Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
In like a Lion... March 06 Quotes of the Month
This whole thread is turning out pretty awesome... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...dpost&p=1081149
-
TalkBulls.com and TalkBears.com
TalkBears.com and TalkBulls.com look awesome on the front pages. Don't forget to tell your friends about these sites!!! TalkBears.com TalkBulls.com
-
Wrigley sells out bleacher naming rights
In a related story, it was announced today that the sequal to the critically acclaimed "March of the Penguins" will be shot at Wrigley Field starring the masses of Cubs fans.... The working title thus far is "March of the Lemmings"
-
Indians @ Sox - 4/2 Game Thread
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:23 AM) Last year's Opening Day thread. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:29 AM) YoungstownIndians wrote: "And we WILL Own you this year! You guys can't and won't get past the Twinkies. I have my doubts with the Tribe. But you got a longer world series drought then we do. I'M OUT. Talk Smack on my board if you want. Do whatever!" "Who has the longest. drought. NOW......Grasshoppah!!!" That was the best opening day ever.
-
Report: MLB to probe past steroid use
Hopefully someone sends a person down to the DR to ask about Sammy's "lost" cash and Flintstone vitamins.
-
This or that
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:31 AM) Frank Ertha Kit or Lee Meriwether OR Julie Newmar?? The Cute One The Party Posse or the Be Sharps?
- This or that
-
Thanks to the Sox!!!!!
This is the perfect place for this. I love stories like this
-
My friends and I are all 18 now...
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 07:16 AM) Oh, you pay. You always pay ... sooner or later. Boy that's the truth ain't it
-
American Idol Predictions
Disco would be another great theme to throw a lot of people off their game. Hopefully they follow up country week with something on the other end of the spectrum so that Bucky and Kellie get knocked on their asses too.
-
This or that
The Godfather Twins or Indians
-
Good news on Fabio Castro
OK, I split out the arguement stuff. If you all want to talk about Castro, feel free. If you want to insult each other, don't.
-
Jill Carroll Released
Thank God.
-
Holy Crap Scully.....
Another victim of the Hollywood starvation diet... What is wrong with looking normal????? :headshake
-
American Idol Predictions
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 10:05 PM) Oh, and it was funny to see Simon say "Creed wouldn't be caught dead on this show". Who the hell is he kidding??? Creed would have blown their way to get onto that damn show. Yeah, Creed, the pinnacle on music integrity and the high point of "underground". Prove to us a little more about how all these judges know about is "Pop", please. Would have... but not anymore. I think that's what he was getting at. I was kinda sad to see Lisa go, as she had a nice genuine personality, which seems to be getting more rare on that show, and wasn't afraid to try something different. I am glad to see it be country week, and hopefully they will work the arrangements to the point where these people can't weasel another week of their chosen niche.
-
Gamethread 3/29: White Sox vs. Brewers
QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 05:21 PM) Actually, I think it's two consecutive outings, and what's wrong with being happy that he's starting to show improvement? Its always cooler to stand out and predict doom and gloom for some reason... I'll never get it. Even the players I despise I want to see succeed, and it makes me happy when they do. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 05:50 PM) Interestingly, Konerko's DP's were WAY down last year, from 28 in his awful 03 season to 22 in 04 to only 9 last year. Different people in front of him? Maybe some of it, certainly easier to double up Thomas than Podsednik, but 22 to 9 is a pretty darn massive drop IMO. Its a different philosophy. He is going up the middle and the other way with runners on a lot more, and looking to drive the ball to the left field wall with nobody on. Having Pods and Iguchi in front of him sure does help, because it puts a guy on first base less often and more often on second and third bases. Although with Thome in front of Pauly, I wouldn't be surprised to see his totals jump back up again, as we all so how little Everett singled while hitting in front of Pauly.
-
Guest Worker
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 04:18 PM) Against an over trillion dollar deficit, it is chump change. Would you care to compare that to foreign aid dollars or the interest we pay countries like China on our debt? And where did you get that number and what does it represent? How can twelve million people create 16 billion for the Mexican government? Just doing the math that sounds like $1333, per year, per person. Its really not that much if you think about it. In fact I would imagine the number is WAY higher in reality.
-
Doyel on Huggins
It was interesting to see that both of the last two Kansas coaches did this exact samething before.... I wonder if they teach this in Kansas or the Big 12?!?!?
-
Majerus to become headcoach of ASU?
QUOTE(HoosierSox @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 10:42 AM) Notice they said "Pending a physical evaluation". How often do they do that for coaches. I think he would have been a top candidate for the Indiana job if he didnt have health problems. He may not last long in the hot Arizona dessert. Rick was my pick for the IU job if he was healthy. Tremendous Xs and Os guy and an incredible recruiter. I'll never understand how he got guys to go play in Utah
-
More human remains found near WTC
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/28/D8GKSBOG0.html
-
Rick Morrisey 2nd best big city, sports columnist
- Caption fun
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 08:52 AM) This picture has so many caption options, I want to see what you guys can do with it "Oh my baby-daddy, I finally found you after all of these years."- Are You Ready for Year of the Bandwagon?!
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 11:44 AM) This morning the CFO (Cub fan who bought tickets for the playoffs) offered us 2 club level tickets for $250 each. He fully expected us to jump on them from the look on his face when we both laughed at him. I told him I would gladly take them and try to sell (give them away) them for him... [cough,cough]- American Idol Predictions
QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 11:04 AM) Well, you know it's going to be bad when Bucky gives far from the worst vocal performance. I agree with your bottom three, but if it was based purely on vocals from last night I think it would be Kellie instead of Bucky. Lisa, Kellie and Ace were actually physically painful. . . Yeah, I thought Bucky had a decent night, but he really doesn't seem to have too much support. He was definately better than Kellie, who I would have to think about stopping before running over in the crosswalk... Unfortunately too many people are buying into the cute dumb blonde thing and she gets to stick around.- Mcd's game
How did Oden do? - Caption fun