Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
New Mexico gov admits baseball lie
QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:02 AM) No I was 5 at the time If I'm going to lie, I damn sure will make it a biggie. How was babies 1st Thansgiving? That's why I didn't put your real age The Thanksgiving was very nice. The family gatherings are really nice not only because of seeing everyone, the food, and the like, but also it gives the wife and I a break as everyone else wants to see her. How was the Thanksgiving Armadillo?
-
New Mexico gov admits baseball lie
QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 10:49 AM) Some reporters have waaaaay to much time on their hands, or one of his rivals spent some time working the arvhives. As I was reading it, I was thinking what a coincidence I was drafted with the A's in 1966. As a 25-year old catching prospect. Edited for accuracy.
-
Man arrested for Lego theft
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/25/lego.theft.ap/index.html
-
This trade allows White Sox to resign Konerko!
QUOTE(JoshPR @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 12:45 AM) This team wins the f***ign world series and is still under a damn salary Cap. Would you rather see them spend $120 million one year, and then go Florida Marlins on us the next year? This team has been perpetually competitive for a long time now, because the management has been smart both playerwise and financially.
-
Sox Reportedly Send Rowand, Gonzalez and Haigwood
I am going to give a threadjacking to the minor league considerations here, but is there any chance that Chris Young could break camp as our starting CF in 2006?
-
What to do with Duque...
QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 08:21 AM) So basically, trade him back to the yanks?? It wouldn't surprise me, that's for sure. But there always seems to be at least one major injury during spring training, and a team like that could look at Hernandez too. Plus the Sox could bring him to camp for the same reason. You just never know.
-
What's going to happen to the Big Hurt?
QUOTE(timotime @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 11:46 AM) take your mom out for a show and a movie, then go back to my place...again. It makes sense I guess. I just can't believe while she is baby sitting you, she lets you on the computer unsupervised though.
-
KW news confrence / THOME TRADE OFFICIAL
They can't have the press confrence until the trade is "official". Everyone has to have their physicals and MLB has to approve the money changing hands in the deal because it is over one million dollars. Especially with this being a holiday weekend, it might take a few days.
-
What to do with Duque...
I get the feeling that Hernandez will come to camp with the Sox to compete with Brandon for the 5th spot. If all things are equal, McCarthy will be the 5th starter and Hernandez will be traded somewhere at the end of March to someone who either has an injury, or realizes how bad their rotation is then.
-
Who went out this morning?
I didn't go because I work a half day today... but even if I didn't there isn't a chance that I would have been anywhere near a mall today.
-
Official Re-sign Paul Konerko Thread
QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 06:58 AM) Some interesting bits from this article: http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/whitesox.asp?id=125348 So Anderson it is. Looks like KW did that. Really cool to see mutual respect. I also like the fact that Thome has already offered to fly to AZ to help with Paulie. That makes me feel all tingly inside.
-
Severe Thunderstorm!!!!
Beautiful as always Ian!
-
alpha beta gamma
QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 08:48 AM) a conservative one? I was waiting for someone to take the alley oop. Geesh.
-
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends and extended family here at Soxtalk. Have a safe and happy holiday
-
Sox Reportedly Send Rowand, Gonzalez and Haigwood
That brings up another interesting point. The 40 man roster is now at 38 players for the Sox. I wonder if we have a rule 5 pitcher in mind?
-
So who is next?
I think when it comes to starters we are done. We might aquire bench depth, but the Sox starting line up is set IMO.
-
Sox Reportedly Send Rowand, Gonzalez and Haigwood
QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 05:47 PM) I am not in favor of this trade. Too much talent, if in fact it is true, going away for an oft injured IBman when we have other options I am going to be peeveish, but why do people refer to Thome as "injury prone" or anything of that ilk? In the last 11 years he has played less than 120 game ONCE (last year) and less than 140 games twice. Don't you have to be injured more than once in 10 years or so to be considered injury prone? I know his back gave him problems last year, but the guy basically never missed anytime in his career because of injury until 2005.
-
alpha beta gamma
And what kind of liberal would you be if you couldn't be kept at your word?
-
White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:01 PM) Row + Haigwood + Gio = Thome + 1/2 his contract I just don't like it. Gio scared me with his small frame and injury problems. Haig bothers me more than Gio, but with the amount of money Philly picked up, we had to expect to give up something. It'll be interesting to see if either of those kids make it.
-
ARow Appreciation Thread
Good idea. I hate losing Aaron, because I LOVE the way he plays the game. He should serve as an inspiration to every single little leaguer around.
-
White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews
QUOTE(Pierzynski 12 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:33 PM) I wasn't talking to you was i. You should have been. Enjoy your time off.
-
White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews
QUOTE(Pierzynski 12 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:26 PM) Way to go KW.If this is happening then f*** you!!!Trading Rowand is bad. Don't post stuff like that. Consider this your warning.
-
White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:25 PM) I wonder who the prospect is. A Chris Young? I would be shocked if it were Young. As a matter of a fact he might have a shot at CF next year.
-
Bush Legacy
QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:08 PM) See if you can comprehend what I'm saying, I'll write in caps so maybe it's easier for you...ISRAEL IS OUR ALLY! THEY ARE OUR ONLY ALLY IN THE MIDDLE EAST! If Israel has nukes, and if the US has supplied them with the nukes, it's because the US needs the nukes there (strategically!). No need to get ignorant. The conversation was civil up until now. I see your circular logic. Its OK for illegal activities to justify the means in Israel, but if George Bush did do something similar to get his war in Iraq, that isn't all right. If you want to justify this fine, but don't get pissed off when it goes the other way. Then it becomes hypocracy, and that doesn't look good on you. By that logic, Iraq should have kept their WMDs as a protection against the US, despite the fact that it was an illegal program. You can't have it both ways, when it justifies your beliefs.
-
White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:11 PM) Even though I am happy about getting Thome. Losing Rowand hurts very bad That's pretty much what I think of it. I hate losing Aaron. I love the way he plays the game, but when it comes to organizational depth and talent, this looks to be a good deal for the Sox. Of course the devil is in the details, for money and other players in this case, but we will see about that stuff.