Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 01:43 AM) Claudell Washington I remember my dad HATED Claudell, as a young tyke we would sit out in RF and yell "WAKE UP CLAUDELL" at him. QUOTE(JoeCredeYes @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 02:53 AM) jesus pena I remember everytime he came in the joke was "Jesus saves, but probably not in this case.
  2. Also I don't know if those are Eastern times or not, but the game starts at 2 pm Chicago time, not 3.
  3. QUOTE(S720 @ Dec 17, 2005 -> 11:45 PM) And how the HECK that you know for sure southsider2k5? 8 years of his Presidency?
  4. REMEMBER TODAY is the ALDS Game One broadcast!!!! SET YOUR VCRS!!!
  5. QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Dec 17, 2005 -> 03:44 PM) If Clinton would have done this, Congress would have tried to impeach him for it! If Clinton had done this, he would have just lied about it anyway...
  6. Arms like Kolbs don't grow on trees. I'd be willing to give him a few months with Don Cooper to see if he could be fixed. Besides the relievers we are talking about are the last righty in our pen. You can mix and match them for whenever you need.
  7. QUOTE(Jake @ Dec 17, 2005 -> 01:31 PM) For the McCarthy lovers: I remember Kip Wells tearing s*** up at the end of one year... and well.. we know what ended up happening there. Kip Wells would cream himself to have Brandon McCarthy's mental make up. Wells never had the guts to succeed in a pressure situation here, Brandon has already proved his moxy in the few starts he has had here. Wells pitched well in September of a season that was already over, Brandon's ML debut was in Wrigley against the Cubs. Now never again mention Wells and McCarthy in same sentence involving their careers.
  8. Very awesome. Many different versions and artists. Me likey.
  9. QUOTE(Mercy! @ Dec 17, 2005 -> 08:43 AM) I think voting in national elections should be compulsory in the United States. Minimum $25 fine for failing to do so. It’d be interesting to know how many of the opinionistas on this board cast ballots in every local, state and federal election. Raises hand... Even for the school board.
  10. QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 11:59 PM) John Kass' trophy experience. The Precious I John Kass... There isn't a better writer in Chicago.
  11. Me and the trophy, b****es.
  12. Me and the trophy, b****es.
  13. QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 05:09 PM) Admit it... you're the licker, aren't you. It wasn't quite a lick, but I don't know if they will be able to get the stain out none the less...
  14. Uh, I most definately did NOT lick the trophy. Now the thought of running off with it did cross my mind as I sized up the fat ass Chicago cop that was its security guard.
  15. You guys are cheating. You are supposed to give a memory of the player someone else mentions before you list a new player!!! Anyone can dig up old player names, the fun is actually remembering something about them.
  16. QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 03:40 PM) Rupe. Webster. Majewski. Haigwood. Gonzalez. Young. Morse. Reed. others I can't remember. Sooner or later, we're going to get burned really badly on one of these deals. it's inevitable. But if the goal is to spend money to stay on top with solid players, I'm conflicted about trading the youngters because most of them DO NOT pan out. But of this group, I gotta figure that one or two of them are going to be all-stars. Looking at all the outfield deals we have made, I have to figure that they truly believe Brian Anderson will be a solid, solid player. Otherwise, it makes no sense to deal Rowand, Reed and Chris Young. Thoughts? All that list tells me is that we have been damned good at making these deals, and we should trust the GM here, as he has one hell of a track record.
  17. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 12:15 PM) ^^^ Can this be put in giant bold letters atop Soxtalk? So it never has to be explained again. Nah we'll just direct people to PM Kalapse.
  18. QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 03:18 PM) They don't let you hold the trophy for the picture, do they? The trophy sits on a stand, and you walk right up to it, but they do say in the rules that you cannot touch the trophy at all. I kind put my arm around the table for my pic.
  19. I just got my picture taken with the World Series trophy, it was f***ing incredible. I'll post pictures when I get home. For those who are going BRING YOUR OWN CAMERA. They DO NOT provide one for you. We were there at the start and there wasn't much of a line, so they took two pictures, and I had gone up with a buddy from work and they took one of us together as well. I don't know if they will always take that many pics, but it was really sweet.
  20. QUOTE(LEXNLIV @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 11:13 AM) Ironically, early yesterday I got tired of waiting for the Ozzie plan and partnered up with a friend and bought the Double play plan. I was told that they already have a base of 20,000 season tickets sold per game already. That is excellent news. That means before single game tickets have gone on sale, the Sox have sold 1.6 million tickets for 2006. Awesome!
  21. Iran's President claims he was misunderstood the other day when he reiterated his comments about Israel being "wiped off of the map". He also reiterated that the holocaust was just a myth. Also I must have missed the part where Iran offered to take in the Palestinian refugees, because if he thinks Europe should take in the Jews, he must feel like Muslims should help out their own brothers in need right? Once again, this man cannot posess nuclear materials. The rest of the world would not be safe.
  22. I said it in a different thread... Ken Griffey Jr wouldn' shock me at all.
  23. QUOTE(heirdog @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 10:11 AM) Still no one with anything for Salome Barojas? I posted him after answering Joel Skinner (but I see now that it may have looked like I was signing off as "Salome Barojas"). Any way, I followed the rules and answered the previous and then posted one of my own. There are many bending the rules in this game by listing 3 or 4 on one post (name droppin' no doubt), some that aren't even answering a previous post. Probably too many youngins here to remember Salome... a big time arm out of the 83 pen. How about Billy Joe Robideux
  24. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 13, 2005 -> 07:06 PM) which raises the question.... Whither Marion Jones. Judging by the example set down by the IOC, I don't see why not. This is a terrible precident too. They have no evidence, just a connect the dots book.
  25. southsider2k5 replied to fathom's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 16, 2005 -> 08:07 AM) IF we stand pat, we don't repeat. I believe that as much as I believe my name is Larry. Sure Lawrence...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.