Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 01:25 PM) I always leave feedback when the other party has completed their end of the transaction. I find that large sellers rarely leave feedback and when they do, it is canned. I do not place much faith in the feedback system. Too much threat of retaliation in the feedback. I have two negatives, both from the same seller, at the same time because I posted negative on him. that is exactly why I wait to leave feedback. Even if it means no feedback at all gets left, so be it.
  2. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    I always wait for the seller to leave feedback first if I am the buyer. If I am the seller I check and make sure that the buyer recieved everything OK first, and then I leave feedback.
  3. QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:36 PM) Everyone keeps saying they won't move BMac. I sure as hell hope everyone is right. There is no reason to do so. There is no need that the White Sox have that is important enough as to give up your top prospect. Anything the Sox are going to do from here on out is going to be window dressing, and nothing resembling remodeling.
  4. QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:43 PM) Simply put, what did Burnett ever do to warrant 11 million a year? I couldn't pay that much for potential. If he pans out, the 3-some of Halladay, Burnett, Chacin could be tough for the Sawx and Yanks. The $11 million doesn't bother me that much as it is pretty well in line with the marketplace. The 5 years just blows me away for a guy that has some major work done on that arm, more than once.
  5. QUOTE(mreye @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:00 PM) Don't you miss that job, Mike? ROTFLMAO!!! Even before the Bennett stuff came out, it was the worst run place I have ever worked, and that is having worked in retail for a couple of years, and this industry for 7 years now. The funniest thing was that they had their incentive plans set up all backwards, so the incentives were based on not making errors, well because they gave everyone the same raise, no matter what you review was, and they didn't give out any bonuses worth mentioning, it was better to not to any work, than to do work and risk losing the one bonus you could get. It bred the laziest group of co-workers I have ever been involved with, and this is from someone who spent two years managing teenagers who earned minimum wage. Refco was horrible.
  6. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 11:34 AM) I really think that in a few years, or maybe even this year, Toronto is going to wind up regretting this move. Whenever he has his next major surgery...
  7. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 11:29 AM) Beat you to it, its already in ATH Awww good for you, here's a lollipop, now run along kid.
  8. 5 years $55 million
  9. QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 10:02 AM) Saw Rob Thomas at the Auditorium Theater last night. That was my first time seeing a concert there. Great show as always. Soxy as soon as I DL them I'll send you the pics.. This might be the first post over the course of hundreds of posts where I actually recognized the name of who was being discussed
  10. QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 09:53 AM) My step daughter just went into labor.. Yippie.. I'm gonna be a grama today. Good luck to the new mom and Grandma
  11. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 09:52 PM) Why would the drays sign Rocco to a long term deal and then trade him? Cost certianty can make a player a lot more attractive on the trade market. Knowing that you have 6 years of a Baldelli you would be willing to give up more than for 3 years and a question mark. It also means that you know with certianty how much money that position will cost you for the rest of that contract and gives you the flexibilty to work with the other positions.
  12. QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:36 PM) "Excuse Me Steff... you are 2GB over your alloted network space.. please delete files you don't need... " "Pardon me IT jag... if I didn't need the damn files they wouldn't be there... Talk to my boss if you don't like the space my job takes up" ...Sigh... Well you *could* delete the 5 GB of Neal Cotts pics...
  13. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:58 PM) After the years of the Clinton witch hunt, the Congressional conservatives have no f***ing room to talk about vendettas. Yes, Clinton lied about a BJ under oath. However, many of the other stories (i.e. Troopergate etc.) were total and complete BS. And then again many were not, the Repubs just didn't have the ability to get him for them.
  14. southsider2k5 replied to RockRaines's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 04:24 PM) i've never had anything bigger than a twin bed. I don't know what i'd do if i actually had a decent sized bed, probably cry. Or wet it like normal
  15. QUOTE(ptatc @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:36 PM) Everyone knew about the surgery when he was refrred there by the White sox podiatrist (his services were let go soon there after) and he was seen in Austria. That's why everyone was questioning the health of the knee. As for the workout you're right it went from I'll work out for anyone to I'll workout for anyone with written offer of "x" amount, knowing full well noone would do it until they saw the knee and records. Again not bargaining in good faith and probably misleading and lying about the health of the knee in the process. As I stated while this was happening, "I don't believe a word of it." As a matter of fact I would like to see the records on his "sports hernia" surgery which kept him out of most of last year, while coincidently allowed more time for his knee to heal. I still don't like the long term outlook of his knee. As I recall things, the Sox didn't know about the surgery for a while, because Maggs told the doctor that he could not tell the team about the surgery, even though he referred him. I could have sworn that Maggs exercised his doctor/patient privlidge and told the doc NOT to tell the Sox about the surgery.
  16. QUOTE(ptatc @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 09:34 PM) What he did was not allow anyone to examine Magg's knee or examine the medical records until there was a confirmed written offer on the table. As you said this is not illegal but is not bargaining in good faith. I would not deal with him because of the manner in which he conducts his business either. The lying actually occured when both Maggs and Borass were parading around saying that Maggs was recovering just fine and that he would be working out for any team, yet when asked to he refused to do so, because he had just had a secret surgery done in Austria, but didn't want to tell anyone that. There was more crap in the BS that he threw at Ozzie and Kenny, but the lies were regarding the surgery and his supposed level of health.
  17. LMFAO. The Marlins are the reason that the Sox are a God send for staying within their budgetary allowances. We have a competitive team on the field every single year, because the Sox don't do something stupid every few years and spend tons of money, while losing a bunch on the bottom line. Then when it all catches up to the Marlins, they have to sell off everyone and suck for a period of years. I know the standard retort will be that the Marlins have won a couple of World Series, but there is no way that this model would work for the Sox, as they couldn't put enough butts in the seats to build up to the WS teams like the Marlins did, if the Sox were losing 90-100 games a year. If the Sox ever got to the point that they were losing that many games, they might as well fold the franchise because it would be DOA. This is exactly why I am glad that JR and company know how to keep a balanced budget, and have the baseball people to put good teams on the field, without paying yankees type prices for their players.
  18. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:04 PM) NO! I already did that(not joking) and it turned out bad. Very bad. :banghead :banghead In your case the lack of coolness had nothing to do with the jersey
  19. FWIW, lots of people sell their extra tickets through here and have had tons of success doing so. We actually set up an areas specifically for stuff like that if you are interested. Its the swapmeet board towards the bottom of the mainpage on Soxtalk if you are interested.
  20. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 01:22 PM) Oh you're cool. Now that the Sox have resigned Paulie, I told the girlfriend to go ahead and get me the Konerko WS Jersey. Booya. Now I'm cool. For coolness points, BMAC55>>>>>>>>>>>>>PK14. Now if someone had a Bullard jersey, we would have to reset the coolness scale for obvious reasons
  21. Like I said in the email, I don't need a computer to tell me that two of my cats are within 5 feet of my wife right now, and the other two are sleeping in either the front room, or the spare bedroom aka the cats room. But I could see how for outdoor cats and dogs in general this could be a cool idea.
  22. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 10:39 AM) I'll trust Papa McCarthy on this one. Yeah, thank God we found that out before Soxfest, I am going to try to get my Bmac jersey done this year. Maybe now I'll be the first Bmac-55 on my block
  23. QUOTE(mccarthyp @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 08:07 PM) It's his 3rd choice, but 1 and 2 are taken. Well I'd call that confirmation Thanks for the info Mr McCarthy
  24. QUOTE(Pierzynski 12 @ Dec 4, 2005 -> 05:11 PM) That's a waste to go to the winter meeting's and not do squat. Its better than doing something stupid just for the sake of making a move...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.