Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 11:32 AM) Don't you have to pay according to the state you reside in...? Its according to where you work. So in reality you file a state income tax form for each state you play a game in.
  2. according to Mark Chapmans own words. http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/1...r.ap/index.html
  3. QUOTE(indyman @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 03:58 PM) The CW is Iguchi would be a much better hitter if he wasn't batting second. By batting second he is distracted, and has to give him self up all the time. What do the facts say? Batting Average with man on 1st: .326 (slugging .511) Batting Average with none on/none out: .205 It doesn't appear batting second hurts Iguchi. He actually maybe getting better pitches to hit. Why would you only look at those two specific sitations??? There are a bunch of different scenarios that Iguchi would either have to give himself up, or get to swing the bat. Your picks seems to be biased towards exactly what you want them to portray. The most important stat when looking at whether Tads is hurt by hitting second is to look at his average with two strikes. Because he sees a lot of fastballs, and has to take them to give Pods a chance to run, that is a much more vital stat. Look at how bad hits 0-2, 1-2, and 2-2 to get a more accurate view of the reality of hitting behind a base stealer, because odds are he will be taking strikes in order to give Pods a chance to steal. Also by focusing only on a runner at first base you are looking only at the runner who has not moved. How many times did Pods steal 2nd only to be moved over by Tads on a groudball to the right side? That wouldn't factor into your numbers either I gotta say if you are going to say we need to trade someone, you need to make a better case than this...
  4. QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 11:59 AM) Yes but Lawton was such a bust that they had to trade him. Had he played well he wouldn't be traded. I'd be willing to bet that the two Lawton trades happened when his steroid test results leaked out. No evidence, just a feeling.
  5. And in a related story, the sun is indeed "hot".
  6. Good to see this is happening. I am especially happy that they added speed to the list.
  7. QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 03:31 PM) I think I've been called both of them. If they expanded the list to 20, I've probably been called all of those too.... And that's just by me... s*** where did my green keyboard go to???
  8. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 03:14 PM) I think we censor two words around here. Actually its three, all though two of them are just derivatives of each other.
  9. QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 01:45 PM) Madison is his daughter.. I'm pretty sure I'll know her. Pfft. If you think I am exposing my daughter to you...
  10. QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 01:34 PM) You don't. Madison does. Well she wears a large in mens, OK?
  11. QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 12:29 PM) Dude just listen to southsider2k5, and shut the f*** up, we are here to talk baseball and thats it, so stick to the baseball discussion Thanks Thanks, I think I can handle it
  12. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 12:55 PM) well, my apologies to the chicken f***ers out there then you apparently aren't in the same protected catagory as others are... And for that, we thank you.
  13. QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 01:15 PM) I'm done with my shopping except for the husband. When do I get my present?
  14. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 01:03 PM) If anybody ever sees me out shopping in that madhouse the day after Thanksgiving, please shoot me. [please go shopping]
  15. QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 12:09 PM) Accounting manager made a $235K "mistake"... :headshake Damn, the biggest one I ever made was $75K, I got some work to do
  16. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) The post office was making a mint off the .37 cents for a while. They did a lot of re-bidding moving the postal mail around, cut costs, and fuel wasn't an issue really until about 15-18 months ago. In case you didn't know it, Fed-Ex moves most of the mail around now. I'm VERY familiar how all that went down. Yeah, IIRC they got the last increase after 9-11 and Anthrax stuff right? Fuel has got to be their big cost now, and I doubt they are effecient enough to actually hedge their costs like some of the airlines do.
  17. FYI, The Trib is doing a special college preview section in tomorrows paper.
  18. Why not just make it 40 cents and save another rate increase proposal in a year? To be honest with the increase in gas prices I am surprised they aren't looking for a bigger jump.
  19. 31. "Takes him 2 hours to watch '60-minutes'." Don't know why, but I love that one
  20. QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 06:00 PM) At the end of the day, its "Most Valuable Player", not "Best Player". If we want Best Player, we can just look at the stats. I'd argue that Ortiz was more valuable to the Red Sox than A-Rod was to the Yankees. But I'm not about to waste digital breath defending a member of the AL team I hate the most. If that was it, Travis Hafner and Paul Konerko should have been battling it out of the award instead of two guys who had 8 figure salary hitters protecting them. Hafner and Konerko were way more important to the Sox and Indians success than ARod and Ortiz were to the Red Sox success.
  21. QUOTE(easyw @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 11:40 PM) Another thing to keep in mind, whatever the figure is for "full" season ticket holders, I'd bet about half of those seats are corporations, NOT individuals. The Sox have a huge - and growing - fan base, but it is not one with deep pockets. Corporations don't have deep pockets?
  22. I feel sooooooooooooooooo bad for you. Signed Starts work at 7 am
  23. southsider2k5 replied to SoxRock05's topic in SLaM
    Ask the Flying Spaghetti Monster. He knows.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.