Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
How many babes will Konerko Steal this season?
QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 07:50 PM) He will steal the heart of every woman in Chicago who loves bald men, which seems like a lot of women since they all love Konerko. 5 years- $60 million.
-
What is the word on Boone Logan?
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 20, 2006 -> 10:54 AM) If thats the case then im wrong. But I heard earlier that he had pitched for a AAA team with another club? Either way, the guy has several years experience, has shown he can get hitters out, and has shown that he can pound the strike zone. I like him. Some idiot columnist published that garbage, I forget who... He has never pitched at AAA.
-
Exploring the Mayan underworld
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060320/lf_nm/...ent_mexico_dc_2
-
American Idol Predictions
Here is what the money is saying...
-
Who will be 2nd on the team in steals?
I didn't think I would be out on a limb with this, but I am going to say Pablo Ozuna
-
WBC claims it's first victim
QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 01:12 AM) One of the ESPN analists said about this, that if a pitcher blows his elbow or a pitching-related injury, it's not b/c of that one pitch, but a collection of all the pitches before that, and that that pitch is the straw that broke the camals back. As sopme wise man once said: "A stonecutter will hammer away at a rock for perhaps 100 times without a crack showing in it. Then on the 101st blow, it will split in two. It is not that last blow alone which accomplished the result, but the 100 others that went before as well." Exactly. This didn't happen because of the WBC. An injury like this would have happened regardless.
-
How's your bracket?
In one word TOAST. This is the worst year I have had in a long time, although I have watched like zero college ball this year.
-
2006 Soxtalk Baseball League #1
I have got to find someone else to join first, or it won't really matter. Also I don't know at this point if we are going to find a day that works for everyone. My advice right now would be to make sure you prerank your players. I definately don't see it being before Saturday if we have to move the draft time again.
-
Computer tech helps catch man with....
A part of me wonders when the ACLU will be getting involved...
-
Latest on the green seats?
QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 07:50 PM) Ohh that's stupid. Over 5 months isn't enough? http://www.environmentalhomecenter.com/sho...de=AFM_CAULKING So it has to be 55 degrees or more, dry, and out of the sun. So in a word, no, 5 months wasn't enough, because how many days of those 5 months fit the discription at which you could apply caulk?
-
Severe "Cyclone" in Australia....
IIRC its pretty sparsely populated up there, right?
-
May shuttle launch scrubbed
And as if we didn't know this was coming... NASA mistakes shut down the agency for a day... http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/03/17/n...s.ap/index.html
-
Riot in Paris
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 10:49 AM) Riots/Protest = France. Always have. Always will. I guess I would be pissed off too if I were in France
-
What is the word on Boone Logan?
Boone has impressed me more than anyone else in the race for the last lefty. He has good stuff and that arm angle is deceptive, at least for now. Sometimes all it takes is a subtle change like the arm angle. It made a huge difference for Contreras last year, and it took Kelly Wunsch from being a career journeyman minor leaguer, to the majors in about a year.
-
2006 Soxtalk Baseball League #1
ATTENTION ALL!!!! The draft is going to be delayed a week because we still do not have a 12th player. I will post more when I know more. Sorry guys.
-
in the Sunday TRIB ?
QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 04:12 PM) Stay home and talk to your kids or take them to the park to throw around a ball. Save the $300 you spend on tickets and popcorn for their college education. Rick, you don't HAVE to buy tickets from the Cubs' in-house scalpers....either that, or cut back on the f***ing popcorn!!! LMAO!!!! Or just get your seats in that new restaraunt... Ooops, I mean we could always just watch the game for free at the knothole... Oh Damn, uh, I guess we could just try to catch homers on Waveland... s***. I guess not, huh? Oh well, I guess we'll just take our world title and go home.
-
Jenks lost velocity?
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 05:42 PM) I believe he was in the 95-96 range today. Yeah, he looked pretty solid today. Well pitchingwise anyway...
-
What is the word on Boone Logan?
QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 06:56 PM) WTF? Its a horseracing term... It means that he is the leader about halfway through the race.
-
Riot in Paris
Riots in Paris again? Geesh.
-
American Idol Predictions
http://upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=...17-045852-9586r Simon predicts his top three... Two of them I like, one of them I might not stop for in a crosswalk.
-
I'm running the London Marathon and...
Well its not much, but hopefully it helps
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 04:12 PM) Ya, mate. Lots of it. It's sunny and 80 right now. Leaves are out, wildflowers on the way, grass is green, and life is good. how are those wildfires going?
-
Katrina Oaks not going to waste
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/03/14...oaks/index.html
-
2006 Chicago White Sox Season Tickets
QUOTE(WCSox @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 01:39 PM) What was the season ticket base at this time last year? 10,000? 12,000? I still think that 3 million (37,000/game) is a stretch, but 2.8 million (34,500/game) seems likely. I believe 11K was the base last year, but someone else can probably verify that for me.
-
Suspicious activity at the S. Tower
QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 01:25 PM) *THIS READTHAY IS BEING ONITOREDMAY* I know your joking and all, but I almost wish it were true because it is going to be a disaster when it finally happens. A part of me actually wants to take my digital down to the Sears Tower just to see if I even get noticed trying to mimic the behavior of these people.