Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10250404/from/RS.4/
  2. QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 04:18 PM) if the angels do ink konerko, i think you can throw those earlier kenny williams comments out the door. in other words, i believe the white sox will be big players for ramirez if konerko doesn't resign. Unless the Red Sox plan on picking up at least half of that contract, the Sox wouldn't even listen. Plus when you add in that they might have picked up controversial players in the past such as Belle and Everett, but none of those guys ever had the lazy label. Manny is not a fit for the White Sox, both because of the money and his work ethic.
  3. QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 04:15 PM) & KW almost gave JG & PK for Randy Johnson 2 years ago only to have AZ GM say wasnt enough to deal for.... Randy Johnson was the big factor in that deal when he said he wanted to go to somewhere he could win right away, aka New York.
  4. Or how about this for having an unfair advantage? This was in today's Trib.
  5. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 08:37 AM) I think there needs to be a display/room/area that discusses baseball history and Rose should be discussed there, along with the Black Sox, etc. IMHO the Hall needs to be part of a baseball museum. I will say this, I think betting on baseball, in the manner that Rose did, is less an offense than using steroids when they were banned. Rose betting on the outcome of a game he was not involved in does not effect the competition, a player in that same game on steroids is taking an unfair advantage outside the rules and does effect the competition. There is plenty of talk that Pete bet on Reds games as well, much of it comes from his old bookie.
  6. QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 03:05 PM) The Score is reporting that the Angels have offered Konerko 5 years, $65 million. Its the Score, I'll believe it when an intelligent source reports it.
  7. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10252374/
  8. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 01:47 PM) It's kind of a dead time right now, so I figured I'd link y'all to some classic Soxtalk.... Remember when we were holding out for a hero? Well, he showed up. I guess Jason's partly to thank, but try not to read the game thread and smile when thinking of that night when Rally Crede debuted and Joe homered not once, but twice, and made us all believe. Jas makes the Rally Crede, but I start the craze.... September 20 Game Thread.....Joe saves the day. Nice try stealing my thunder, I was the first to add the Rally Crede, well besides Jason.
  9. What was our payroll in 1996?
  10. The American Center for Law and Justice has come out in favor of abortion notifications for parents, and they make an interesting arguement. This case might be ending up in front of the Supreme Court soon.
  11. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 11:00 AM) I'm still rummaging in my closet for the mu-mu, thank you very much. Jim you come out of that closet right now!
  12. Churing out in the Atlantic
  13. As many know I am a big fan of odd ball conspiracy stuff, but I had never heard of this one before. Apparently a 12th century pope made predictions on the rest of the Catholic popes through the rest of time. Depending on who you believe this will either take you to the end of the Catholic church or the end of the world. According to these predictions Pope Benedict the XVI will be succeed by "Peter the Roman" who will take the Catholics to the end. http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp http://www.landscapetv.com/uk/kots/stmalachi.html
  14. Those really aren't nearly as big as was rumored. This could be a very good thing for us.
  15. QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 06:38 PM) Classy. ^^^
  16. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 06:41 PM) From being out here in California where we keep having idiotically called special elections every few months it seems...yeah it is a bad thing. If there's such a thing as election fatigue, this state is seeing it right now. I think once the initial battles and pissing contests were over with, it would be a much more cooperative system for the most part. The current set up we have gives no incentives for working together and advancing government. Right now the minority parts role is to pick apart the exsisting majority and stall government to prohibit the majority from getting any "victories" that might further their stranglehold on the government.
  17. QUOTE(rangercal @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 05:56 PM) Ok where are all the Tyson Apologists? He did not come to camp in shape? That Contradicts just about everything all the little Tyson fans have said on this board about him. Must have gotten a little too much advice from Eddy... And of course it has shown up on the court as well.
  18. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 04:16 PM) True Dat. Maybe there would be *GASP* accountability in our government. Or maybe the sides would be working together instead of competing for the most played soundbyte.
  19. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 03:49 PM) This is one positive thing about not having a parliamentary government here... Our government would have been dissolved about 20 times between last year and this year. You say that like its a bad thing.
  20. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 03:46 PM) Ventura got lowballed by Schueler. He made him an offer that wasn't close to what he was being offered elsewhere. I agree, Ordonez was ripped for his comments, but he also was called greedy. People should bow to him. If he re-signed with the Sox, the wait would be up to 89 years now. I know for me the greed comments came out of his negotitating tactics. If he had been honest about things, and still wanted more money fine, but when you resort to playing dirty, the labels will get stuck on you, fair or not. And honestly I am glad Ordonez was gone after the way he acted. Plus his money being gone made room for Contreras and Garcia to be aquired. I'd call them pretty important to our success.
  21. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 03:35 PM) I would never blame a player for taking the money. But how many on this board lit into Ordonez for taking $75 million from Detroit, and lit into him for hiring Boras, who is well known for getting his clients maximum dollars, when the White Sox offered him $60 million and he turned it down? I think the Sox are making a mistake putting a deadline on Konerko re-signing, unless they really wouldn't be all that upset he refuses their offer. I think the Ordonez backlash was almost all from his lying to the team and calling the organization and its leaders liars, and cheats essentially. To me it seemed like the monetary amount didn't matter, but his dirty dealings are what pissed off people the most. No one complains about Robin Ventura taking more money from the Mets do they? I think if Ordonez hadn't tried to get down and dirty with the Sox, not many would have faulted him for taking that much more money.
  22. For those who are interested I forwarded the link to the Rowand appreciation thread to Merkin with a note about the love that Soxtalk and Sox fans have for Aaron. I will let you all know if I get anykind of a reply.
  23. The Bulls are screwed if Tyson is out for any amount of significant time.
  24. QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 02:41 PM) It seems like the chances of the Sox resigning PK are fading by the day. I've heard from different sources that the Sox are interested in signing Nomar if PK goes elsewhere. Nomar would be a DH/back-up 3B. Don't forget his agent is also Frank's agent with whom the Sox have an excellent relationship. I had picked Nomar to sign with the Sox last year, as a favor to him to get him back on his feet again. I could still see this happening if all else fails.
  25. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 01:56 PM) Let me give you a real answer, we got Thome. It was days until I noticed what he was going to cost the Sox. I wasn't interested in the least. I was interested in where he would hit, where he would field, and the fact he is a solid citizen in the club house. I don't care if he's making $5 mil or $10 mil. If the Astros made more money this season than the Red Sox would it or should it make a difference to any of the fans? When they start publishing the box scores in the financial section, I'll start caring. Until then, I'm not that interested, but now I can see why some fans are so fascinated by it all. Thank you for the education. Counting other people's money just doesn't do anything for me. Counting OPM makes a big difference to me when it is a direct relation to who my favorite team will but on the field, to think otherwise would be putting blinders on. Its kinda like saying that it doesn't matter that I have a huge house or not, when you aren't able to afford the property taxes on it, and are going to lose it anyways. If you don't have one eye on the budget, you aren't getting the full picture of what a teams realistic expectations are on almost any personel matter.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.