Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. The all-time leading scorer in Indiana HS basketball history, IU alum, and short stinter in the NBA, Damon Bailey accepted an offer to coach his old HS team Bedford North Lawrence.
  2. http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/11/07/small_cars/index.html
  3. QUOTE(mreye @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 11:40 AM) Thank you! Now I can impress all my friends with my new vocabulary. Word E, Word.
  4. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    Are you having trouble understanding what the kids are talking about today? Not caught up on the latest lingo? Do the lyrics to a rap song just utterly confuse you? Well I am here to make your day Click this link NOW!!
  5. QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 11:20 AM) I try to avoid public washrooms if I can, but if I can't, I ALWAYS wipe the seat first with some TP. What was he thinking? The thing is, he had to feel something wet on the seat. I dont' know about you, but if I sat in something wet on a toilet seat, I would be jumping up to clean it off at least. Why would you stay seated in it long enough for the glue to set???
  6. QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 11:09 AM) I'm pretty sure the "G" is silent. Its not silent, but it isn't the heavy G sound either. ing is a close proununciation as I understand it.
  7. QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 10:58 AM) Alleged.. and heaven for bid someone be accused of something that isn't true.. remember there are some pissed off rebels still on the loose who weren't able to cash in on kidnapping his mother - which many feel was an inside job... I for one would love Urbina on the Sox. Just from seeing him and Oz and Freddy interacting last year in Detroit it was clear that Oz can keep him under control. To me it is just as possible that he could have been trying to exact some vigilante style justice from his mom's kidnapping. I haven't heard anyone mention that, but I would be curious if that was the presumed motive. It will be interesting to see how the case progresses.
  8. http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/11/08/toilet.man.ap/index.html
  9. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 10:28 AM) Sox really could have a good marketing piece with Matsui. Brooks and the rest of the Sox brass could have a field day with making "Tad" and "Dek" the Japanese bash brothers. You can say we had Shingo and Iguchi on the same team, but this would be a whole new ballgame. You could even hit them back to back pretty easily.
  10. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 01:23 AM) So wait...you're telling me that terrorists have gained a training ground in Iraq? Had. As in, before we invaded.
  11. QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 06:53 AM) Yes, it's a good point. It's also a waste of taxpayers money to be prosecuting this case. They don't have to advertise the fact the overlook certain trivial amounts, but common sense suggests that they should overlook them. Glad to see they finally got the SOB. Any chance of you guys being called to testify at his trial?
  12. QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 06:56 AM) So we made the mistake of relying on years worth of our own intelligence as opposed to the word of a few U.N. inspectors. I can live with that "mistake". From the same UN who has head many of its personel become involved in the oil for food scandals, involving Iraq as well.
  13. Well she basically slept through the nite last night. We kept her up for like 4 hours before we went to bed, and the only time she was awake was when she got woke up for her feeding
  14. QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 10:00 AM) Either "eng" or "ang", probably. Like the song by They Might Be Giants, "Ana Ng". I love that song....yeah, I'm a dork..... TMBG You have some taste afterall
  15. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 09:55 AM) I know you're being sarcastic, but can you imagine what it would be like if something like that was discovered there? I don't know anything about buried treasure, but I read all of these links, and it seems that all of this was a little too elaborate for just some treasure buried by a pirate or something. It really seems like it's something important down there. It could just be natural rock formations that cause the flooding, and not some elaborate digging. This is an interesting critical read. http://web.archive.org/web/20020806031222/...ltes/oakisland/
  16. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 08:03 PM) Not even close. Rosenhaus is a lying prick. Boras may be a hard-line agent, but he's fairly honest with teams and really does work out the best deals for his clients. Ask the White Sox and Rangers how "honest" Borass is...
  17. I saw the press confrence on ESPN last night and about puked. All that was, was TO reading a statement, and Rosenhaus talking. TO wasn't even man enough to stand up and answer the questions, he had to have his agent do it for him. For being such a man, he sure looked like a little b**** at "his" press confrence. He might as well of not been there as he was totally not needed.
  18. Its no surprise that she got her start with the White Sox. If there is a openminded and progressive organization in professional sports, I haven't seen it.
  19. QUOTE(Bullard @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 12:35 AM) Wow so many questions! LOL I am currently rehabbing my elbow and its feeling a whole hell of a lot better. I should be 100% by Spring. I have been playing light catch and there is no pain. As for my pitches, I feature a FB, SL and CH. My slider is my "out pitch". I am currently in Santa Barbara, CA. going to UCSB, trying to get closer to a degree. School is important remember that! I assume I will be in Char. this year. Hopefully I can pitch exclusively out of the pen next year. Reynoso is the only other lefty reliever we have in the upper minors so I should get a good opportunity next year. Good to hear you are feeling better. I assume that the surgery wasn't needed, and that rehab was the path you all chose? And if it is a relief role you will fill next year, GET THOSE LEFTIES OUT!!! We all know Ozzie loves a lefty specialist Go get em Bull!
  20. QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 10:47 PM) "But the sox team isn't exactly filled with overachievers, who had career yrs. They have plenty of room for improvement, esp offensively." huh? Career Year: Contreras, Buehrle, Garland, Konerko, Politte, AJ... I mean, not everyone had a career year, though they certainly had their share of overachievers, but as you note, the offense can still get much better. By that logic, the Indians took a huge step back. There weren't too many career years over there either.
  21. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 05:40 PM) They offered 5 years to Maggz b4 his injury..... and b4 that injury Maggz was a much better player than Konerko. FWIW they didn't pull that offer from the table with Maggs immediately after his injury. As a matter of a fact Ozzie met with Magglio after the season ended to reiterate the offer and to try to get him to take it.
  22. http://www.marinetimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-1229863.php
  23. QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 04:24 PM) Co-worker survey says go with the bottle. Also.. tell the little lady to pump to get the milk going faster. Sorry.. but I am LMAO as I type this. She has been pumping. Her milk just literally came in just today.
  24. QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Nov 8, 2005 -> 04:15 PM) while i agree with you 100% i think that releasing borchard is a bad idea for all the other reasons people are talking about. since he is an enigma with a huge upside, why not give him the 5th outfielder spot (presuming he takes it)...look, at least when he pinch hits you know hes either hitting one 500 feet or missing it by 5 feet. I don't think he will get released. I think he will end up as a piece in a bigger puzzle of a trade this winter.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.