Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Official Re-sign Paul Konerko Thread
QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 01:58 PM) This article paints a negative picture on our hopes to re-sign Konerko: http://www.suntimes.com/output/rapoport/cst-spt-rap28.html This dude is an ass. I guess he figures you can't be upset to see Rowand go, but still like the trade?
-
Canadian government "Set to fall"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4477606.stm
-
Cubs Still not learning
The Cubs have abou $30 million or so to spend in the worst FA market I can remember, and they are doing everything they can to spend it. Hopefully they will waste all of their flexibility too.
-
Brian Anderson stat projection for 2006
Just judging on the past history of Sox call ups with solid minor league numbers and long swings, I think the power numbers might fit, but the average will be in the .230-.240 range. I think Anderson has some growing to do, and it will reflect in his numbers.
-
Ramsey Clark - Commie/Defender of Filth
I am assuming you meant this for SLaP, so I am going to move it...
-
Bush Legacy
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 12:10 PM) Furthermore, there is no way to gauge the percentage of "Under-employment" in this country either - people with high level degrees stuck working at WalMart, that sort of thing, which can be just as much a drag on the economy as the former. I just want to speak to this part of the post. There is one better, but obviously not perfect, way of measuring underemployment IMO, and that is to use the average hourly wage numbers that get put out. Interestingly enough those have been steadily increasing over the years, and I can't figure out why. We always read about layoffs from high paying jobs, but this number never really goes down, and I have not been able to figure out why. I don't know if it is just we always hear about the layoffs and assume that all high paying jobs are gone, or if there really is high wage job creation going on, but just in different fields from where people are getting laid off of, and we never hear about that either. Then again it could be all statistical manipulation as well, and we would never really hear about that either.
-
Abuse worse than under Saddam, says Allawi
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 12:13 PM) Can we apply that same standard to all of Bush's rosy assessments of Iraq? Its done here everyday. I just found an irony in blowing off that particular statement for that exact reason.
-
Bush Legacy
QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 10:05 AM) When Clinton was in Office, I got regular cost of living increases every year (I am a Government employee), that hasn't happenned during the Bush presidency. That's just 1 example. You mean he did something to cut the size of government? Now it all makes sense, its sour apples.
-
New Sox fan
Congrats CC, keep us posted on the progress of everything!!!
-
Officials wary of border uniforms made in Mexico
QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 08:17 AM) That's typical. You'd think we could have the uniforms made in the US. Nah, more likely China
-
Who's down with O.P.P?
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 27, 2005 -> 01:13 AM) Got that finger right on the pulse of pop culture, eh? I'm down wit' O.P.PA. That's the PA we all know and love... Down with 1992.
-
Abuse worse than under Saddam, says Allawi
QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 08:36 AM) See also every politician alive at one point or another. That's kinda my point. You can't just dismiss one politician's words off hand as politicing, but then invest in the words of another one. Its kinda silly.
-
Chris Young/Brian Anderson
Brian Anderson will not be dealt, and as things stand right now, the only way Chris Young gets dealt is if the Sox end up with a huge hole that they don't have now through injury. As it stands now, Young will come to camp to compete for a wide open CF job with Jerry Owens and Anderson.
-
Abuse worse than under Saddam, says Allawi
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 01:15 AM) Just remember...Allawi is in campaign mode...and he's campaigning against the party he's aiming at here. Just because he says it doesn't mean it's totally true. See also Congressman Murtha.
-
Political News: 11/27-12/3
I knew something like this was going to happen sooner or later. With all of the kidnapping, torture, and murder of the contractors, it was only a matter of time.
-
Jim Callis of BA rates Chris Young
QUOTE(Spiff @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 12:47 PM) So was Papelbon, maybe even moreso. That's where I was going with that. I don't see how you could have one in and one out????
-
Give it up for the birthday boy, Sideshowapu!
Happy Birthday to my favorite Commie!!!
-
Jim Callis of BA rates Chris Young
Paplebon is in the top 20 but McCarthy isn't? What's up with that???
-
So who is next?
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 12:47 PM) I think Patterson has to loopy of a swing to ever be a successful hitter, but that's jmo. A lot of people have referred to Young having a long swing IIRC. I haven't seen him play at all and I am just going by what I have read and heard.
-
So who is next?
QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 12:28 PM) I would sooner start Chris Young in center field next season and I would be shocked if he wasn't much better than Patterson offensively. From what I hear of Young, he has the same kind of potential as Patterson, the one difference being that Patterson is closer to being at the level today than Young is. It sounds like Young still has some work to do, but no one doubts his potential.
-
So who is next?
QUOTE(timotime @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) patterson is better than pierre? sure...i'll accept that. but both are bad. just to confirm, you seriously think that we should get patterson Corey Patterson's ability alone makes him worth a look with a team. His cost will never be lower, and who knows if a guy like Ozzie could get through to him. Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery to wake a guy like this up, and its not like he has washed out with 3 or 4 teams. If you don't pay to much, his potential makes him worth a shot.
-
White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews
QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:27 AM) ask yourselves this question: if you just won the WS with a bunch of guys that rolled thru the division and then went 11-1 in the playoffs DO YOU NEED TO GET RID OF ANYONE THAT WAS AN INTEGRAL PART? I SAY HELL NO! I will say it again you gotta know when is the time to NOT try to make the team better and just leave things the way they are... At least wait until the all-star break! Actually I have been asking myself this question... Why are you freaking out about this deal so badly? We get it, you don't like the trade. That's fine. But why act like Kenny Williams ran over your handicapped grandmother in the crosswalk of a schoolzone, and then backed up to hit her again, all of the while dragging the World Series trophy tied to his bumper.
-
Xbox 360
QUOTE(Spiff @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:33 AM) They make it all up on software. GMTA Spiffy
-
Xbox 360
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 11:26 AM) http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140383.html Bill Gates must REALLY want people to buy this machine They make it all back in spades on the games.
-
This trade allows White Sox to resign Konerko!
Kenny Williams is the king of buy low, sell high. Look at the guys he has gotten, and when he got them.