox did hang onto him for way too long, mostly because of that ridicoulous 5 million signing bonus we gave him to leave Stanford. Remember, Seattle wanted Borch in the Freddy Garcia deal, we said no because of the money invested in that signing bonus. Not that we lost much in Reed at all, but certainly a better player than Borchard ever will be. Dude this post is so wrong, I don't even know where to start. #1. Everyone has always loved Borchards attitude. Despite not panning out, he has shown up everyday, worked hard, and blamed no one but himself. Yeah, the kid has mentioned wanting to play, but who doesn't. He has never, ever, said that this is anyones fault but his own. I'd like to see some links to quotes pointing to anything different. #2. Seattle NEVER wanted Borch in the Garcia trade. They wanted Joe Crede and Miguel Olivo, and we placated them with Jeremy Reed and Mike Morse instead. We told them we would not do a deal that involved two starters. The only time Joe Borchards name was ever mentioned was by those in fantasyland who thought KW gave up too much for Garcia and that they should have gave up Borchard instead of Reed. It has never been suggested anywhere credible that Seattle asked for Borch and we offered them Reed instead.
  19. One more idea to chew on for those who think Ross Gload just made the team... The Sox could always switch plans now and keep 12 pitchers with Thornton making the team.
  20. QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 12:27 PM) Twice that much would be enough.. Heck for that much, I'd consider it.
  21. And if you would like to help support the fine content you see provided here at Soxtalk continue at its highest form, don't be afraid to click the ads [/toomuchPBS]
  22. I'm kinda sad to see Borch go, as he was a truely nice guy, and I really wanted to see him feed some crow to some of the more bitter anti-Joe crowd. Hopefully he does something in Seattle, and we can here about how Kenny was stupid to make that deal...
  23. QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 03:42 PM) It IS a Cubs town and will ALWAYS BE. Be careful what you wish for, guys. Already, season tix are gone for 2006. I tried to buy an Ozzie plan and they were all upper deck, NO Cubs tix included and NO special games (like 1/2 way to St. Pats or 4th of July). So while the Cubs will ALWAYS outdraw us, our attendance has SKYROCKETED. I almost keeled when I saw all the people at the parade--where the hell WERE these people all season? Not at the games! I was--I have pix of me and the other 8,000 faithful shivering in May games last year. LOVED the idea that the Sox I had all to myself. No more. I walked into a sports store on Michigan this week. Last year, if you walked in, it was 95% Cubs stuff and you were lucky if they had maybe 2 Sox jerseys and a couple of crappy t-shirts. Now it's reversed--they have an entire WALL of Sox stuff, about seven jerseys, and even my local WHITE HEN has a little White Sox kiosk with pennants and the DVDs. I for one am more than willing to accept a LOSS of attendance if it means enjoying full access to the park, like last year and years prior (until the playoffs, that is). This is just too much. LET the Cubs have the attendance--TRUST ME. They sold out all last year and they SUCKED. This year they will be even worse. But no matter how you slice it, we are World Series Champions. Period. You are kidding right? Do you really think the White Sox would have a near $100 million payroll without the attendance bump they are looking at for 2006? If you had it your way, we would still be looking at a $75 million payroll and wondering how Ross Gload could replace Paul Konerko, and musing about how we could have had Jim Thome if the Sox were willing to pay him. I love seeing the full park, because it means that Kenny Williams has a much bigger checkbook to work with, vs being so self-absorbed as to care about my inconvience at the ballpark. Sorry winning is just way more important than long lines at the bathrooms for me.
  24. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/T/matt-thornton.shtml Thortons minor league numbers as well.
  25. QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 10:57 AM) Vote for the worst. I had forgotten about that site, but at the sametime, I think the 12 year old girl factor is working for Kevin more than anything else... I guess that means we are going to see this clown around for a while. *sigh* Damn I can't wait for baseball to start soon :banghead

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.