Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Do you Ever Use the My Assistant link
QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 12:23 PM) Why do you jerks keep taking s*** away from us.. Lord.. it's like a Nazi camp around here .. :rolly Duh, we don't have money for upkeep now that you have quit having people banned...
-
Breaking news on steroids
Baseball is also the only American sport that has an anti-trust exemption... Maybe that is why it gets looked after just a little more closely...
-
Laguna Beach 3
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 11:29 PM) Guess not, care to explain why I've never seen you with one? Come on Alex you have met Jas how many times? Please tell me that was a rhetorical question.
-
Free t.v.'s in texas.
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 04:50 PM) DISH, (formerly Clark) Texas is right near a town called, I s*** you not, Hoop and Holler, Texas. So that goes right along with Hot Sex Slave, FL. By the way, it's near Houston, not Fort Worth. Is that anywhere near Cut and Shoot, TX? QUOTE(mreye @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 05:38 PM) I'm sorry, but I can't afford to sponsor you. Excuse me for a second... :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke
-
Summer Internships
Hey Jas, was that the experience at GT? It is probably a good thing that you didn't take them up on their offer because they are neck deep in all of the Refco stuff from what I am reading. I don't think they will send them the way of Andersen, but they are going to be in a for a big shake up if things continue down these tracks. Consider yourself lucky.
-
Democrats Losing Race For Funds Under Dean
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 06:34 PM) This is one of the reasons I became a Democrat first...but trouble is...both parties have plenty of IOU's coming from campaign contributors. Tons of them. Stacks miles high. Hell, one Republican congressman from California has snuck a provision into the Budget bill which would allow the government to sell off about 5 million acres of public land to oil, gas, and mining companies at virtually no cost. That doesn't happen for no reason. I don't know that it'd be constitutional...but I'd be fully in favor of some sort of public financing system for campaigns, even if it had to be created constitutionally. I'd try to argue that it is almost more unconsititutional to have a dollar vote decide our campaign cycle, vs one person-one voice-one vote. The system we have now denies the poor people any "free speech" because they don't have the means to engage in the speech that PACs and multimillionaires have. Does the campaign system we have truely reflect free speech if there is an entire sector socioeconomically that has no voice?
-
Christmas Gift Idea..
QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 10:35 PM) I'm looking at that stuff.. trouble is.. he already has a ton of it. He's a Star Trek fan (not a trekkie by any means) but he does like the series with Shatner.. I've been looking for some autographed stuff. Like a cast photo.. but no luck seeing anything I think he'd like.. Any Trek fans have any ideas...? Ha ha, Jim's a geek
-
Do you Ever Use the My Assistant link
I used it years ago, and it didn't do anything for me, so I quit. Wait what were we talking about?
-
Good & bad Dolgin news..
QUOTE(Sox Radio Bryan @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 06:31 PM) From time to time, I stop by this site to read what's up in the minds of Sox fans. Thank you to all who listened to White Sox baseball throughout the 2005 World Championship season. I appreciate the kind words that many of you have offered on this thread. Sure it would have been nice to continue talking White Sox baseball in the same capacity next year, but that's the nature of this media business. I was told when I was first hired that, should the radio rights change stations, there was no guarantee of employment for 2006 and beyond. It was a gamble worth taking in my professional career. Wouldn't you all agree?Fortunately, I continue to work at WMVP in a variety of roles. As far as the call with Bruce is concerned, it was great radio. I do not consider it a big deal, but I am in the minority based on all your opinions. Bruce works tirelessly and does a heck of a job. I have enjoyed working with him since day one. Thanks again for your thoughts, opinions, compliments and critiques. I appreciate it all. It was an enjoyable 175 broadcasts for me (one spring training + 162 regular season + 12 post season). I hope you had fun because I sure did. Bryan you are a total class act. Good luck with ND.
-
Mayor declares 'Julie Andrews Day' in Chicago
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 05:02 PM) I don't think anyone's been restraining using that one...... And that's just her friends and family...
