Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 05:12 PM) I'm not so sure I understand what you are implying. GOP = no abortions, ever -and- no more gun controls than we already have. DEM = abortion on demand -and- more gun controls. I guess I'm one of the twin siders. I believe there should be some restrictions on abortions and some restrictions on guns. What I am implying??? Ah yes, I posted it so there must be some sinster evil conservative undertow that Dick Cheney told me to put there...
  2. If the Hawks can figure out a way to level out the time spent on special teams, they might have a chance at this. Right now they spend waaaaaaaaaay too much time shorthanded, and have a terrible PK. They are excellent 5 on 5 and solid on their own PP, but they take way to many stupid penalties. I don't think I have ever seen a team that is 3 on 5 as many times a game as the Hawks are.
  3. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 03:54 PM) I agree with some of you. We must play keep a way with CLE. We can't let them get Thome. Have you seen his numbers at the Jake & the Cell? How could we beat them? I think keeping him away from CLE is even more important than resigning Kong. CLE is not even in contention to sign Kong so if it's not a member of the White Sox he's out of the division & possibly in the NL. But CLE has just a s good a chance to get Thome from Philly as well do. We can't & must not allow that to happen. Cleveland doesn't need Thome, they need pitching and defense. Their offense is fine at 1b/DH. They need to really worry about bringing back Millwood/Howry/Wickman or replacing them without harming their core of young players.
  4. QUOTE(timotime @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 11:53 PM) why is blum still being discussed? Or an even bigger mystery.. Why do you care?
  5. Ah yes the gun control arguements. It just amazes me that one side can see a slipperly slope arguement with gun control, but doesn't want to admit the samething when it comes to abortion.
  6. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 01:17 PM) Paul was educating us on Blackbird last night and how it came about. Quite interesting actually. J.S. Bach. And, the "political motivation of the day" was the way he phrased it, or something along those lines. That's where I learned it from too. Straight from the Walrus's mouth
  7. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 01:11 PM) Being a silly goof I was going to say "Helter Skelter". But seriously? As soon as that kid gets the slightest smile ability going, put on "Obladee Oblada" and get your dancing shoes on. Very excellent suggestion. I love that song, and it makes a great sing along song.
  8. QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 01:03 PM) yup, i'm sorry, madison would have saw right through the soft melodies and started screaming instantly I apologize. I said FWIW... Not a lot of people know the meaning behind the song, and I was just trying to educate your ass
  9. QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 12:59 PM) Blackbird and The Fool on the Hill Both are soft songs and the latter is a theme song for "someone"......even she'll get it already. FWIW, Blackbird is actually a very deep statement on the outsiders view of the civil rights movement of the 1960's. I know it sounds light, but it is a very deep song.
  10. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 12:52 PM) All Together Now need to be on there too. It HAS to close with Good Night. Good Night is a solid suggestion. One of these nights I am just going to go through all of the titles and pick stuff that way.
  11. A little project I started working on over the weekend was a CD of Beatles songs, that would be a neat CD for the baby. I had a few songs come to mind, but I want to fill a CD. Also I have no problem with solo or works from other bands that included former Beatles. So far I have this... Your mother should know Beautiful Boy Golden Slumbers Octopus's Garden Yellow Submarine
  12. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) I honestly was gone all weekend from any news sources, but is it better for the debate to post what Bush is saying, or to post what other posters are not saying? It appears that Bush Backers are now resorting to attacking the other posters and not defending Bush. That is sadder to me than Bush Bashers not posting his latest remarks. In my case it just means I see there is no point in talking about it with some people on here. I used to think Juggernaut was insane when he pointed to bias in the way that some people handled subjects and posters... Now I wonder.
  13. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 08:53 AM) By the time his followers hear about it, it wasn't to avoid surrender, they trapped the infidels and blew the enemy up. Then the American press slandered the memory of a great martyr. In other words, it just doesn't matter how he really died. The war continues and in his "honor" a dozen more young men sign up :headshake But Allah knows the truth. And that is what matters. Now back to the orginal question again, is that enough for martyrdom?????
  14. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 12:11 PM) So, the 40-man deadline has passed, and the Sox still have 39 people on their 40-man roster. Does this seem a little weird to anyone? Why would you not use all those slots to protect prospects, if nothing else? Is this a typo on MLB, or does it hint at something else? Any ideas, anyone? They could be looking at someone in the Rule 5 draft also...
  15. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 08:21 AM) LOL, you are still amazed? That's wonderful to be so childishly amazed. I kid because I care™ I just thought it was funny that SS didn't post a link to Bush's statements. That seemed more important than pointing out that no one else did. But nice call, here's a pretzle, chew carefully. There isn't much point to posting anything that isn't anti-Bush on here anymore. Notice no green.
  16. Some plant closings... -OK City by early 06 -Lansing by mid 06 -Spring Hill TN by end of 06 -Doraville GA in 08 Shifts are being cut at a couple of other plants...
  17. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 08:37 AM) Then yes, suicide bombing is a way to martyrdom, but you knew that. But is blowing yourself up to avoid surrender considered a suicide bombing?
  18. Piecemeal is hitting the newswires now -9 assembly plants closed, 3 service and one parts... -30K manufacturing jobs cut by 08 -capacity to be cut 1 million vehicles per year by 08 -most cuts to be through attrition/early retirees -"significant" charge expected to pay for revamp Of course GM is up almost 3% on instinet trading.
  19. Any rumors of where?
  20. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 08:18 AM) It could be reported that the ugly American blood thirsty infidels bombed him and he dies a martyr. Remember their press is as unreliable and biased as ours. It could be reported that he was wearing a dress and a curly wig hosting a teaparty for his dolls... that wasn't my question though.
  21. Happy Birthday Kip :cheers
  22. So is committing suicide to avoid being arrested enough to be a "martyr"?
  23. What no references on here to Bush praising Murtha and his service? I am shocked
  24. He is ordered to pay $30 million. http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/11/18/blake.trial.ap/index.html
  25. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 10:30 PM) The Rangers expected higher attendance, and expected to raise the payroll even higher and attract more free agents. To that end, they promised A-Rod certain things that would make the team more competitive. The attendance did not spike enough, the Rangers were not able to attract more free agents, and wanted out of the contract they offered as much as A-Rod wanted to leave. Now imagine if players didn't care about the money. I just want to win. Get me on the Yankees or Braves at any cost. What does that do to the competitive balance in baseball? To follow your logic, every free agent in baseball should be kicking themselves for not signing with the Sox for any price. And as far as going to the highest bidder, how much of a difference is there between the Rangers, Mariners, and Pirates? What the hell else are you going to judge it on? Mr. Owner, I am looking over your offer and please reduce it by $4,000,000 per year and buy another player. Thank God for people like Chipper Jones.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.