Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
bajenaru
Jeff is the next right hander in line for a spot in the Sox pen. As it stands now, he would probably open 2006 as the closer in Charlotte. If there are any injuries, I think he is next in line for the Sox.
-
Willie Harris, moron
QUOTE(Wanne @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 12:36 PM) Without knowing specifics...I think it may be a little premature to just say that. Didn't Willie have a family matter this past year? Maybe he had to provide more time for his daughter? Who knows. If it was just Willie saying, "Nah...I don't want/need to play this winter..." then yes...I'd tend to agree. If that's the case, you don't go to your boss looking for more responsibility, when you might not be able to handle what they ask of you.
-
Willie Harris, moron
He goes in and asks Kenny for more PT, but then doesn't listen when KW tells him how he can get it. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets shipped out soon.
-
Getting Married in a Church
Wow, the suggested donation where we were married was $35, and we gave more than that.
-
Another Trade is going down
Aaron Miles, the one who got away... Oh wait...
-
Sox Pass On 1st Round in Rule V Draft
Did KC stay on with the top pick or did they trade it?
-
If life had theme music...
Mind Over Matter- Ice T
-
Smoking Ban Passes in Chicago!
QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 01:26 AM) What a concept -- personal choice of where to work and where to frequent...or better yet the owner of the establishment choosing to have it be smoking or not getting steamrolled in the name of a "We know better than you" uber-nanny. For f***'s sake, sometimes fun costs you. I don't smoke but I'm not anti-smokers. This actually should have been done by OSHA years ago. Why will they protect people like mill workers from bad air, but they won't protect groups like waiters/resses, bartenders, and servers? These people are working in an enviornment that has cancer causing agents in the air, and OSHA didn't do anything. I could care less about the consumers, as they can make their dollar vote, but when it comes down to workers, the US government has set the precedent that people should not have to choose between a paycheck and living, and there is no reason that should not continue here.
-
Torture is justified at least sometimes......
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:31 AM) I love how in your world there are only two options. Bon Bons and Torture. For me bon bons would be torture :puke
-
Getting Married in a Church
Having been through the expenses of a wedding, I am surprised no one has mentioned how much cheaper it is...
-
I feel like I'm in Indiana II
We are looking at the mid to lower 20s and 3-6 inches of snow.
-
Dean says we cant win in Iraq
QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 02:20 AM) he is damn right we can't win that war. It has gotten worse since we went to Iraq. Where are the WMD's? Wait there were none. The last war worth fighting was World War 2. Tell that to all the genocide victims from around the world of the last 60 years...
-
Torture is justified at least sometimes......
Out of curiousity, where does the line end? Is it really different that a Fed Air Marshall shot and killed someone who had a bomb and seemed to be making actions that could be construed as threatening? INstead if someone knew someone who had a bomb that could blow up the city, as opposed to just having it on their person, we should just ask where it is? How is that different?
- Remembering John
-
Red Sox to swap Mirabelli for Loretta
Who catches Wakefield now?
-
Christmas Under Attack.
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 03:51 PM) Actually he included an entire Psalm in this years "holiday card." Reagan and Bush 41 used Merry Christmas. As did Carter, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman and Roosevelt. These cards are paid for with private money. The RNC pays for them, there'd be no lawsuit to file. Even with it being called "the White House" Christmas card the RNC pays for it?
-
Christmas Under Attack.
Call me silly, but I would bet dollars to donuts that if Bush had put a Christian reference on his White House card that someone would have sued saying that the inclusion represented a defacto endorsement of Christianity by the US government.
-
GM Meeting
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 01:48 PM) It is so important for the Sox to get out to a hot start this season, on so many levels. 1st, just the team itself needs to have a good start, thats an obvious. 2nd, however, is the attendance issue.( NOT ANOTHER ATTENDANCE THREAD!!!!) If the Sox get off to a 8-8, 10-10 start, there are writers in this town, including the national media that are just begging to make last season seem like a fluke. I really believe if the Sox can start off hot like last season(not ass hot, I dont think thats possible again) then attendance should be great alll season. A good start is a must. Need to keep the buzz up. That is why it is vital that the big attendance increase for 2006 be in season tickets, and not in single game tickets, that way the tickets are already sold, and even if the Sox get off to a slow start they still have a huge amount of tickets sold already. It is possible right now that the Sox could go into 2006 with more tickets sold than they did in the whole of 2005.
-
Torture is justified at least sometimes......
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 12:56 PM) Link Just for the heck of it, I googled this so TIWIW, but there are tons of sites that detail the accusations of Israeli torture against the Palestinians. Stuff like this... http://www.israel-state-terrorism.org/Israelitorture.html It might be true, it might not be, i don't know much about it to be honest.
-
Most ridiculous lyrics
I could post Beatles lyrics from here to Sunday...
-
Perfect Fit?
There is only one fit when it comes to Kenny Lofton, and that is his own head, firmly up his own ass.
-
Would you do this trade?!?!?!?
Purely in the theoretical sense of things, I can't see how you would not take a guy like Willis. I might be Brandon's biggest fan, but Dontrelle Willis sells tickets and was a near Cy Young, I don't see how you could pass that up for a guy who when he tops out, might be that good.
-
It's official
QUOTE(toasty @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 12:31 PM) yeah i have at least one of those if not 2 why o why cant we find another college stud like him? It helps that we haven't even had a top 10 pick for something like 15 years or so, the longest streak in the majors.
-
Thank You Frank Thomas.
We'll go ahead and pin this topic as it looks like the Day of Reconning is upon us... And please have respect for those to whom Frank Thomas is the reason some people became White Sox fans, please don't let the thread deteriorate to crap again. Thanks
-
Happy Birthday NorthSideSox
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 12:11 PM) Hey - I just saw this thread. Totally didn't expect that. Thanks to both of you guys, I appreciate the thought! Especially since I don't even know you. Wait a second... so if I'm 33, I'm in the older person's club? Is there a prize with that or something? There was a prize, but with the onset of alzheimers, we forgot what it was.