-
Mayor declares 'Julie Andrews Day' in Chicago
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 03:53 PM) Why, are you still banned at the Cell Block? Banned at the manhole
-
Mayor declares 'Julie Andrews Day' in Chicago
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 03:21 PM) We all need ritalin. Maybe we all just need to head down to the Blue Oyster Bar and talk this out over a couple of cocktails... [pushes thread back on track]
-
Official College Basketball Thread
Wow, they lost to Huntington? That's a D3 team :0
-
Mayor declares 'Julie Andrews Day' in Chicago
QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 01:52 PM) your sig explains you so well ESPNJohn. I have no idea what it means. Quote of the Milenium, no matter how young it might be...
-
Mayor declares 'Julie Andrews Day' in Chicago
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 01:04 PM) My interpretation (admittedly as one who didn't make the team call-up) was that Mercy was merely stating that from the female (= distaff) viewpoint in the gay community, Julie Andrews is near God-like, while poor Bea is, well... not. Sorry, Rex. Don't bother, he is probably rioting as we speak...
-
Mike Cameron
I have no idea about their OF situation, but could this mean that Giles isn't going back to SD?
-
Prospect Smackdown: McCarthy vs. Baker
QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 10:52 AM) Never underestimate a Twins prospect. They know how to develop those over there. I can't believe you are still posting anything anti-Sox
-
Green Day's Bigotry
QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 10:11 AM) And they shall know we are Christians by our love. . . Thank you for saying that. That is the message that gets lost in all of this. If any Christians read the words of Jesus Christ, THAT is the message right there. When they asked Jesus what the most important thing was, after love your God, it was love one another as I have loved you. If you live by that right there, none of the rest of that crap matters. For many it is the hardest tenet to live by, but it is clearly the most important. If you follow it, the rest of the noise wouldn't be happening.
-
Free Agent Player's Priorities
QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 04:34 PM) Are you serious...??? They have to file 15 (or so) different returns..?? That can't be... Unless the state they live in has a reciprocal agreement with where they work (ie play the games) they have a to file a return for each state. I have to file returns in Indiana and Illinois because they don't have reciprocity. Believe me, it sucks. I am sure most of them have accountants that worry about that crap though.
-
McCartney Concert Review
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 10:11 AM) Two of those titles don't belong, but which two?? Tick... tock... P.S. A certain package is going off in today's mail. . . I cheated... I just went Beatles
-
McCartney Concert Review
Oh yeah you think you all are funny now, but when Paul comes across the universe, looking for you all here there and everywhere, and then comes through the bathroom window with Maxwell's silver hammer to take out the fool on the hill, you'll be wishing you could get back to where you once belonged. Dig it?
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
The two most hated words in the English language Wind Chill
-
Mayor declares 'Julie Andrews Day' in Chicago
If I can tell the same joke over and over and over and over again, can I get in?
-
Democrats Losing Race For Funds Under Dean
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 09:16 PM) In an effort to avoid the NYT and all the Right sees as wrong with it, I'll add some material from the much more wingnut-friendly Washington Times. As contributer Hunter from the Dailykos says, "The Washington Times would generally rather print their papers on the desiccated skins of puppies than say something bad about a Republican, but they'll print a scoop when they see one." Relayed from AmeriBlog, it sounds like the President is starting to fray at the ends: So basically when we all joked about Cheney and company running the White House at the beginning, it was true?
-
Move Iguchi
QUOTE(indyman @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 04:30 PM) Whatever stat you compare it with, when he is batting with a man on first he's hitting over .300, slugging percentage over .500. That doesn't appear to be much of a distraction. I am glad to see you read anything that people replied to you with. First of all, the only time he has to worry about moving a runner over is when he has Pods on first base and no one out. If anyone else is on first base, in any other situation, the arguement is worthless. -He doesn't have to give himself up if the 8th or 9th hitter is on first base and there are outs. -He also doesn't have to worry about taking pitches if anyone else is on first base other than Podsednik, because he doesn't have to worry about them running. Odds are if there is a runner at first base when Iguchi is swinging, it was either when Pods was hurt, and couldn't steal, or it isn't Pods, which also negates your arguement (and leads back to the top bullet point) -You aren't factoring in ABs that Iguchi gives up when either Pods leads off with a double or he steals second, and then Iguchi gives up his AB by rolling a groundball to the right side of the infield. -You also aren't factoring in the hitting with two strikes factor, but I will throw them out there just to put a few more holes into your arguement. 0-2=.149/.227/.444 1-2=.105/.118/.222 2-2=.189/.230/.427 Picking one individual stat and isolating it at the expense of the big picture is cheating yourself.